Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Horror hit 'It' to get a director's cut (exclusive)

Tracked down the last copy a local BN had of the book earlier

51xPIEYPWWL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Daps
There's still part 2 :mjgrin:

Who am I kidding Muschetti ain't leaving :francis:
Oh and don't get me wrong, I still really liked the film, despite not particularly liking the horror/Pennywise scenes of it. I just think it needed more fleshing out. The acting, dialogue, and subtext (for the most part) were top notch. Infinitely better than the TV adaption.

:manny:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Going to see it again Sunday. :ahh:

Fred.
Bout to have my fifth viewing when I get back :ohlawd:

Oh and don't get me wrong, I still really liked the film, despite not particularly liking the horror/Pennywise scenes of it. I just think it needed more fleshing out. The acting, dialogue, and subtext (for the most part) were top notch. Infinitely better than the TV adaption.

:manny:
I wish Fukunaga ditched True Detective only to direct an HBO series of IT. They wouldn't have to worry about condensing things then.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Doesnt richie spout out racial slurs on the regular in the book?

One of his voices he pretends to be black...real stereotypical. He does the same with a Irish voice and a Mexican voice. Don't remember him throwing actual racial slurs out there to the extent Henry Bowers or Pennywise did though.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol nah breh. No one caught that cause it didnt happen.

It just says Lover on his cast. Its just kind of a hipstery way to make the best of someone writing loser on there, and yeah that shot was likely a subtle reference to the events of the book, like the I <3 Derry on the sewer balloon, but that's it. There's nothing indicating or suggesting that anything sexual went down in the sewer after they defeated it.

Hell even the 90s version suggested it more than this one did, as she flirts w and shows affection to all of them at some point. This it was pretty much only Bill and Ben she had any kind of flirty interaction with.
Right. And we first see his cast when Bill calls Eddie about Bev being taken.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just can't do the whole ebook/kindle thing. I've gone digital on music and am slowly going more digital for movies, but I just can't do it for books. I need to hold em, and smell em and put em on my shelf :ahh:
as a person who is team #noclutter, kindle changed my life :wow:. i love the smell of a books/the bookstore too, but having multiple books with me at one time all on a 1/2 pound device :ohlawd:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I listen to a shyt ton of podcasts and most podcasts are done by Gen Xers and they all seem to have read it. Even a few millenials had too.
the people who do podcasts are definitely the ones to have read the book, those are the types who are more invested. i can speak for most people in my circle, we never read the book, but that miniseries is a staple