Stephen A. Smith ETHERS LeBron James for Making Excuses About Losing To the Mavericks in 2011

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Does Stephen A ask interns to find one sentence that he can criticize like he’s in court of law? :mjlol:

Lebron: I was trash
SAS: Did you know that Lebron was trash?!

I hate when people play dumb to make content. And it’s ironic that the dudes try to make a content that’s the opposite of mainstream media, opposite of going viral, just for msm watching it to find one sentence that they can make msm of.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I have praised lebron in the past but 2011 remains the one blemish on his record its nearly as bad as kobe quitting on his team against the suns and refusing to shoot the ball and blowing a 3-1 lead against the inferior suns team or in the 2004 finals or in game 6 of 2008 finals where the lakers got blown out by 39 points, he shot 7/22 in an elimination game with 4 turnovers, he shot 9/26 in game 1 as well he was awful in that 2008 series and jordan have lost several times in the playoffs. great players have blemishes some way more than others as well
whataboutism:mjlol:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I know it's hard for Bron fans to digest, he mentally checked out

Wade was doing everything bc Bron literally wouldn't step up

We all know Bron's legacy is much diff if Wade wins FMVP in 2011...Wade has the biggest gripe bc a title for him + FMVP puts him as a top 25 player all time

That loss helped Bron's legacy more than it hurt...ppl can say what they want to convince themselves he didn't quit, but he did :manny:
No. It hurt both Wade and Brons legacy. If they win in 2011, then Bron essentially is apart of a 3-peat(in which the latter two he’d be FMVP of) and Wade would be viewed as potentially top 25-20 all time. Both players would’ve benefited from 2011. Although I do think Wade had more to lose from losing in 2011 than bron. Brons legacy is secured because of his longevity after 2011. But had they won in 2011, that era would’ve been viewed in the same lane as Magic/Kareem where you had two FMVP players exchanging goat title runs on the same team in the same dynasty. But losing in 2011 Now has that era largely viewed as Bron and Friends. It’s a damn shame. 2011 hurt bron because it’s a trump card in anti-bron arguments we still bring up 13yrs later.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
heat losing those 2 times out of 4 definitely helped bron's legacy. Especially losing da first year. If they woulda won 4 in a row, ppl would ve looking at him da same way they do KD.

That was definitely da vibe when he first signed there
Nah. Considering he won two more after Miami, his legacy would’ve been secured and viewed even better. Had Bron won in 2011(with wade winning FMVP) and went on to win 3 in a row, he would’ve been viewed more like Kobe was viewed after their Lakers 3peat rather than KD. It would’ve been the “Kobe can’t win without me” dynamic with Bron having to prove he can win without Miami.But bron leaving and winning with Cleveland and LA would’ve been his “I won two without Shaq” legacy securing moment that Kobe had when had the 2009 and 2010 titles. Bron wining without Miami would’ve secured his legacy and would’ve bolstered a 2011 title. He’d be sitting on 5 rings, same way Kobe did. And same way Kobe winning 3 with Shaq is no longer a weapon against him, but now a footnote on bolstering his all time standing

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lebron and JJ do 3 hours of nuanced basketball talk regarding strategy and actual X's and O's only to have a sensationalist TV anchor still find a way to generate a hotake from that content is wild but so apropos for why JJs/Lebron show is needed. :francis:
Except the show is not about X’s and O’s. You can clearly see it’s about pushing narratives. Stephen A is absolutely right

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I have praised lebron in the past but 2011 remains the one blemish on his record its nearly as bad as kobe quitting on his team against the suns and refusing to shoot the ball and blowing a 3-1 lead against the inferior suns team or in the 2004 finals or in game 6 of 2008 finals where the lakers got blown out by 39 points, he shot 7/22 in an elimination game with 4 turnovers, he shot 9/26 in game 1 as well he was awful in that 2008 series and jordan have lost several times in the playoffs. great players have blemishes some way more than others as well
That Kobe quitting on his team thing has always been BS

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Lebron's my favorite player but the truth is that the moment was too much for him.

Although he made it to the finals in '07 with a weaker team, just like then the moment was too big for him. Wade won in '06 and was already accustomed to being under this type of pressure which attributed him to having a great '11 Finals against the Mavs. LeBron was still in his “Cavalier mindset” phase that season and it showed in the finals, his “Heat mindset” didn't really show until the next year during the lockout season.

He's right that the 2011 Heat roster wasn't that good in comparison to their rosters in '12 through '14. The '11 roster had a lot of dead weight from the previous watershed Heat seasons before Bosh and Bron's arrival.

Mike Bibby, Dampier, Big Z, Eddie House, Juwan Howard, Jamaal Magloire, etc are all deadweight and washed. Players that didn't really make sense or deserved to be having prominent roles.

The Mavs were the better team and (arguably the best team during that postseason) there's no way to say Miami would've won the series even if James played great. Sure if they lost with him playing great it'd look better on resume but as far as believing they would've beaten the Mavs is questionable.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
OK, then why didn't he leave it at that? He's talking out of both sides of his mouth

if u were bad in the finals (he was), then say that and leave it. but don't add in that the roster wasn't ready either. Now ur just throwing the team under the bus because you were mediocre
Those were 2 separate topics dumbass

NYC Rebel

Daps
Does Stephen A ask interns to find one sentence that he can criticize like he’s in court of law? :mjlol:

Lebron: I was trash
SAS: Did you know that Lebron was trash?!

I hate when people play dumb to make content. And it’s ironic that the dudes try to make a content that’s the opposite of mainstream media, opposite of going viral, just for msm watching it to find one sentence that they can make msm of.
Then hides behind the “imma jurnaliss” creed when he can’t follow a shred of its ethics

NYC Rebel

Daps
The podcast is 25% throwing out basketball terms these two clowns think no one knows (floppy, slot cut, pick the picker, etc) and 75% advancing Lebron’s narratives. We saw the long con and short con coming from a mile away :sas1:
:mjlol:

Rallying cry.

This is how Circle jerks form yet you guys swear LeBron fans are the ones under one banner :russ:

I’m almost 1000% certain that if someone does a search under your name, at no point have you ever mentioned “floppy, slot cut, pick the picker” in discussing basketball at any point in your existence in the coli.