Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I know Get Out is objectively a better movie but I had more fun with this. It was right in my wheelhouse and I had a grin the whole time
I wouldn't even agree with the first statement. Get Out might work better as a genre movie but as I said before, It's strength is that it surpasses the "limitations" of its genre. It's bigger than just a "horror movie" and that is something you don't see a lot anymore.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
yall really hypin this shyt. i guess imma peep. can they really surpass da gawd curry tho :wow:

You mean the same performance that scarred an entire generation of kids who grew up and watched it? :stopitslime:
remember my cousin gettin pissed off at my for coming in and out the house when they had it on. was too scary for a young wire :wow:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
i think you're in the minority, IT was considered one of the scariest movies amongst my lil elementary crew, i mean when we got to high school cats still dropped that as top 3 :merchant: movies.
Only the same 2 people really disagreeing so far not really much of a minority.. Im just the only one saying it.

If this wasn't scary/entertaining then Tim Curry's DEFINITELY wasn't.
I'm not offended, it's just your opinion and your opinion is in the minority. All of my elementary and middle school group of friends were shook of pennywise. Maybe you were older compared to everyone else when we saw the miniseries. Those were all better movies but his performance alone is classic and was the only reason the movie wasn't complete and utter garbage and its a classic horror performance.

Exactly. My whole crew was shook off pennywise.
I wasn't older... In fact, I'm sure I was younger than most of you when I saw it

It wasn't scary... Especially if you feel like this wasn't a scary flick. I agree, Tim Currys performance saved it but he overacted and definitely wasn't terrifying. I remember actually being scared of Aliens, Freddie, Chucky, The Thing, Poltergeist, etc.

IT was a cult classic but not on par with anything above.

And considering Alien came out years before this, the CGI was definitely trash.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Only the same 2 people really disagreeing so far not really much of a minority.. Im just the only one saying it.

If this wasn't scary/entertaining then Tim Curry's DEFINITELY wasn't.

I wasn't older... In fact, I'm sure I was younger than most of you when I saw it

It wasn't scary... Especially if you feel like this wasn't a scary flick. I agree, Tim Currys performance saved it but he overacted and definitely wasn't terrifying. I remember actually being scared of Aliens, Freddie, Chucky, The Thing, Poltergeist, etc.

IT was a cult classic but not on par with anything above.

And considering Alien came out years before this, the CGI was definitely trash.
:swaggywhat: there are more than two posters who have said how shook the OG IT had them as kids. as far as "if this wasn't scary" not sure what that means when it's judging a scary movie people saw at 5-12yrs old vs us discussing this new version where i'm assuming all of us are 21 and up and wouldn't be scared...

but i'll let yall keep arguing about whatever the hell yall are arguing

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:swaggywhat: there are more than two posters who have said how shook the OG IT had them as kids. as far as "if this wasn't scary" not sure what that means when it's judging a scary movie people saw at 5-12yrs old vs us discussing this new version where i'm assuming all of us are 21 and up and wouldn't be scared...

but i'll let yall keep arguing about whatever the hell yall are arguing
Only 2 people keep quoting me about it and you're one of them.. Im not arguing, im not trying to change anyone's mind.

And other than that I haven't seen anyone who was shook of the OG and not looking. I watched the OG movie when I was younger and all I remember was that this nikka was actually a giant spider.

I watched the OG last night and fell asleep twice. It wasn't good now or scary back then especially compared to this. Im not arguing with anyone because its my opinion.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Only 2 people keep quoting me about it and you're one of them.. Im not arguing, im not trying to change anyone's mind.

And other than that I haven't seen anyone who was shook of this and not looking. I watched the OG movie when I was younger and all I remember was that this nikka was actually a giant spider.

I watched the OG last night and fell asleep twice. It wasn't good now or scary back then especially compared to this. Im not arguing with anyone because its my opinion.
that's all i said you're in the minority about, most people felt IT was scary as a kid. a no where did i say the OG was scarier or better than the 2017 version....but whatever

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
It is

That was more to the people trying to shyt on this one because "it wasn't like the first" when the first one was clearly worse...

But first was a classic for its time. It was never scary to me though, even as a kid. And now that I'm older, it was kinda terrible.

The acting was like some shyt you saw in a old ass commercial in the 50's. shyt wasn't funny, CGI was straight up shyt, and tbh Tim Curry overacted the fukk out of Pennywise

Chill man both are classics and curry killed his part. Scared the fukk outta me.

This new version might be better but I feel like u slandering even if you don't think you are.

Like someone said to me these two versions is like jack Nicholson joker to heath ledger joker.. But great in their own ways but we all prefer one over the other.

I don't know which one I prefer more yet as it or even the movie.

I have to give the first one a few more spins.

I just the new it a classic.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't even agree with the first statement. Get Out might work better as a genre movie but as I said before, It's strength is that it surpasses the "limitations" of its genre. It's bigger than just a "horror movie" and that is something you don't see a lot anymore.
So which one do you like more? :jbhmm:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Trying to cop the book but it's sold out everywhere. Amazon says 1-2 months, Bn is sold out even though my local stores said they had it in stock.