Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
sounds like i should sneak into this after seeing another movie and dip after the first race
boeXbvx.png

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah it's the ones that read the book that keep shytting on this. :mjlol:

Ya'll both right. It's mainly "hardcore" gamers and readers of the book that I saw have the most complaints about the movie. I enjoyed it tho. 8.5/10 for me. It ain't topping Black Panther for sure, but I've seen it twice now and it was thrilling, fulfilling ride for the most part.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’m going to see it next week. I was a fan of the book.

In my opinion something like this needed to be fully fleshed out and it’s too much for one movie. To tell the story truthfully you can’t cram it into one movie.

I was also disappointed with Enders Game. One of the best sci-fi books I have read but they had to really rush thru the movie when they could have told the story better and made it flow better with two movies
I left enders game heated. My favorite book of all time and they didn't do it justice at all

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just came back from seeing this and I thought it was really good. Visually, it was amazing. You can tell they put a lot of time and effort into the CGI because it rivalled Pixar films. For a film that was 2.5 hours, the pacing was brilliant - it didn’t really have any dry spots and I found myself engaged the entire time. The overall message of the story was little bit cheesy but it was to be expected for a film that going to be rooted in nostalgia.

So IOI could just go around sending drones and bodying people and the police didn’t intervene at all? They didn’t do enough to explain how much power IOI had because the fact they were essentially a criminal organisation with full autonomy seemed ridiculous.

They could have thrown in some back story to show how they have the authorities in their pocket or something like that.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I had the book for about a year and just didn't get around to reading it and I'm so glad I saw the movie first. It seems like reading a book first sends you into the theater with a number of set expectations and scenes you MUST see and if those expectations aren't met you turn bitter and just complain about shyt that doesn't really NEED to be in the movie but because it was in the book you can't let it go. It's as if you spend the entire time watching the movie thinking about how it's deviating from the book.

If you see the movie first you are able to take it for what is presented on the screen, you don't have anything else to compare it to at the time. I'll most likely go see this again with the Movie Pass then read the book next week.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I took my kids to see it yesterday and both they and I really liked it. Didn’t read the book, so the backstory or lack of y’all bytching about didn’t faze me. Lots of cool nostalgia and nice escapism too. Like the movie pointed out some of y’all need to log off from time to time and enjoy life a little more.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I had the book for about a year and just didn't get around to reading it and I'm so glad I saw the movie first. It seems like reading a book first sends you into the theater with a number of set expectations and scenes you MUST see and if those expectations aren't met you turn bitter and just complain about shyt that doesn't really NEED to be in the movie but because it was in the book you can't let it go. It's as if you spend the entire time watching the movie thinking about how it's deviating from the book.

If you see the movie first you are able to take it for what is presented on the screen, you don't have anything else to compare it to at the time. I'll most likely go see this again with the Movie Pass then read the book next week.
It's not so much the scenes as much as the overall fleshing out of the characters and the world building that was much better than the book.

Even down to little shyt like people actually went to school in the Oasis.

All of the challenges are much more fun and memorable in the movie than in the book.

Like I had never seen wargames until after I read the book. Nor have I played Joust.

But like everyone else I've seen The Shining and the race was really dope

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Folks are making their minds up about this movie without even seeing it. Guess 'professional movie critics' really do influence some of these idiots.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I enjoyed it..I guess...though it's almost certainly the worst script Spielberg has ever shot. Just miserably bad storytelling.