Stephen Curry has no heart

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who was better than Curry in the regular season last year?
Shooting/scoring is only one aspect of the game.

Plenty of people deserved consideration.

I'm not even saying he shouldn't have won MVP. I just think it was shytty for the media to remove every one else from the conversation while ignoring the clear weaknesses in currys game.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

I'm not even saying he shouldn't have won MVP. I just think it was shytty for the media to remove every one else from the conversation while ignoring the clear weaknesses in currys game.

The man hits 80% of his shots off illegal screens, he's up there with Nash as the worst MVP candidate of all time. Be basically food status one on one with 90% of the NBA and yet get voted for MVP brehs :scust:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you think he should have won MVP, why are you upset that the voters agreed with you?

They should've voted for someone they felt had an inferior season just because?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UNANIMOUS

Is the problem.

Don't play dumb :comeon:

Again...if you agreed that Curry should've won MVP, why are you upset that the media had the same stance?

Out of the 120+ media members, if one person decided not to vote for Curry (like what happened with LeBron & Shaq) then it would've significantly changed your perception of him?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again...if you agreed that Curry should've won MVP, why are you upset that the media had the same stance?
I don't agree that he should have won.

Most years I feel it's highly debatable, but at least the debate happens. Even if I disagree with the outcome I can respect it.

With curry they tried to make the conversation itself invalid. Anybody who tried to have the cobersation was ridiculed.

That's the difference.

Out of the 120+ media members, if one person decided not to vote for Curry (like what happened with LeBron & Shaq) then it would've significantly changed your perception of him?
Would have given me a different perception of the media. My perception of Steph has not changed.

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
To some but we all have witness the "cake walk" talk before..
I knew it wouldn't be easy because the whole team mentality would shift with another elite scorer..
We saw it with the Celtics...
We saw it with the Heat...
We saw it in Houston when Charles fat ass went there..
We saw it with the Lakers( fukk that flabby and sick excuse for the Glove and Malone)
History always repeats itself..
You would have to be delusional or a band wagon fan of sports in generally not see this..
The problem is Curry can't hide no more..
It's time to show and prove..
nikka out here being exposed like a ho on Bissonet and 59 or like a ho back on Main in the 90s'(Houston brehs know what I'm talking about)..
No more excuses...
Either this nikka get a sensu bean or go to a hyperbolic chamber..
fukk the towels on the head..
fukk the commercials..
fukk the trash ass IQ basketball behind the back passes..
fukk deferring..
fukk Kerr..
If you want respect, accept the challenge or run your ass to Charlotte and become a family man...

:to:

Daps
Reppin
i wanna hunnid and fitty thousand!
Ole boy had a shytty game. Can't really defend his play, but y'all are falling all over yourselves to be Skip Bayless and have someone's latest game be the deciding factor on how he's seen. It would make sense for Cavs folks to jump all over this, but for Lakers' folks to circle jerk yourselves into a tizzy is a bit ridiculous. If he flipped out on Kerr for taking him out or not running the final play for him y'all would be making threads about that. It's hilarious that ole boy has done the shyt he's done so far in his life and some cat watching him on TV has the nerve to say he ain't got no heart. Gtfoh. You ain't accomplished 10% of what he's done and he's probably younger than most of y'all. Kyrie hit a fall away jumper (after having a mostly shytty game himself) over somebody taller than him playing good defense. Just give Kyrie and the Cavs credit.
I've been saying for the longest the hatred he gets comes from people realizing that the difference between them and Curry is the determination he had to be great because he doesn't have any physical gifts that stand out compared to other star NBA players

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
Something is off with him. People say he's coasting, but I think he is having psychological struggles with the dynamics of having KD there. Kerr benching him at the end of last night's game could really start chemistry issues if they don't hash that out immediately.

:banderas:

calh45

Cal
Daps
A media narrative is the exact reason for a lot of the discourse around the NBA.

This isn't something that only happens to Steph.

All players go through it.

I think it's dumb either way. I tend to shrug it off in terms of discussing what goes down in the actual games. I put games on mute because we're better than the analysts they be throwing on TV now.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player.

You literally can't be most valuable, but also be a liability on defense.

Never said it was bad logic for Kerr to take him out.

I said it was bad logic for people to vote him unanimous MVP and call him the best player in the league.

We can agree to disagree on the MVP not being a liability. His offensive game was overwhelmingly why he won the MVP last year, but that was a season ago. He should've been MVP last year. He was playing that well. This game Kerr decided the team had a better chance with him on the bench......and followed it up today by saying subbing him in quotes saying he should be smarter when Draymond had 6 turnovers and they stopped running plays for Klay who was the hot one in the 4th......now that I'm thinking about it this game was more of an indictment on Kerr than anyone else. If thread said "Steve Kerr has no heart" I'd give it a solid :francis:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I've been saying for the longest the hatred he gets comes from people realizing that the difference between them and Curry is the determination he had to be great because he doesn't have any physical gifts that stand out compared to other star NBA players

That ain't exactly true. He's not a physical anomaly like KD or Bron, but to be able to shoot like he did he does have some innate God given ability in terms of touch that most of us don't have. Klay shoots like his form was manufactured in a factory, but Steph was throwing shyt from all sorts of angles and it was going in, but I get what you mean. I've long said cats on here hate RG3 because they couldn't stand an ugly cat playing QB and getting those accolades.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't agree that he should have won.

Most years I feel it's highly debatable, but at least the debate happens. Even if I disagree with the outcome I can respect it.

With curry they tried to make the conversation itself invalid. Anybody who tried to have the cobersation was ridiculed.

That's the difference.

Would have given me a different perception of the media. My perception of Steph has not changed.

You just said a few posts ago that you weren't arguing that Curry shouldn't have won.

Yeah...I don't see how one voter's opinion can matter that much to someone. I really don't see the major difference between Curry getting 100% of the vote and LeBron & Shaq getting 99%.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think it's dumb either way. I tend to shrug it off in terms of discussing what goes down in the actual games. I put games on mute because we're better than the analysts they be throwing on TV now.
Agreed. But we both know how this shyt goes.

Media narrative is created. nikkas argue over its validity. Threads get made/upped by whoever feels vindicated.

We can agree to disagree on the MVP not being a liability. His offensive game was overwhelmingly why he won the MVP last year, but that was a season ago. He should've been MVP last year. He was playing that well. This game Kerr decided the team had a better chance with him on the bench......and followed it up today by saying subbing him in quotes saying he should be smarter when Draymond had 6 turnovers and they stopped running plays for Klay who was the hot one in the 4th......now that I'm thinking about it this game was more of an indictment on Kerr than anyone else. If thread said "Steve Kerr has no heart" I'd give it a solid :francis:
Imo can't be "most valuable" and be a liability on one side of the court. But everybody has their own opinion on what makes an MVP, which is why I found it egregious that seemingly all media opinions chose him as MVP while ignoring the greatness of other players in other aspects of the game.

But I agree. Kerr was the one shook, and afraid of Kyrie. Wonder what him and Steph had to say to each other today.