Steve Kerr explained how Michael Jordan scared all his teammates into being better basketball player

Daps
Great leader, but a calculating dude as well.

We all know MJ wouldn't have been swinging on Kerr if he was built like Oakley or some shyt. Bill Cartwright was like "if you tell people not to pass me the ball...I"ll make sure you never play again." Jordan had beef with Bill but he damn sure wasn't swinging on him either :russ::mjtf:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
goat-farm-e1440536800200-1200x768.jpg

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
This quote actually makes me appreciate Duncan even more. Shows that you don't need to be a maniacal a$$hole as a leader to be a winner. He was basically "one of the guys" (which is frowned upon by most).

Salute to Duncan :salute:

In general people like the vigor and gusto type of personality vs. the laid back personality when it comes to leadership. Look at how Lombardi is seen and admired, in comparison to how say John Wooden is seen. Wooden has a great deal of respect no doubt, but I consistently see Lombardi being quoted and name dropped in in situations that are ill fitting.

It helps explain the youtube success of business characters like Gary Vee, who when sitting across more laid back types like Seth Godin end up showing how vapid they are.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that article was trash, "Mr. Regular Season" wasn't no Bron nickname, he straight made that shyt up. :dead:

Look at this misdirection.

I didn't even read that part because that wasn't the point of the article. The article was about NBA reporter and huge LeBron stan Chris Broussard saying that over the years he's spoken to many NBA players and most of them say they pick Kobe over LeBron because they feared Kobe while they did not fear LeBron.

Why would the #1 LeBron stan in the media say something like that unless it was true?

Just shut the fukk up and take this L. You're better just making analytic nerd arguments. You should have know that trying to claim Kobe's peers don't fear him was a losing proposition.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
THIS is what making your teammates better is.

Not assist numbers or kicking it to a wide open shooter

I said the same thing before. When your teammates are scared of you they play better because they are more conscious of making mistakes than if they think you are their best friend.

Its why I never liked LeBron's buddy buddy leadership style.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This quote actually makes me appreciate Duncan even more. Shows that you don't need to be a maniacal a$$hole as a leader to be a winner. He was basically "one of the guys" (which is frowned upon by most).

Salute to Duncan :salute:

BECAUSE DUNCAN WAS ONE OF THE GUYS
AND POP WAS THE LEADER
BARKING ON THOSE DUDES LIKE JORDAN.

:devil:
:evil:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
what type of grown man is walking around scared¿

maybe kerr felt that way

but ain't nothing to be scared of with 99.9% of them nikkas be real ha

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
BECAUSE DUNCAN WAS ONE OF THE GUYS
AND POP WAS THE LEADER
BARKING ON THOSE DUDES LIKE JORDAN.

:devil:
:evil:

Duncan was looked at as a leader amongst players. shyt, there's a reason why players looked towards Duncan for advice on how to be a leader

Blake Griffin Asked Tim Duncan How to Become a Leader and Winner

Go to 1:48. Looks like a leader to me :manny:
Also, you're comparing a coach to a player :dahell:

You're basically saying Duncan wasn't a real leader because he didn't look at himself as superior to the rest of the players, which proves my original point about the narrative being pushed that you have to be a maniacal a$$hole to be a real leader and therefore win. Which is why ya'll love and praise the totalitarian ways of Jordan and Kobe and act like that's the only way you can be to win as a leader

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Look at this misdirection.

I didn't even read that part because that wasn't the point of the article.
The point of the article? You claimed that Kobe led his teammates by fear and intimidation. There wasn't shyt about that in the article. Article was about Kobe scoring, didn't have shyt about leadership or about grown men actually "fearing" Kobe in the way you were trying to play.

But I guess a flat-earther who can't do basic math can also claim to struggle with English.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
enough with this deification :hhh:

opponents were mentally defeated before they walked on the floor :mjlol: