Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What are the rules for forgiveness?
Based on the article they aren't getting forgiveness because they aren't bringing enough workers back. That makes sense. If you aren't using the money for payroll you should have to pay it back. In the case of the article it seems like they wanted to use the money for other, non payroll related expenses.

So part of me is like cool, take the money, pay your employees and if your business fails :yeshrug:
, at least you helped your staff.

On the other side, there are other types of businesses that aren't in the service industry that'll take the money, are okay with it as a non forgivable loan, and will pull money away from well intended businesses and thus workers.
:francis:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
:ehh:Lots... the government is incredibly wasteful and inefficient.

Cut ratio of administrators to faculty in public universities

Outsource CalTrans work and eliminate redundant positions
Slash state agency headcount and Pay/Benefits

Reform pensions
Face reality and end the “Sanctuary State”...
Reduce costs for prisons...

You already know that only 1 in 10 ppl on the entire country works for government.

That's efficient as fukk, breh.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dahell: can someone explain this talking point to me? not only is it all over twitter, but i see it on here too

this 1200 isn't meant to get anyone "through the next two months", its a supplement. you're either

-getting your normal paychecks, plus 1200
-or per the bill, you get 1200, plus you get an extra 2400 per month, plus your unemployment check

so when/where was the purpose to the 1200 to ever cover anyones expenses? the unemployment provision did that explicitly.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

:dahell: can someone explain this talking point to me? not only is it all over twitter, but i see it on here too

this 1200 isn't meant to get anyone "through the next two months", its a supplement. you're either

-getting your normal paycheck
-or per the same exact law that the 1200 came from, you get an extra 2400 per month plus your unemployment check

what the fukk are these people talking about?

Its not rocket science what shes saying. You been looking real funny in here tbh brehlito :ld:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
i dont understand what she's saying :dead:i thought my post was pretty clear. i notice you didnt address it
It might not have occurred to you Mr. Small Business owner but there are lot of people who are working and not getting 100% of their salary as their company is using it as a cost cutting measure to keep from laying off more people. Not to mention that unemployment takes even longer to get at this point with the scale jumping exponentially. So yes, that tax credit they're waiting on is absolutely needed to help them get through the next couple of months because the original idea was that it would help in the month of April because May 1st everything was supposed to go back to normal according to the people who started putting this together in mid March.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It might not have occurred to you Mr. Small Business owner but there are lot of people who are working and not getting 100% of their salary as their company is using it as a cost cutting measure to keep from laying off more people. Not to mention that unemployment takes even longer to get at this point with the scale jumping exponentially. So yes, that tax credit they're waiting on is absolutely needed to help them get through the next couple of months because the original idea was that it would help in the month of April because May 1st everything was supposed to go back to normal according to the people who started putting this together in mid March.
everyone ive talked to in real life is either working and getting a free 1200 bucks, or on unemployment and making the same money or more, plus getting 1200 bucks :yeshrug: i dont know. to have to reach 330 million people it seems like the government did alright in MA and CT

obviously places like florida are fukked up. its not a good situation. i just dont see how the bill itself left anyone out in the cold, when it's designed to replace the income of the vast majority of the country, once it's rolled out

if they want to give everyone in america 10 grand a month, great. i'll cash it. i hope they do.

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

-getting your normal paychecks, plus 1200
-or per the bill, you get 1200, plus you get an extra 2400 per month, plus your unemployment check

so when/where was the purpose to the 1200 to ever cover anyones expenses? the unemployment provision did that explicitly.

Not everyone that is jobless is getting unemployment

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not everyone that is jobless is getting unemployment
most are

im just trying to understand the shortcomings of the bill, outside of the state-caused delays in getting unemployment. because as far as i can tell, the bill as written makes most people whole, for 4 months. and they're writing another one as we speak

i think the government usually does a terrible job with things, but this doesnt seem that bad