Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Think I've seen three different trailers for This already. Still don't know exactly how I feel about it. I'm intrigued enough...it just looks like one big ass clusterfukk tho. And I'm hoping they didn't show damn near the whole movie in all the trailers combined, because there seems to be almost completely different scenes shown in each one.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
if you read the book, its more for people who were born in the 70's and grew up in the 80's.

from the previews, looks like they flipped it to people born in the 80's who grew up in the 90's.

i honestly think the movie will be good, but i can see this being one of those movies you would appreciate more if you read the book.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'm not posting them all, but they've got 12 new posters meant to look like other movies.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-avatars-of-ready-player-one-invade-classic-movie-po-1823548883

1IoqrIg.jpg

J3MkAV1.jpg
itsanofromedawg....:ld:

:laff:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not posting them all, but they've got 12 new posters meant to look like other movies.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-avatars-of-ready-player-one-invade-classic-movie-po-1823548883

itsanofromedawg....:ld:

:laff:
Hmm . . . this kinda cleared up the premise of the movie for me. This is my era so I am interested. But it seems like this being a huge hit is overestimating the nostalgia factor for all these properties combined. People may love The Iron Giant, The Matrix, The Breakfast Club individually. But all of that shyt? Probably not. I have never even seen Beetlejuice, and alot of that shyt like Labrynth, The Goonies etc. I saw in theaters but wasn't anything I really cared about after the fact.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
people seem to think the insultingly aggressive nostalgia is what will keep people away from this, but i think it's the fact the Oasis avatars are INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE LOOKING.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
people seem to think the insultingly aggressive nostalgia is what will keep people away from this, but i think it's the fact the Oasis avatars are INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE LOOKING.

It's weird, because it's purposeful. They are obviously going for a kitschy/tacky/trash aesthetic (the above posters). While it makes sense in that a virtual world like that would certainly look horrible if it ever came to be, they went too far with the idea. Nothing looks charming or inviting to me, everyone is awful to look at (His face in particular...who wants to watch that for ~2 hrs?).