Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Good.movie. very funny. As a movie I give it a 7, but as a horror I give this a 0. shyt was the opposite of scary.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just saw it...

Really good movie. I would say it was more entertaining than scary BUT it had it's creepy ass moments

the one scene with the painting and the flute

HTTP21lZGlhLmdpcGh5LmNvbS9tZWRpYS9RTzJrVG9yZEpWMUFzL2dpcGh5LmdpZgloglog.gif

Very good movie, most entertained i have been in the theater in a minute. I didn't even mind the loud talking, attention whores, and nikkas who decide to bring babies to the fukking movie theaters

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
this a fav of mine fam

haven't felt like this for a movie in foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

i get this feeling for tv shows all the time.

but movies just leave me eh.

but this movie man.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
IMO people really love Tim Curry's performance as Pennywise because of nostalgia, and granted it is very good. But I'm not for the hate of the new portrayal of Pennywise. Pennywise is a creature from another dimension, and I think the new portrayal portrayed it as such. Pennywise seemed more inhuman. It's speech patterns, the way it would zone out and trail off when really hungry. The way it seemed like it had to force its eyes to keep straight when taking the clown form. It really seemed like a being not of this world, and I liked that part of the performance.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think @shopthatwrecks is saying that the generation of kids that had to deal with It 27 years before the Loser's Club didn't try to fight, and just chalked up all the death and missing bodies in Derry as part of the life there.

I think part of the answer is that

More of this is likely to be explained in the next one, but It/Pennywise has been terrorizing Derry for so long, that It has also sort of put a spell over the people there. We already saw that It can influence people to do things, like it did with Henry (the bully) and so the book heavily implies or even outright says that It has power of Derry and the people there. In fact, news about missing people and deaths in Derry don't even really get outside of the city onto national newspapers and TV stations. The book implies that Derry is sort of like a bubble that's separated from the rest of the country. You can leave and come back, but when you're inside, there's sort of a spell that's been cast over the place.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Would seeing the original make this more enjoyable?

Yes, although seeing the original and reading the book would maximize it. After reading the book, you'd see how watered down the original is, and that' what make this version so good.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Would seeing the original make this more enjoyable?
I personally wouldn't

Not so close anyway despite certain things being really different in this one compared to the original movies (people forget it was broken up into 2 series)

If you don't want to know the ending then I wouldn't watch the originals first. Go see the movie theater one, then watch the other or read the book. This one in theaters seems closer to the book but the book is definitely more in depth than both

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think @shopthatwrecks is saying that the generation of kids that had to deal with It 27 years before the Loser's Club didn't try to fight, and just chalked up all the death and missing bodies in Derry as part of the life there.

I think part of the answer is that

More of this is likely to be explained in the next one, but It/Pennywise has been terrorizing Derry for so long, that It has also sort of put a spell over the people there. We already saw that It can influence people to do things, like it did with Henry (the bully) and so the book heavily implies or even outright says that It has power of Derry and the people there. In fact, news about missing people and deaths in Derry don't even really get outside of the city onto national newspapers and TV stations. The book implies that Derry is sort of like a bubble that's separated from the rest of the country. You can leave and come back, but when you're inside, there's sort of a spell that's been cast over the place.
and I think thats due to the Deadlights that were used in Derry by The Crimson King and by IT/Pennywise. I was reading up on Stephen King lore and basically Derry is like some sort of gateway to the Darktower or something, and that the Crimson King/Satan used the Deadlights (which is what IT is partly made of) to get to the tower from Derry once. IT uses the deadlights to sort of put the kids in a coma/trance which allows him to take control/paralyze and eat on them like a spider does his prey in a web. Thats what he did to Beverly when he made her float.. That was because of the deadlights. The lights also have magic properties and IT is the offspring of the Crimson King