Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Just peeped it. Loved it. I've seen the original and read most of the book and this definitely is up there with both of them.

Kid with the glasses had me rollin when
they were all in the garage looking at the projector when IT popped up in the photo and he was like "WHAT THE fukk IS THAT, WHAT THE fukk IS THAT" :mjlol::mjlol:............then IT came out on some gigantic shyt :whoo:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
saw this opening weekend and it was great. one of my favorite movies of the year so far for sure.

Richie/finn had some great one liners and i was surprised at how good the rest of the kids were. the opening scene was definitely one of my favorites of the movie but there were a few other suspenseful moments that had me on the edge of my seat like the first time the 3 boys went into the house, the first scene between bev and her dad was intense and Bill going into the flooded basement at night. my favorite scene was the slide projector in the garage:whew:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The scariest scene to me by far was the painting scene.

It was short but that shyt was a lil unexpected to me. I thought that scene was really good. Not gonna drop spoilers but when the flute was being played:banderas:

There were other good creepy scenes though. I think i only actually jumped once but it was very entertaining

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This movie is gonna continue to make bank, went and seen it at 11:30 this morning and the theater was 75% full. On a Monday morning. :gucci:

Anyway, the movie was flames. The only minor complaints I got is the CGI was spotty as hell in a couple scenes....the Painting Woman was ok, because it was supposed to look unworldly....but The Leper should've been practical effects. I think at one point it was practical effects because I seen pics of it.

The other minor complaint is, tonally the movie was all over the place. The scary stuff wasn't scary but that's not a mark against the movie....if you're an adult and and horror movies scare you :patrice::martin: but I grade horror movies by, are they interesting and/or creative? And there was some great scenes in this. The flip side is, it was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. So they nailed both aspects but it was kinda jarring in spots. Which is why a lot of people are saying this isn't horror. It definitely is....but the tone varies wildly from scene to scene.

Anyway, that's basically all I got to say negative about it. I'd go and see it again, if I have time. I liked it a lot. Oh and this > the OG miniseries and Tim Curry.

Fred.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:patrice:Was SPOILER]Bev's Dad tryna rape her in that scene?
apparently Bevs dad been raping her for awhile. It was kinda obvious...

When he touched her hair, she cut it

The fear she had

The lock on the door

And when they were fighting he was trying to get between her legs. Most of the older dudes were perverted towards Bev. The pharmacist was even flirting with her.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The scariest scene to me by far was the painting scene.

It was short but that shyt was a lil unexpected to me. I thought that scene was really good. Not gonna drop spoilers but when the flute was being played:banderas:

There were other good creepy scenes though. I think i only actually jumped once but it was very entertaining

That shyt was cool but the scene that made me :ohhh: was when Pennywise came out of the freezer/refrigerator or whatever that was. They briefly showed it in the trailer but the full scene was 100x better.

This is actually the rare movie where they showed a bunch in the trailer but due to them cutting short scenes they didn't show much, at all. The basement scene is a lot creepier in the movie, for example.

Fred.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
That shyt was cool but the scene that made me :ohhh: was when Pennywise came out of the freezer/refrigerator or whatever that was. They briefly showed it in the trailer but the full scene was 100x better.

This is actually the rare movie where they showed a bunch in the trailer but due to them cutting short scenes they didn't show much, at all. The basement scene is a lot creepier in the movie, for example.

Fred.
Nah that scene didn't do anything for me. It was more funny than scary

Pennywise was never scary imo... It was all the other shyt I didn't expect that kinda had me like :gladbron::obama:

I had to give it props on how they handled the trailer scenes then changed or expanded the scenes in the movie.

The opening scene was :obama:

Painting scene was:dame:

The Library scene was :gladbron:

The basement scene was definitely a pleasant surprise...

I think I honestly would've had more fun if there weren't so many people in the theater either goofily laughing, doing shyt for attention (one fakkit in the front kept getting out of his seat to scream at some young ratchet bytches), and kids crying/old people screaming at anything.

Definitely gonna go see it again, probably tomorrow.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah that scene didn't do anything for me. It was more funny than scary

Pennywise was never scary imo... It was all the other shyt I didn't expect that kinda had me like :gladbron::obama:

I had to give it props on how they handled the trailer scenes then changed or expanded the scenes in the movie.

The opening scene was :obama:

Painting scene was:dame:

The Library scene was :gladbron:

The basement scene was definitely a pleasant surprise...

I think I honestly would've had more fun if there weren't so many people in the theater either goofily laughing, doing shyt for attention (one fakkit in the front kept getting out of his seat to scream at some young ratchet bytches), and kids crying/old people screaming at anything.

Definitely gonna go see it again, probably tomorrow.

Well, nothing in the movie was scary to me but I look at scene execution, cinematography, shyt like that. And the refrigerator scene was cool as hell, visually. He was like a Rubix Cube.

Fred.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well, nothing in the movie was scary to me but I look at scene execution, cinematography, shyt like that. And the refrigerator scene was cool as hell, visually. He was like a Rubix Cube.

Fred.
Oh i see

Well that scene didn't do anything for me. The werewolf hand was a cool easter egg and the kids in the scene were cool but the actual coming out the refrigerator was meh to me.. Nothing unusual imo from other disjointed scary movies/scenes. But that was more over the top though

But overall, Pennywise was just very creepy.. More creepy than anything. I liked parts of the movie where...

he would space out, or his eyes wouldn't be straight, or how IT was hesitant to expose to the kids how it transformed at least until the end. You could tell it was purposely going out of its way to scare the kids and that IT fed off of fear. Turns out, that's exactly what it does. Feeds off the fear as well as the people.

Also a good scene was with Bev after she laid her pops out. I forgot about that in the trailers and it didn't scare me but did scare most of the theater

I forgot, there was some dude that actually got up and walked out after one scene.. I don't know why but he literally got up and walked out mad:mjlol: