Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't say this was hardcore. I said my hardcore horror fans.
I said this was a cult classic though.
And im a hardcore horror fan. I like most horror films but true horror... SAW movies weren't shyt to me... Just blood here and blood there. Same with Final destination movies

But I liked movies that had elements of surprise where there was shyt that I didn't expect. Even in this movie, I expected shyt that did happen but I didn't expect what happened after. It followed up on its horror with more creepy/horror shyt. It was very dope

I keep bringing up the painting scene because even though I expected it, I didn't expect the way they executed it. It was legit scary af to the point where after the scene I was like

tenor.gif

This is one of those films that played the game with "horror fanatics". It wasn't scary but you spent a lot of the movie like...

"you almost got me :umad:"

I spent most of the movie feeling like
200.gif

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Great cast of young actors too. This is one of those movies that is going to help build a career for a lot of young actors in the future.

Kinda what "Stranger Things" is going to do as well. The kid that played Ritchie is going to get a shytload of offers after this movie.

Despite not being the entire focus, he was by far the funniest person and the source of relief for most of the movie.

But every kid played a huge part... I liked the black kid the most because he seemed the "toughest" out of all the characters (fukk, he was the only one that brought the strap... fukk a slingshot). He was legit the only real killer for the group of the movie.. Literally

But even lil Georgie... He played a CREEPY ass part of the movie and did it well

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great cast of young actors too. This is one of those movies that is going to help build a career for a lot of young actors in the future.

Kinda what "Stranger Things" is going to do as well. The kid that played Ritchie is going to get a shytload of offers after this movie.

Despite not being the entire focus, he was by far the funniest person and the source of relief for most of the movie.

But every kid played a huge part... I liked the black kid the most because he seemed the "toughest" out of all the characters (fukk, he was the only one that brought the strap... fukk a slingshot). He was legit the only real killer for the group of the movie.. Literally

But even lil Georgie... He played a CREEPY ass part of the movie and did it well

Ritchie is Mike from Stranger Things, so it worked

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I enjoyed the movie but I got irritated with all of Pennywise's pump-faking with the killings.

There was no sense of real danger for the main characters.

That bytch in the painting had me creeped the fukk out:huhldup:

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
And im a hardcore horror fan. I like most horror films but true horror... SAW movies weren't shyt to me... Just blood here and blood there. Same with Final destination movies

But I liked movies that had elements of surprise where there was shyt that I didn't expect. Even in this movie, I expected shyt that did happen but I didn't expect what happened after. It followed up on its horror with more creepy/horror shyt. It was very dope

I keep bringing up the painting scene because even though I expected it, I didn't expect the way they executed it. It was legit scary af to the point where after the scene I was like

tenor.gif

This is one of those films that played the game with "horror fanatics". It wasn't scary but you spent a lot of the movie like...

"you almost got me :umad:"

I spent most of the movie feeling like
200.gif
See from both posts you made I totally agree. The movie was a great mix of everything that made it an entertaining movie with a outstanding cast they we might one day look back at in a decade and be like this is where most of their careers started to take off.

And as a hardcore horror fan myself. I just knew others would relate and consider this a classic in the genre. If there wasn't so much cussing this is the type of movie that would be played on AMC every October.

Honestly I feel like part 2 won't be just as good or it will be a lot darker since they are all adults if you mix in all the sins adults have. Part 1 was funny and it had that young innocent vibe mixed in with stranger things tactics and its what helps make this movie a classic. Feel like those same elements won't be able to be made across for part 2 and it shouldn't.

But who knows

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This movie is absolute ass cheeks. Remember, IT was originally an adult movie made to scare kids, not a kids movie made to scare adults. And that's exactly what wr have here. What was even the purpose of changing the time period to the 80s? It's the same exact fukking story. The child acting was abysmal, period. The IT actor wasn't all that memorable for me. The pacing was terrible. shyt, the pacing is what really turned me off. The original movie IT character felt more.menacing than this new one. This new one was just trolling the protagonists, whereas the original felt like a menace to the entire town, shyt almost like a ghost. Looking back on it, the original movie is iconic BC of Tim Curry's portrayal of IT and that's really it. Yes the story was good, but Tim Curry's was so horrifying in it that his acting defined that movie. None of these new actors did that for me. God this movie was terrible.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See from both posts you made I totally agree. The movie was a great mix of everything that made it an entertaining movie with a outstanding cast they we might one day look back at in a decade and be like this is where most of their careers started to take off.

And as a hardcore horror fan myself. I just knew others would relate and consider this a classic in the genre. If there wasn't so much cussing this is the type of movie that would be played on AMC every October.

Honestly I feel like part 2 won't be just as good or it will be a lot darker since they are all adults if you mix in all the sins adults have. Part 1 was funny and it had that young innocent vibe mixed in with stranger things tactics and its what helps make this movie a classic. Feel like those same elements won't be able to be made across for part 2 and it shouldn't.

But who knows

Yea the innonence of it all is what made it creepy scary because nothing is as scary as when u are a kid and especially with the adults kinda shrugging shyt off gave that greater sense of hopelessness fear like no help is coming. The garage scene was the dopest to me legit had the theater like wtf and i want to see it again just for that part alone

:russ:

Part 2 will be these fukked up traumatized adults all mopey and shyt

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I didn't say this was hardcore. I said my hardcore horror fans.
I said this was a cult classic though.
It cant be a cult classic because its immediately very popular and successful. Cult classics are lesser known or less successful films that later gain a dedicated, "cult-like" following.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
He does that to "season the meat"
and its the same in the novel and 90s version. He doesnt just immediately kill every kid he runs into. He fukks with them a lot and plays on their fears, kinda like Freddy. Kids' more susceptible nature is partially why he usually preys on primarily children.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This movie is absolute ass cheeks. Remember, IT was originally an adult movie made to scare kids, not a kids movie made to scare adults. And that's exactly what wr have here. What was even the purpose of changing the time period to the 80s? It's the same exact fukking story. The child acting was abysmal, period. The IT actor wasn't all that memorable for me. The pacing was terrible. shyt, the pacing is what really turned me off. The original movie IT character felt more.menacing than this new one. This new one was just trolling the protagonists, whereas the original felt like a menace to the entire town, shyt almost like a ghost. Looking back on it, the original movie is iconic BC of Tim Curry's portrayal of IT and that's really it. Yes the story was good, but Tim Curry's was so horrifying in it that his acting defined that movie. None of these new actors did that for me. God this movie was terrible.
I bushed everything you said when you said The original IT movie felt more menacing

No WAY was the original more scarier than this.., and i rewatched it the day after and at least a year before...

It's your opinion but gotdamn:hhh:

You got to be damn near 60 to feel that way about the OG movie... Which was basically a PBS special.

The original movie made people scared of clowns... This movie made people just scared of the craziness that IT was doing to the kids.
It cant be a cult classic because its immediately very popular and successful. Cult classics are lesser known or less successful films that later gain a dedicated, "cult-like" following.
cult classics are culture classics... shyt that effect the culture of the genre. IT is definitely that main horror movie of the genre in recent memories. Whether it was popular or not, this shyt was crazy good

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This movie ain't shyt compared to the movies a lot of the 80s babies saw

Murphy getting his ass lit up in robocop shyts on anything in this movie

Poltergeist

Nightmare series

Again it being on regular tv like it wasn't shyt

Children of the corn