Steve Kerr explained how Michael Jordan scared all his teammates into being better basketball player

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It helps explain the youtube success of business characters like Gary Vee, who when sitting across more laid back types like Seth Godin end up showing how vapid they are
I feel like Gary Vee is able to identify good business opportunities himself, but he does a pretty piss poor job of conveying it any useful way (which is basically a restatement of what you said). I heard most of his sit down with Bosh, I feel like theres not a single new thing he brought to the table and that shyts like an hour and a half

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You claimed that Kobe led his teammates by fear and intimidation. There wasn't shyt about that in the article.

Okay. Lets take this step by step since you seem to be the one struggling with comprehending the english language.

This is what you posted:

Ain't no baller of any consequence ever been scared of Kobe.

Then I posted this quote from Chris Broussard:

“Talking to former players over the years, the majority of them have picked Kobe over LeBron… Players didn’t want to go against Kobe because they feared him. LeBron, they have great respect, but it’s not the feeling he’s going to go out there to crush you.”

This isn't that complicated. You claimed no NBA player of any consequence ever feared Kobe. I gave you a direct quote from the biggest Bron stan in the media saying he's spoken to many players over the years and they told him that they FEARED Kobe.

No paragraphs of nonsense gonna save you from this one. Its very straightforward.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Okay. Lets take this step by step since you seem to be the one struggling with comprehending the english language.

This is what you posted:

Then I posted this quote from Chris Broussard:

“Talking to former players over the years, the majority of them have picked Kobe over LeBron… Players didn’t want to go against Kobe because they feared him. LeBron, they have great respect, but it’s not the feeling he’s going to go out there to crush you.”

This isn't that complicated. You claimed no NBA player of any consequence ever feared Kobe. I gave you a direct quote from the biggest Bron stan in the media saying he's spoken to many players over the years and they told him that they FEARED Kobe.

No paragraphs of nonsense gonna save you from this one. Its very straightforward.

You're a bore and a liar, troll. Here are the actual quotes:

Jordan and Kobe led the same way. Through fear and intimidation they brought out the best in their teammates.

Definitely the 2 greatest athletes in the history of sports.
Way to shoehorn your bae into the conversation. Ain't no baller of any consequence ever been scared of Kobe.

You were talking about TEAMMATES being actually SCARED of him, not no opponents "afraid Kobe would make shots". :mjlol:

More typical bullshytting from someone who claims that Black folk can't understand math and think the Earth is flat. :scust:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You were talking about TEAMMATES being actually SCARED of him

True. And then you steered the debate by claiming "no baller of any consequence ever been scared of Kobe". You didn't say "no teammate" and you didn't say "scared Kobe would physically attack them". You said no baller. And you only said scared. I responded to that with a very clear quote showing that many PLAYERS feared playing against Kobe.

Now if you are ready to concede that there are "ballers of consequence" who were in fact "scared" of Kobe then I can move on to the issue of physical intimidation and Kobe's teammates and destroy you on that front as well.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pip had a fukked up back that last title run and MJ put the squad on his back all through the season and playoffs?

You know what's funny tho, if the Raps do decent without Kawhi I bet those same talking points won't be used against him :sas1:
the bulls were way more than decent, the east was much better than now and the raps arent gonna be shyt w/o kawhi

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
True. And then you steered the debate by claiming "no baller of any consequence ever been scared of Kobe". You didn't say "no teammate" and you didn't say "scared Kobe would physically attack them". You said no baller. And you only said scared. I responded to that with a very clear quote showing that many PLAYERS feared playing against Kobe.

Now if you are ready to concede that there are "ballers of consequence" who were in fact "scared" of Kobe then I can move on to the issue of physical intimidation and Kobe's teammates and destroy you on that front as well.
If you too dumb to understand a statement was made in the context of the quote it was directly responding to, then you're probably too dumb to understand that the Earth isn't flat, Black folk can do basketball math, and underage girls shouldn't be lusted over on a public forum.

Oh, wait, remind me why you got bushed again... :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you too dumb to understand a statement was made in the context of the quote it was directly responding to

No. I understood the context just fine. I just know you and your style. You like to diminish the legend of Kobe any chance you get. I'm sure you understood how you worded that post and the wide latitude your comment took up. You clearly wanted most readers to think no NBA players feared Kobe in any context. I merely corrected you on that regard.

FTR if you wanna debate me on the flat earth or the racist intent of using analytics in sports, there are posts in those relevant threads where I responded to you and you ran away. So rather than trying to shift the topic here because you're being schooled, please try to stay on topic.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
In general people like the vigor and gusto type of personality vs. the laid back personality when it comes to leadership. Look at how Lombardi is seen and admired, in comparison to how say John Wooden is seen. Wooden has a great deal of respect no doubt, but I consistently see Lombardi being quoted and name dropped in in situations that are ill fitting.

It helps explain the youtube success of business characters like Gary Vee, who when sitting across more laid back types like Seth Godin end up showing how vapid they are.
I was actually just listening to a podcast talking about this, and how in other careers we accept people of wildly different approaches to their craft, while in sports and especially basketball, everyone acts like if you're not an MJ type psycho then you're doing it wrong.

People gloss over the fact that MJ struggled for years to be the actual leader and had to learn to be more calculating in his a$$hole tendencies, which he himself would tell you.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The point of the article? You claimed that Kobe led his teammates by fear and intimidation. There wasn't shyt about that in the article. Article was about Kobe scoring, didn't have shyt about leadership or about grown men actually "fearing" Kobe in the way you were trying to play.

But I guess a flat-earther who can't do basic math can also claim to struggle with English.
Phil even said Kobe didn't really become worthy as a leader until around 08. He had MJs worth ethic and personality but was too much of a moody introvert weirdo and acted pike a crybaby at times.

My favorite quote was that the difference between Kobe and then MJ/Shaq is if Phil asked MJ/Shaq to do something they'd complain but do it...but when he asked Kobe, he'd say he would do it and then ignore him completely :lolbron: