Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Pinhead and the Queen xenomorph from Aliens :sadcam::damn:

I was legit scared to answer the phone because I thought a tongue would pop out the receiver thanks to Nightmare on Elm Street.

Slept on the couch for a year after watching Aliens because I thought I would get snatched up like the Colonists....

Didn't want to play with any boxes after Hellraiser

IS08

Pro
Daps
what was your favourite scene brahs? SO many dope scenes

opening scene with georgie getting his arm ripped off

young mohammed alis vision of the burning bodies

that red head punk getting destroyed in the sewers

the bathroom blood bath

georgie basement scene

dude getting possessed and killing his dad with the blade

the garage scene when IT turns up on the projection screen

that demon bish eating the kids face

the floating dead bodies had me like whoa

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Most of the people who went to see this never read the book, including myself.
This movie is off pure hype from the people who seen the original. It's shocking to hear when people say they never seen the original so they wanted to see what it was all about.
I don't think that's necessarily true. A lot of people in their late 30s + definitely read the book. Yes much of the box office people who have seen the original miniseries or vaguely remember it(I was 5) , but I'd say the marketing and the fact that there had been no big movies worth seeing all August lead to a perfect storm. The under 25 crowd never saw the mini series.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
As :old: as I am, I dont recall seeing the original movie or reading the book.

We headed to see this on Saturday. Should I read/view any of the original work beforehand or just go in with an openmind?.

:lupe:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I bushed everything you said when you said The original IT movie felt more menacing

No WAY was the original more scarier than this.., and i rewatched it the day after and at least a year before...

It's your opinion but gotdamn:hhh:

You got to be damn near 60 to feel that way about the OG movie... Which was basically a PBS special.

The original movie made people scared of clowns... This movie made people just scared of the craziness that IT was doing to the kids.

cult classics are culture classics... shyt that effect the culture of the genre. IT is definitely that main horror movie of the genre in recent memories. Whether it was popular or not, this shyt was crazy good

I think the original is more creepy. I watch it all of the time. There's like 0 comedy in the OG. The few lighthearted moments that they have, are instantly turned somber. There was never a sense that the kids got to enjoy life, and they carried into adulthood. These kids have their moments of fun. The town/residents of Derry are also given more life, even through the kids just interacting with them. The mini also moves at a slower pace, with mostly dialog which adds to the mood of Derry, while this is clearly made to be a movie.

I disagree with those that say Tim Curry was overacting. He acted as a clown, a clown with some effed up tendencies. This Pennywise acted as a creature tryna mimic a clown. IMO, that's the difference in the 2 performances.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I don't think that's necessarily true. A lot of people in their late 30s + definitely read the book. Yes much of the box office people who have seen the original miniseries or vaguely remember it(I was 5) , but I'd say the marketing and the fact that there had been no big movies worth seeing all August lead to a perfect storm. The under 25 crowd never saw the mini series.

Damn I'm under 25 and everyone and they momma under 25 seen the mini series.

You must mean like them freshmen in high school who never heard a outkast album hut listen to a boogie n Lil Uzi all day.

Are u sure a lot of people read the book tho? A lot of people don't read. But I guess it was a different time and from what I've learned it was highly praised when the book came out

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Damn I'm under 25 and everyone and they momma under 25 seen the mini series.

You must mean like them freshmen in high school who never heard a outkast album hut listen to a boogie n Lil Uzi all day.

Are u sure a lot of people read the book tho? A lot of people don't read. But I guess it was a different time and from what I've learned it was highly praised when the book came out
I listen to a shyt ton of podcasts and most podcasts are done by Gen Xers and they all seem to have read it. Even a few millenials had too.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
what was your favourite scene brahs? SO many dope scenes

opening scene with georgie getting his arm ripped off

young mohammed alis vision of the burning bodies

that red head punk getting destroyed in the sewers

the bathroom blood bath

georgie basement scene

dude getting possessed and killing his dad with the blade

the garage scene when IT turns up on the projection screen

that demon bish eating the kids face

the floating dead bodies had me like whoa

That one long scene where
Bill, Eddie, and Richie all go into the abandoned house for the first time. So much suspense and terror, the kids being separated and attacked by images of their deepest fears (the coffin sequence with Richie was especially dope) and that first showcase of teamwork when the rest of the club showed up to fight Pennywise off and escape. :banderas: