Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just peeped it. Loved it. I've seen the original and read most of the book and this definitely is up there with both of them.

Kid with the glasses had me rollin when
they were all in the garage looking at the projector when IT popped up in the photo and he was like "WHAT THE fukk IS THAT, WHAT THE fukk IS THAT" :mjlol::mjlol:............then IT came out on some gigantic shyt :whoo:
I thought was Eddie? I need to see this movie again.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I think @shopthatwrecks is saying that the generation of kids that had to deal with It 27 years before the Loser's Club didn't try to fight, and just chalked up all the death and missing bodies in Derry as part of the life there.

I think part of the answer is that

More of this is likely to be explained in the next one, but It/Pennywise has been terrorizing Derry for so long, that It has also sort of put a spell over the people there. We already saw that It can influence people to do things, like it did with Henry (the bully) and so the book heavily implies or even outright says that It has power of Derry and the people there. In fact, news about missing people and deaths in Derry don't even really get outside of the city onto national newspapers and TV stations. The book implies that Derry is sort of like a bubble that's separated from the rest of the country. You can leave and come back, but when you're inside, there's sort of a spell that's been cast over the place.
Yeah in the book
It straight up takes control over people and forces them to do certain things. There's also a ton of backstory on past incidents and how IT was involved. The creepy pharmacist, for instance, tells Mike about a group of outlaws that came through in the 20's and ended up getting killed in an ambush set up by the whole town, including the police. Everyone just pretends it never happened and the pharmacist says offhand like yeah i think there mighta been a clown there too joining in lol

When IT returns in the 80s and the kids are adults, another group of lowlifes harass a gay couple and throw one of them over a bridge. He survives but then Pennywise bites him, drags him away and kills him, which both his boyfriend and one of the attackers tell police. The cops convince both of them to just shutup about the clown and everyone just goes along like the fall off the bridge killed him and that was it.

Another shytty parent beats his two young stepsons and ends up killing one of them. Its ruled an accident by police but later his brother then decides to run away and gets caught and eaten by Pennywise. This causes the cops to then pin both kids' deaths on the stepfather, who then kills himself after pennywise appears to him as a vision of his dead son. The kid is mentioned in the film as one of the missing children.

In the film these ideas are communicated by scenes like the old couple driving past Henry slicing Ben w the knife and ignoring them, then a balloon is seen in the backseat. Also appearing on the kids show on tv when Henry killed his dad. Anywhere there was evil or violent shyt happening, Pennywise would be lurking around. Was well done imo

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
In the book the kids run a train on (a willing) Beverly.

Stephen King did a lot of drugs in the 80's. :manny:

Fred.

he doesnt even remember writing some of his best selling novels....thats how hard into drugs he was.

He locked himself into a hotel room once with coke alcohol robotussin and weed and wrote The Running Man in 72 hours and published it under a pseudonym.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Reading the book would instantly turn it off for him a lot the book isn't in this movie

The mummy werewolf the orgy etc

It's kinda how the newest nightmare on elm st compared the old one

The new was better to me because it shed more light on Freddy
Simply because the book has more detail than both tv series and movies... I would watch THIS movie first.. Then the other then the book. I think the book will give more satisfaction overall but might ruin some of the movies shyt. And since this movie is better than the OG (despite not being complete) i would watch this one first

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Watched it and thought it was pretty average.

Will reply longer later as I'm on my phone, but I thought the highlight was the amazing child actor with the fat mum.

His expressions were as if he was an adult and loved when he beat IT in the sewers after he got covered in goo

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I didn't say this was hardcore. I said my hardcore horror fans.
I said this was a cult classic though.

Oh, I misunderstood

On first viewing I do not think it is a cult classic. To be honest it's too early to tell.

I do not think it surpasses the originals either, which were cult classics a few years after their release

I thought the film did break a common thing in cliche in horror films: bad stuff cannot happen during broad daylight. It did keep me on my toes, as normally when it's day time you can relax a little

The other thing that I loved was when Beverly walked into the house and the TV was on in the background and you can hear the woman being interviewed and saying the sewers were a fun place to play in. Found that as a nice touch

But yeah, I thought the film was totally meh.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Oh, I misunderstood

On first viewing I do not think it is a cult classic. To be honest it's too early to tell.

I do not think it surpasses the originals either, which were cult classics a few years after their release

I thought the film did break a common thing in cliche in horror films: bad stuff cannot happen during broad daylight. It did keep me on my toes, as normally when it's day time you can relax a little

The other thing that I loved was when Beverly walked into the house and the TV was on in the background and you can hear the woman being interviewed and saying the sewers were a fun place to play in. Found that as a nice touch

But yeah, I thought the film was totally meh.
Happens. Not everyone is going to like it. But there does seem to be a giant group of people, including myself, who seem to love it.
Maybe if you give it another try down the road you might like it more.
But in my opinion there was a lot of elements that made this a classic in the horror genre of this generation.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't say this was hardcore. I said my hardcore horror fans.
I said this was a cult classic though.
Definitely a cult classic though

Regardless if you felt like it was "scary" or not, it was a good movie and very well done especially compared to the original.

This is a scary flick you take your girl to see... It was just extremely fukked up and demonic but hilarious.

It wasn't overly gory or no bullshyt like that, but it was all about making you scared and uncomfortable mentally. Which is what IT/Pennywise fed off of in the story/lore.

Not gonna lie, I wasn't "covered my face" terrified but I was definitely surprised and saw people around me just as surprised and some scared (my nephew was laughing goofily at some parts then i would look over and see him covering his face).

You went through a lot of emotions in this movie.. It was lowkey a classic imo. You were either laughing, scared, or thinking this shyt is fukked up...

And there is still chapter 2.