Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Wife and I saw this last night...simply trash and probably the worst Spielberg movie I've ever seen.

Other than the few pop culture references tossed in, which were cool at the beginning, the movie just reminded me of everything I hate about white nerd culture.

I haven't read the book, and I mean to at some point, the movie was really disjointed too. Same old 80s tropes throughout...

...really have nothing good to say about the film and that's sad :francis:

Glad my son has no interest in seeing it so I don't have to go back :hhh:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Wife and I saw this last night...simply trash and probably the worst Spielberg movie I've ever seen.

Other than the few pop culture references tossed in, which were cool at the beginning, the movie just reminded me of everything I hate about white nerd culture.

I haven't read the book, and I mean to at some point, the movie was really disjointed too. Same old 80s tropes throughout...

I’m currently watching this at the movie with my kids and I’m bored to tears :francis:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Yeah after the race it fell off if we didn’t have imax 3D glasses my lil girl probably wouldn’t given it 8/10 I could tel she was getting bored...

She got some of the references but the shining tho :russ: parents taking their kids

Kids don’t know no shining

Cool they didn’t cater to kids

My lil girl yelled out power ranger when gundam showed up :snoop: :laff:

I give 6.5/10

The imax saved this movie

Damn Spielberg you fell off

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
SMH... Half of you aren't movie geeks, arcadium gaming fanatics, pop cultured obsessed nerds, or all of the above. This movie was PURELY DEDICATED for them. Who the fukk cares about character development or depth of story?? We KNOW Spielberg is capable to do that, he long proven that. He want to make a PURELY NOSTALGIC movie for nikkaz that fukks with that shyt purely. That's why there's over 200 references, Easter eggs, and cameos freckled throughout the ENTIRE film. shyt you do not realized, or overlooked, or blended together such as the Delorean with the KITT from Knight Rider built in. This movie is LITERALLY STAGED as a multi-player online PS4 game with its different level of stages to complete. This is for muthafukkaz that get into Metal Gear Solid and watch the storyline in between. This is NOT for those who isn't really about that LIFE... so who the fukk cares if you crying about it having too much of this or lack the other.... it just expose you not being about that life. This is for even for the OLD HEADS who great up in the 80's and fall back into everything. The movie is not SERIOUS nor to be taken seriously. It is about PURE escapism about a film that is about that is designed for people to escape their reality. It is a MIRROR of our climate TODAY and the harsh realities that is happening to us daily... why just go into the movie and ESCAPE. Don't go in there trying to be overly critical or anal about shyt that has no point to be anal about. Put yourself in those characters, they represent YOU just like when you play a game and pick your character or player. You don't care about their background, you put yourself into that game. This movie was DOPE AF..... and I got it and its intention.

Im old head nerd

I’m glad he catered to us

But movie was trash breh

The first trailer they dropped > the movie

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Im old head nerd

I’m glad he catered to us

But movie was trash breh

The first trailer they dropped > the movie

Seriously, nikkas think my nerd cred ain't sufficient. Yeah I saw the thundercats belt and noticed the back to the future chimes kick in, but that doesn't turn a terrible movie into a good one. shyt was trash :manny:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

What's white nerd culture? And if there is such a thing, what's black nerd culture? Nerd/geeks flock to the same ish, it's just one culture.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I was ok with this until I heard the line "You killed my mother's sister!":hhh::gucci::scust::mjlol:
The love story had no build up, dude said I love you on their first "date":heh:
I really didn't geek out on any of the nostalgia like the Delorean, Iron Giant or King Kong, probably because they were in every trailer:francis:
The final battle was cool I guess, whole movie was pretty to look at:ehh:
But I think South Park did it better with "Imagination Land" :hubie:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

matter of fact if one of the "High 5" would have chosen ME as their powered up Avatar:primefacepalm:
they could had recreated this scene with "You Got the Touch" playing during the final battle and this would have been the greatest movie ever:jordan1:
YC34iOE.gif

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
What's white nerd culture? And if there is such a thing, what's black nerd culture? Nerd/geeks flock to the same ish, it's just one culture.

White nerd culture is the glorification of all things nostalgic and nerd like.

The difference between us and them white kids is that we understand what being sold to is. For instance; I like Ninja turtles and transformers for what it is: a dope ass cartoon when I was growing up vs. white nerds that live in that moment forever in their momma's basement...they worship that shyt :scust:

Breh, our lives are fine if we never see that shyt again. Not the white nerd tho, they keep regurgitating the same shyt every 5 years to profit off the very same people they sold it to 5 years ago. I'm not that guy and I don't know too many brothas that are :manny:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I enjoyed it, never read the book or anything

Main villain in the oasis felt like the boss from metal gear vengeance in terms of look

I had no expectations and the main characters was a doofus. get yr PAWG, man :mjcry:

Shaun of the Dead's story is where I felt they were going and it didn't disappoint

Those visuals were :whew:

Lemme get a 3D headset and I'm probably spending a month like a JBO vet

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I was ok with this until I heard the line "You killed my mother's sister!":hhh::gucci::scust::mjlol:
Yeah these parts stayed with me lmao

You probably a virgin but you just met her :gucci:

His aunt ain't want neither of those bums in her house :dead:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
She called him out on that though. Plus he's a nerdy teen. Any girl that likes what he likes is going to go all in with:manny:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Read the book, didn't hate the movie but was legit mad at how much they changed.

Simple shyt like his aunt not being mean to him, or the way he discovered the first key. A certain player dying, etc. They really changed TOO much for me to appreciate it fully.

It's a 6/10 from me.