Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:picard:shyt had me jumping at least a handful of times. Even when Henry cut lil man with the knife. I didn't think they was gonna go there.

Nothing in the movie made me jump but I did yell out "OH shyt" when Bev stabbed Pennywise in the head. That caught me way off guard.

Side note, I been browsing the thread but avoiding spoilers prior to today, to gauge how the movie was received. I don't remember who said they was trying to be like "South Park" with the kids....shyt made me
ydibMWe.png
because I was talking like this with kids when I was in grade school. Kids are wild as fukk, generally speaking.

Fred.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Wasnt feeling this like I hoped I would.

Should have seen it after Annabelle.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
In the original, I believe she marries someone who is emotionally and verbally, sexually abusive.

The pacing and tone, and character development is so off in this movie, as well as the actual horror, I am still surprised people, esp. serious horror fans in here liked this like that. The directing was so mundane and conventional, when you think of the other possibilities, it's just frustrating. This is basically a better written (thank King) well cast, and expensively budgeted, version of the C- list horror movies Blumhouse drags out every year.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just saw it and it was cool but one thing really irked me and I can't get over it. Why did they take away Mike's contribution to the group? In the original movie and book he was the one who tied all that shyt together and was the historian of the group. He was the one who kept up with the history of Derry and they just gave all of that shyt away to Ben. Mike was reduced to a punching bag that needed saving. There was no need to change his character like that.That didn't sit well with me at all and truth be told it took me out of the movie. I hated how every time Pennywise was on screen they pulled the jump scare loud music shyt . He needed way more lines but overall it was just okay to me. Kind of a let down.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it and it was cool but one thing really irked me and I can't get over it. Why did they take Mike's contribution to the group away? In the original movie and book he was the one who tied all that shyt together and was the historian of the group. He was the one who kept up with the history of Derry and they just gave all of that shyt away to Ben. Mike was reduced to a punching bag that needed saving. There was no need to change his character like that That didn't sit well with me at all and truth be told it took me out of the movie. I hated how every time Pennywise was on screen they pulled the jump scare loud music shyt . He needed way more lines but overall it was just okay to me. Kind of a let down.

I have read they moved Mike's arc (as far as him researching Pennywise) to the second movie.

Not sure why they split his contribution between two characters though. Maybe to give Ben some character development.

Side note, something I was worried about was losing this great cast for Chapter 2 since they're obviously adults, but apparently they'll be using the kids again in flash backs. So that's good.

Fred.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I think @shopthatwrecks is saying that the generation of kids that had to deal with It 27 years before the Loser's Club didn't try to fight, and just chalked up all the death and missing bodies in Derry as part of the life there.

I think part of the answer is that

More of this is likely to be explained in the next one, but It/Pennywise has been terrorizing Derry for so long, that It has also sort of put a spell over the people there. We already saw that It can influence people to do things, like it did with Henry (the bully) and so the book heavily implies or even outright says that It has power of Derry and the people there. In fact, news about missing people and deaths in Derry don't even really get outside of the city onto national newspapers and TV stations. The book implies that Derry is sort of like a bubble that's separated from the rest of the country. You can leave and come back, but when you're inside, there's sort of a spell that's been cast over the place.
exactly remember how the adults were on nightmare on Elm streetThe kids came to the parents and apparently The parents knew the truth

Hell Nancy went to her dad n he didn't open up his mouth until the movie was over

Yet didn't explain it to the kids until it was too late

Eddie mom knew that's why she was over protective n had him trippin as well

The old lady knew exactly what happen to Georgie n red heads dad seen the mess in the bathroom

It has been fukkin up nikkas family tree for ages.. just crazy this new generation was tired of the hoe shyt

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
A couple of folks in there brought kids from 2 to 5 and Im like :francis:
This movie ain't shyt compared to the movies a lot of the 80s babies saw

Murphy getting his ass lit up in robocop shyts on anything in this movie

Poltergeist

Nightmare series

Again it being on regular tv like it wasn't shyt

Children of the corn

In a sense this movie good for kids

Lesson is quit being scary the very thing u are scared will haunt u

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I personally wouldn't

Not so close anyway despite certain things being really different in this one compared to the original movies (people forget it was broken up into 2 series)

If you don't want to know the ending then I wouldn't watch the originals first. Go see the movie theater one, then watch the other or read the book. This one in theaters seems closer to the book but the book is definitely more in depth than both
Reading the book would instantly turn it off for him a lot the book isn't in this movie

The mummy werewolf the orgy etc

It's kinda how the newest nightmare on elm st compared the old one

The new was better to me because it shed more light on Freddy

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Reading the book would instantly turn it off for him a lot the book isn't in this movie

The mummy werewolf the orgy etc

It's kinda how the newest nightmare on elm st compared the old one

The new was better to me because it shed more light on Freddy
:wtf:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
Should I take a 10 year old to see this ?

:lupe:

I know its monday (avoided this thread because IT was impossible for me to see until today) and youve already made your decision probably but breh...i dont know how old you are but the shyt I was watching at 10 was wilder than this.

GREAT fukking movie tho...not too often you see something deviate from its source material so much and end up coming out this good. I have my gripes but it doesnt stop this being a solid 8 or 8.5 out of 10 (and thats only because of its length...id LOVE to see the directors cut of this jawn)