Stephen King's IT (Time to Float) - Official Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Pt 2 will be them as adults.

I didnt like how they minimized the black kid when he was the historian of the crew.

Maybe they'll switch he & Ben completely, with Ben staying behind and being the lighthouse, and Mike leaving. I think that's stupid, but whatever. I'm also noticing that they really had similar personalities. Beep Beep Richie was the biggest shyt-talker, but Eddie, Bev got theirs in as well.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Maybe they'll switch he & Ben completely, with Ben staying behind and being the lighthouse, and Mike leaving. I think that's stupid, but whatever. I'm also noticing that they really had similar personalities. Beep Beep Richie was the biggest shyt-talker, but Eddie, Bev got theirs in as well.

Doesnt Ben kill himself? Or is it Stan? Either way Im straight on them killing off the Black character if they do go that route.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps

YES...

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SWITCH THINGS UP
AND KILL OFF A FEW MAIN CHARACTERS IN THIS.

EVERY OTHER SCENE
WAS SOME KID ALMOST GETTING GOT BY IT.

shyt BECAME :yawn: AFTER A WHILE.

OH LOOK ANOTHER "BOO" MOMENT
OH LOOK KID ESCAPES AGAIN...

RINSE AND REPEAT.

:devil:
:evil:

Do they kill any of these guys in the book when they were kids?

because if that's not the case then a bunch of you guys in this thread would be complaining about someone dying to early in the movie and not sticking to the book.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Do they kill any of these guys in the book when they were kids?

because if that's not the case then a bunch of you guys in this thread would be complaining about someone dying to early in the movie and not sticking to the book.

I CANT SPEAK ON THE BOOK
BUT
CONSIDERING THE MOVIE HAS BEEN MADE ALREADY
AND IS A CLASSIC...

THERES NO POINT IN MAKING IT AGAIN
IF YOURE NOT GONNA SWITCH THINGS UP.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 dumb questions

So does Pennywise eat the children, or eat their fears? I thought that he ate them, but their fear "salted the meat" and made them taste better. But my girlfriend was saying she thought maybe he only ate their fear, because all of those kids were floating. So maybe he just fed off their fear and left them suspended in the air, where they'd die of starvation? Is that why Georgie died anyways? Also, when he was eating Sam's face, it looked like he just had his mouth over his face but he obviously could've just bit his head off but chose not to. I didn't really get that part either. But him ONLY feeding on their fear doesn't really make sense. I definitely think he ate the kids. He bit off Georgie's arm and later on he said "I'll feast on your flesh as I feed off your fears."

Anyone up on the book can maybe explain this to me? Were there kids floating in the book as well?"

:jbhmm:

Also, Eddie's mom was trying to make him think he was sick and taking all of those pills because she knew about Pennywise and she wanted to keep him safer inside of the house, right?

I am not 100 sure with the 1st question... I presume yes. The 2nd question, yes it is heavily implied.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt wuz :trash: thought it wuz going to be a serial killer clown, cuttin up kids on some evil twisted shyt

instead it's some gay ass supernatural cartoon scooby doo type fukkery, got these weak ass kids beating up on tha clown

they went for tha easy typical lazy horror movie formula

I'm convinced Hollywood will never make a REAL fukked up scary movie with tha villian killin up shyt

Uh....:patrice:

The book came out in 1986. If you're disappointed with the movie :yeshrug: but I'd say 99.99% of the people going into this are at least somewhat familiar with it. The book was so big when it came out it made the cover of TIME magazine.

f59f9d62dd7109d25be7430d3d3b3edc.jpg

As far as fukked up horror movies, check out "High Tension", "Inside" and "Martyrs". They're all French and a lot rawer than Hollywood horror movies.

Fred.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Good movie although it wasn't too scary to me but I'm probably too :flabbynsick: to get scared anymore. No way they don't push hard to get Amy Adams for part 2 right? The actress playing Bev is an Amy Adams clone that hasn't grown up yet. One of the boys even calls her "Lois Lane".

6g0aZW0E.jpg

amyadamsamericanhustle.jpg
I was thinking Kirstin Wig

And they should get Donald Glover to play Mike..

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

YES...

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SWITCH THINGS UP
AND KILL OFF A FEW MAIN CHARACTERS IN THIS.

EVERY OTHER SCENE
WAS SOME KID ALMOST GETTING GOT BY IT.

shyt BECAME :yawn: AFTER A WHILE.

OH LOOK ANOTHER "BOO" MOMENT
OH LOOK KID ESCAPES AGAIN...

RINSE AND REPEAT.

Well that's to be expected with a 2 hr 15 min run time. No horror should ever be that long. The original 2 pt mini series was only 57 min longer than this movie.
(And dont come back with a The Shining response again either brehs)

I liked it though. My list favorite parts was when it looked and felt like MAMA. I didn't know it was the same director til after the movie. I wish Fukanaga had stuck around.

What I liked most about this weekend was that this movie felt like an event, which is pretty much a rarity these days. I'd say Force Awakens might have been the last one IMO

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The movie was VERY entertaining and had some creepy moments. I'll say the garage and basement scene was by the creepiest and legit had the entire theater being like :damn: :wtf: :merchant:

Mid-way through the movie this dude next to me like was "Yeah...I gotta pray when I get home :merchant:"

:russ:

The movie was The Goonies meets Nightmare Before Erm Street. It was perfected casted and perfecting acted. I might just cop this on DVD just for the deleted/extended scenes, commentary, and all that other stuff.

I really can't wait till they do the sequel.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The movie was VERY entertaining and had some creepy moments. I'll say the garage and basement scene was by the creepiest and legit had the entire theater being like :damn: :wtf: :merchant:

Mid-way through the movie this dude next to me like was "Yeah...I gotta pray when I get home :merchant:"

:russ:

The movie was The Goonies meets Nightmare Before Erm Street. It was perfected casted and perfecting acted. I might just cop this on DVD just for the deleted/extended scenes, commentary, and all that other stuff.

I really can't wait till they do the sequel.

I'd say this was simply a Rated R goonies. This movie used too much CGI where it made it more fantasy than horror to me honestly, especially when you think about the Cosmic origins of the book.