Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was enjoying the movie until
Wade was kidnapped by Artemis. Then it started to feel like a self parody.
Yeah
in the book they don't meet til the end. Wade earns a fly crib and they break in and he's the one that goes to prison

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Yeah
in the book they don't meet til the end. Wade earns a fly crib and they break in and he's the one that goes to prison
plus the way they
downplayed Og's role is the story was very "convenient"

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
this is the sad reality
That being said, the way Spielberg handled these characters and backstory is shameless
Idk how much of the blame can be placed on Zak Penn but I don't see how spending an extra 10 mins for cohesion and world-building would've been so bad
Theres nothing wrong with the backstory. All we need is for motivation for Wade, and we get that. It's like wanting more from indiana Jones. It's just not necessary for an action adventure:manny:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Theres nothing wrong with the backstory. All we need is for motivation for Wade, and we get that. It's like wanting more from indiana Jones. It's just not necessary for an action adventure:manny:
I feel like the business model and practicality of Oasis could've been explored more

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SMH... Half of you aren't movie geeks, arcadium gaming fanatics, pop cultured obsessed nerds, or all of the above. This movie was PURELY DEDICATED for them. Who the fukk cares about character development or depth of story?? We KNOW Spielberg is capable to do that, he long proven that. He want to make a PURELY NOSTALGIC movie for nikkaz that fukks with that shyt purely. That's why there's over 200 references, Easter eggs, and cameos freckled throughout the ENTIRE film. shyt you do not realized, or overlooked, or blended together such as the Delorean with the KITT from Knight Rider built in. This movie is LITERALLY STAGED as a multi-player online PS4 game with its different level of stages to complete. This is for muthafukkaz that get into Metal Gear Solid and watch the storyline in between. This is NOT for those who isn't really about that LIFE... so who the fukk cares if you crying about it having too much of this or lack the other.... it just expose you not being about that life. This is for even for the OLD HEADS who great up in the 80's and fall back into everything. The movie is not SERIOUS nor to be taken seriously. It is about PURE escapism about a film that is about that is designed for people to escape their reality. It is a MIRROR of our climate TODAY and the harsh realities that is happening to us daily... why just go into the movie and ESCAPE. Don't go in there trying to be overly critical or anal about shyt that has no point to be anal about. Put yourself in those characters, they represent YOU just like when you play a game and pick your character or player. You don't care about their background, you put yourself into that game. This movie was DOPE AF..... and I got it and its intention.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
SMH... Half of you aren't movie geeks, arcadium gaming fanatics, pop cultured obsessed nerds, or all of the above. This movie was PURELY DEDICATED for them. Who the fukk cares about character development or depth of story?? We KNOW Spielberg is capable to do that, he long proven that. He want to make a PURELY NOSTALGIC movie for nikkaz that fukks with that shyt purely. That's why there's over 200 references, Easter eggs, and cameos freckled throughout the ENTIRE film. shyt you do not realized, or overlooked, or blended together such as the Delorean with the KITT from Knight Rider built in. This movie is LITERALLY STAGED as a multi-player online PS4 game with its different level of stages to complete. This is for muthafukkaz that get into Metal Gear Solid and watch the storyline in between. This is NOT for those who isn't really about that LIFE... so who the fukk cares if you crying about it having too much of this or lack the other.... it just expose you not being about that life. This is for even for the OLD HEADS who great up in the 80's and fall back into everything. The movie is not SERIOUS nor to be taken seriously. It is about PURE escapism about a film that is about that is designed for people to escape their reality. It is a MIRROR of our climate TODAY and the harsh realities that is happening to us daily... why just go into the movie and ESCAPE. Don't go in there trying to be overly critical or anal about shyt that has no point to be anal about. Put yourself in those characters, they represent YOU just like when you play a game and pick your character or player. You don't care about their background, you put yourself into that game. This movie was DOPE AF..... and I got it and its intention.
Exactly. +1

Daps
It seems like if you read the book you hated the movie. My expectations weren’t that high, the wife and I loved it. Literally was sitting on the edge of my seat with the :gladbron:face the whole time.
If they had a DBZ reference at the final battle scene my head would have exploded.

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
They changed too much from the book to me and I don't get why they needed to, the first key although visually great was fukking stupid compared to the book, a character's death in the book doesn't happen to give this Kumbaya pg bullshyt ending.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Didn’t read the book so I enjoyed the movie for what it was.

I’ve seen excerpts from the book and it looked like trash and from what I’ve read online it seemed Spielberg changed things for the better.

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It seems like if you read the book you hated the movie. My expectations weren’t that high, the wife and I loved it. Literally was sitting on the edge of my seat with the :gladbron:face the whole time.
If they had a DBZ reference at the final battle scene my head would have exploded.

Breh when he cocked his hand back I thought he was about to kamekameha instead of hadouken.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Reading the book (which is short as fukk), you could tell it was being written specifically to one day be a film..,so I’m surprised they changed as much as they did.

I didn’t hate the movie, but do think it could have been better if it stuck to the novel (which I do agree is not incredibly written, but did have an entertaining story that easily lends itself to the big screen.)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

It was a REALLY good "movie ride", but there's not enough there for it to become a "classic" in an of itself. Everything great about it was based on how you feel about something that you have seen before. And that's fine if your goal is to have a great time at the movies, but there's nothing from THIS movie that will make anyone from 10 years from now and say "remember this great quote/scene?".

My favorite scene was when
Chucky
when on his rampage. But looking back at it two days later, the movie "Cabin in the Woods" did a much much better version of that particular concept (right down to the "evil corporate drone" character giving a surprised reaction to the absurdity of the monster killing him) , and they did it without using any licensed characters, just using their own knock-offs.