Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It's weird, because it's purposeful. They are obviously going for a kitschy/tacky/trash aesthetic (the above posters). While it makes sense in that a virtual world like that would certainly look horrible if it ever came to be, they went too far with the idea. Nothing looks charming or inviting to me, everyone is awful to look at (His face in particular...who wants to watch that for ~2 hrs?).
Exactly. Just like Battle Angel... we get what you're going for, it just looks like shyt, so maybe just don't do it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I am very hyped for this, I think it’s going to be amazing. An if Spielberg can capture his ET magic this will go down as an all time classic.
Spielberg hasnt had the magic in a while.

I hope this is his fury road like comeback

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I am very hyped for this, I think it’s going to be amazing. An if Spielberg can capture his ET magic this will go down as an all time classic.
:dahell: Spielberg ain't capturingn no ET magic wit this. That's an all time classic. This might be better than his past several flicks but no way it's reaching ET heights.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
unless it changed Gremlins references were confirmed 2 years ago

First time seeing this. Hopefully it's not the only one. I need some Stripe mowing down some other avatars in the film.

latest

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's weird, because it's purposeful. They are obviously going for a kitschy/tacky/trash aesthetic (the above posters). While it makes sense in that a virtual world like that would certainly look horrible if it ever came to be, they went too far with the idea. Nothing looks charming or inviting to me, everyone is awful to look at (His face in particular...who wants to watch that for ~2 hrs?).
I know nothing about the source material but the digital avatars (or whatever they are) do look terrible. Outside of that, it looks like your typical run of the mill maze runner YA movie. Something something dystopian future something something evil corporate people, something something young white teen is the key, etc.

And mind you, i didn't watch any of the maze runners or divergents and didn't finish the hunger games trilogy.. so this film/franchise prob aint for me anyway even if the avatars/trailer was better. idk

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
I know nothing about the source material but the digital avatars (or whatever they are) do look terrible. Outside of that, it looks like your typical run of the mill maze runner YA movie. Something something dystopian future something something evil corporate people, something something young white teen is the key, etc.

And mind you, i didn't watch any of the maze runners or divergents and didn't finish the hunger games trilogy.. so this film/franchise prob aint for me anyway even if the avatars/trailer was better. idk

I actually enjoyed the first Maze Runner but I agree. This movie looks generic and frankly, straight up boring :ld:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Spielberg hasnt had the magic in a while.

I hope this is his fury road like comeback

:dahell: Spielberg ain't capturingn no ET magic wit this. That's an all time classic. This might be better than his past several flicks but no way it's reaching ET heights.

I am fairly optimistic about this one, I think he might have done it. At the very least I know this is going to be a blast and a whole lot of fun.