Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Agreed with everyone so far that the race scene in IMAX was :whoo::whew: And that second challenge when they went in The Shining :damn:

This was fun and I was entertained throughout so I'd give it a 7.5/10 - Scores probably a little biased since I'm an 80's kid though :manny:

I didn't like that forced fake love story they had with Artemis and Parzival. And the government/cops really letting IOI go around dragging people off to concentration camps and letting a private company use their drones out in the public like that

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This movie was good. It really is a loose adaptation of the book, because there's so many changes that it is completely different...and for the better. The book was pretty "meeehhhh", other than the pop culture references.

And the Oasis actually looked beautiful. I highly recommend.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This movie was good. It really is a loose adaptation of the book, because there's so many changes that it is completely different...and for the better. The book was pretty "meeehhhh", other than the pop culture references.

And the Oasis actually looked beautiful. I highly recommend.
:ehh: I’ll probably see it in a few weeks but this perks my interest since the book was cheeks

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
After this film I REALLY felt assed out for being one of the only cats in their mid 30's who've Never watched The Shining. That said, I still enjoyed that scene.

Honestly I was entertained the whole way through. Watching this movie in IMAX 3D really provides an "edge of your seat" experience. It's worth the money. I wonder how it would feel to go see this shyt in a D-Box settting.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Had so much fun with this movie

You have to be a miserable weirdo to hate on this movie

I'm saying though. Like I'm seeing countless "Juelz'ing" about how the movie is trash because "pop references", when in reality the whole concept of the movie was it being just that:ld:. It's Playstation Home the movie. Nothing more or less which is why I enjoyed it. It felt like a ole to 80s flicks from the cheesy dialog to the in your face scenes that had me like:krs:. The fact that the movie felt like a cycle from new technology to the basics really spoke volumes of the entire flick. Even the forced love interest story which I despise in cinema didn't really fade me. Bottom line 10/10:wow:. IDGAF, This movie is art period:banderas:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Spielberg is officially washed. nikka perverted everything about the book. Only thing that was the same were the characters and the premise.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Agreed with everyone so far that the race scene in IMAX was :whoo::whew: And that second challenge when they went in The Shining :damn:

This was fun and I was entertained throughout so I'd give it a 7.5/10 - Scores probably a little biased since I'm an 80's kid though :manny:

I didn't like that forced fake love story they had with Artemis and Parzival. And the government/cops really letting IOI go around dragging people off to concentration camps and letting a private company use their drones out in the public like that
Seriously, breh. The IOI is going around just doing all kinds of insidious shyt and the only time police are shown is at the VERY end?

And after all that the mad dude is really gonna just not shoot kid in the head because....uh the kid is emotional? He understands all of a sudden? Just such a fukkjng 80s movie ending.

And you're telling me in future bummy Columbus, he's the only dude with a gun in that whole crowd? Has Spielberg never been to Ohio? You're telling me they know this dude ordered a whole stack blown up and their friends and family members murdered and they're not tearing him apart like the hyenas did Scar in Lion King? That is fukking stupid.

And the live story was so sudden and random. All of a sudden, after barely even talking to each other in that world, they just love each other. And ALLLLLL of the 5 just so happen to live in or around Columbus, Ohio?

And everyone is just running in the street disrupting traffic flailing around playing their VR shyt like that wouldn't cause millions of deaths around the world? Like, dude did a shyt job establishing the world and the rule for the VR there. Just...a rushed story. Ton of dumb shyt. I mean visually it was impressive and it was a fun movie, but holy shyt I don't see how anyone can call it "amazing" with the plethora of dumb shyt it had going on

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
Seriously, breh. The IOI is going around just doing all kinds of insidious shyt and the only time police are shown is at the VERY end?

And after all that the mad dude is really gonna just not shoot kid in the head because....uh the kid is emotional? He understands all of a sudden? Just such a fukkjng 80s movie ending.

And you're telling me in future bummy Columbus, he's the only dude with a gun in that whole crowd? Has Spielberg never been to Ohio? You're telling me they know this dude ordered a whole stack blown up and their friends and family members murdered and they're not tearing him apart like the hyenas did Scar in Lion King? That is fukking stupid.

And the live story was so sudden and random. All of a sudden, after barely even talking to each other in that world, they just love each other. And ALLLLLL of the 5 just so happen to live in or around Columbus, Ohio?

And everyone is just running in the street disrupting traffic flailing around playing their VR shyt like that wouldn't cause millions of deaths around the world? Like, dude did a shyt job establishing the world and the rule for the VR there. Just...a rushed story. Ton of dumb shyt. I mean visually it was impressive and it was a fun movie, but holy shyt I don't see how anyone can call it "amazing" with the plethora of dumb shyt it had going on

I thought IOI were the police half the movie