duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I thought IOI were the police half the movie
I knew they weren't. It just..hmm

If you're going to set up a future where the corporations are the law and order you're going to have to properly introduce that and explain how it came to be that way. I know they're damn near at end game capitalism in the movie, but they're not at the point where they can just take the kids out as they were still trying to hide what they were doing. That hinted to me there was still a government separate from the corporations. I feel also if the corporations were the cops they would have included something about that in the trailers and what not. I dunno tho

Spielberg just did a poor job developing that part of the world.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm saying though. Like I'm seeing countless "Juelz'ing" about how the movie is trash because "pop references", when in reality the whole concept of the movie was it being just that:ld:.
The whole concept of the movie was not that. The concept of the movie was a challenge within a worldwide VR playfield. All the pop culture characters was just a nostalgia distraction from the fact the story itself was shyt and had no plausible structure to it.

Think about the end part:
IOI is using hundreds of guys to win the third challenge but still hadn't gotten any of the first two keys that were also necessary to win the prize. So despite the movie's hardest attempts to put something on the line, there never was.

They did zero effort to create any internal rules, let alone follow the few rules that actually were there, and there is no way I will give them a pass for that just because Spawn, Master Chief, Chun-Li and Batman are all together in the movie.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Aside from a couple, the references werent even in your face. They were just part of a scene. You got people losing their shyt in here:pachaha:

Spielberg is officially washed. nikka perverted everything about the book. Only thing that was the same were the characters and the premise.
The author cowrote the movie:skip:
The whole concept of the movie was not that. The concept of the movie was a challenge within a worldwide VR playfield. All the pop culture characters was just a nostalgia distraction from the fact the story itself was shyt and had no plausible structure to it.

Think about the end part:
IOI is using hundreds of guys to win the third challenge but still hadn't gotten any of the first two keys that were also necessary to win the prize. So despite the movie's hardest attempts to put something on the line, there never was.

They did zero effort to create any internal rules, let alone follow the few rules that actually were there, and there is no way I will give them a pass for that just because Spawn, Master Chief, Chun-Li and Batman are all together in the movie.
We saw iOi doing The Shining challenge, which was second, so it's clearly implied they had their own keys. And if all else failed, they would just zero out the other characters. Come on breh:why:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
To answer a few questions that Wade gave through exposition - there are no rules in the Oasis. Your entire life can exist there - work, school and play - cause you only need to leave for eating, sleeping and bathroom breaks. There were no rules for the game either.

The IOI aren't the law, just a corporation that wants to take control of the Oasis. Since what you do in Oasis affects the real world, they can control the world.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The author cowrote the movie:skip:

Well fukk him too for fukking with his own story :pachaha:

Wouldnt be surprised if it was just a writers credit or cuz was just happy to see his book getting made by Spielberg and just mailed it in and did whatever eas asked of him.:beli:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
As someone who read the book, it really took a lot of the heart out of it for me. Like the background story for Aech is really well done in the book. I thought they should have alluded to that just a little. Also too happy of an ending with no major stakes or losses. It was okay. Great spectacle and visually pleasing but just didn't do much for me. The race was amazing though especially because I love games like burnout and split second.