Stephen A questions why Kamala won't do interviews

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
She's doing it her way. Not according to the press. She's already said multiple times earlier this week she'll lay out policies end of this week and at DNC

It's just hilarious how same MAGA that say mainstream media is nothing but fake news. Now all of a sudden she need to do interviews with them

She didn't lay any policies in that video.
Brian is overselling it.

But if she saying she gonna lay them down end of this week ok i'm down to wait. Can't be forever though.
And saying we should have a ceasfire don't mean shyt, she will have the power of the purse.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
She didn't lay any policies in that video.
Brian is overselling it.

But if she saying she gonna lay them down end of this week ok i'm down to wait. Can't be forever though.
And saying we should have a ceasfire don't mean shyt, she will have the power of the purse.
Are you seriously bewildered and confused as to what those policies from the current BIDEN VP are generally going to look like? in comparison to Trumps?

Daps
given the media refuses to properly cover her opponent, never directing the same scrutiny to his rambling incoherency that they did biden’s seeming decline, is it any wonder why kamala has chosen a strategy of ignoring the press and speaking directly to the american people?

here’s a great rebuttal of stephen a smith’s insincere “concern.”

The first thing you need to know about the vice president’s approach to the Washington press corps is look how well she’s doing as a result. Kamala Harris is now leading Donald Trump in some national polling averages as well as in some swing-state polls. True, her lead is within the margin of error in most cases, but that’s an improvement from where the Democrats were before Joe Biden dropped out of the running and orchestrated instantaneous unification around his second-in-command.

I don’t think I’m overstating things. Her current lead, the millions of dollars she’s bringing in, the thousands of volunteers who are signing up to help, the big big mo’ – I think all of it comes directly from her campaign’s decision not to give the press corps too much access too fast. I think that decision comes directly from the fact that Harris saw firsthand what the press corps did to Joe Biden’s campaign.

Some members of the press corps have noticed how well Harris is doing without them, and apparently, it doesn’t sit right. Here’s Chris Cillizza with a representative sampling. The former Post writer said the vice president has been “almost entirely” ignoring the media since she launched her campaign, and that’s bad, he said. It “bypasses the argument that the media is a critical part of our political system and any candidate who wants to be president — whether they are winning or losing — should be regularly subjected to scrutiny from the press.”

Even if I agreed that candidates who want to be president should be regularly subjected to media scrutiny, I don’t think this press corps, as it is currently organized, is able to. There are exceptions, of course, but this press corps is generally not equipped to scrutinize candidates on matters of fact and substance. I say this because this press corps has conspicuously traded matters of fact and substance for vibes.

It didn’t matter what Joe Biden did – pull the country out of a pandemic, dodge a recession, tame inflation, grow jobs, grow wages, enforce anti-monopoly laws, revive every single one of the so-called “left behind” counties that voted for Trump in 2016 because of “economic anxiety” – it didn’t matter what Joe Biden did. The press corps decided nothing was more important than his age, and lo! 2024 became an election about vibes and vibes ended his candidacy.

Vibes are this press corps’ forte, not fact and substance. If fact and substance were its strength, there would have been a different reaction to The Disaster Debate during which Biden talked about policy and issues while Trump didn’t bother. Trump was incoherent and false, but he came off as confident and strong, and he came off that way, because the press corps’ forte isn’t fact and substance.

If fact and substance were important, there would also have been a different reaction to Biden’s NATO press conference last month. He did it after the Disaster Debate to show he still had what it takes. He talked for an hour about foreign affairs, international laws and war. But this press corps didn’t hear any of that after Biden said “Vice President Trump” by mistake. There’s no grace for the old in Washington, nor is there interest in anything but vibes in the Washington press corps.

There was a time when liberals and Democrats would have nodded in agreement with Chris Cillizza on the merit of candidates being regularly subjected to scrutiny. But after this press corps made a fetish of Biden’s age, I don’t see any more room for the benefit of the doubt – and there’s no going back. This press corps made the election about vibes and it’s going to remain an election about vibes, and if those vibes now grind against the instincts of this press corps, tough shyt.

You reap what you sow.

In the future, we might look back and see the most important difference between the Biden and Harris campaigns is their level of trust in the press corps. The president believed voters would reward him for the substantial things he has done, and he trusted – indeed, he depended on – the press corps to inform voters, as it’s supposed to.

:francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
her team peeped game and had her pivot. now conservative media mad
i don't give a fukk if kamala gives interviews or not. i actually kinda think she shouldnt :dead:

she's not a great politician, and her candidacy mostly hinges on not being donald trump. why not just preserve her image as much as they can. fukk an interview

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Tomorrow

WASHINGTON, Aug 13 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris will make her first policy-centered speech as Democratic presidential candidate on Friday, taking aim at price gouging, in a sign her whirlwind campaign could rattle big companies and corporate executives.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
You're wrong. be the first person in internet history to simply say:

"I'm sorry, you guys have demonstrated she spoke about policy more than Trump, I concede and change my perspective"

I personally don't think most humans are capable of this, and too prideful. You'll showcase that.
I’m not as prideful as most humans. Shes saying a bunch of nothing playing coy. I understand it’s in her interest to wait for the dnc as well. I’m more mocking u and these other cats that simply give your votes away for feel good optimism. Hold these politicians feet to the fire.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I’m not as prideful as most humans. Shes saying a bunch of nothing playing coy. I understand it’s in her interest to wait for the dnc as well. I’m more mocking u and these other cats that simply give your votes away for feel good optimism. Hold these politicians feet to the fire.

Why are you giving people advice that you surely do not hold.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This isn't rap bro. "dikk riding" isn't necessary when I can give tangible reasons as to why She's clearly a better candidate than Trump.

wait...dont be a p*ssy...Are you unclear that Kamala Harris is a better candidate than Trump?

answer that directly. I need to see if this is a confusing choice for a black man like yourself. ya'll motherfukkers need to stop being pussies and say where you STAND.

you don't know which is the better candidate bro?
I’m still undecided. I’m a business owner hope that makes sense. I’ve voted blue my entire life but after this last regime I’m demanding more.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I just want to hear policy not rap not dancing and giggling. Fix the economy bring back manufacturing jobs stop ducking reparations. It’s that simple son.

1/1
MAGA keeps repeating the same lie, claiming that Kamala Harris has no policy ideas.

She has already proposed the following ideas, if you actually have been paying any attention.

- Expanding access to affordable housing.
- Increasing the minimum wage.
- Paid family leave.
- Tax credits for working families.
- Insuring that the super-wealthy pay their fair share in taxes.
- Gun reform, including an assault weapons ban, universal background check and red-flag laws.
- Expanding healthcare access under the ACA.
- Investing in green infrastructure.
- Strengthening voting rights.
- Criminal justice reform.
- Lowering prescription drug costs.
- Pushing for more consumer protections.
- Re-Establishing Roe v. Wade as the law of the land.
- Push for tribal self-determination.
- Go after price gouging.
- Stop landlords from charging unfair rents.
- Getting a ceasefire deal done in Gaza.

She literally has only had 20 days to prepare for an election. Most candidate spend months preparing policy ideas. I'd say, she's ahead of the game.

She plans to release a more outline policy plan this coming week.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196