Steph entered the NBA in 09.. Bron 03 they both have 4 rings

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Kobe was outplayed by Austin Croshere in a Finals series

The same series where Kobe was playing on an ankle the size of a grapefruit because Jalen Rose attempted to intentionally end his postseason (which I'm sure you were giddy over in real time?)

:leon:

Had to refresh my memory. It's been awhile. I remember Shaq fouling out but everything was somewhat of a blur afterwards. Thank God for the internet.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Klay hasnt been an all-star in 4 years and was coming off damn near a 3 year hiatus

Draymond got benched for his offense in the Finals

Wiggins was a first time all-star (WITH steph)

Klay averaged 17ppg on 35% shooting in the Finals

Draymond averaged 6ppg on 33% shooting in the Finals

Jordan Poole averaged 13ppg on 43% shooting

So we're only looking at Finals numbers, huh?

Perfect. Let's look at LeBron's teammates in the Finals HE LOST (excluding 2011, which we know he was culpable):

2007: Gooden: 13ppg on 50% shooting, Gibson 11ppg on 44% shooting

2014: Wade 15ppg on 43% shooting, Bosh 14ppg on 55% shooting

2015: Mosgov 14ppg on 55% shooting, J.R. Smith 12ppg on 31% shooting (Kyrie played a single game that series, Love missed the series)

2017: Kyrie 29ppg on 47% shooting, Love 16ppg on 39% shooting (this is LeBron's BEST supporting cast in a losing effort, and they literally lost in 5)

2018: Love 19ppg on 40% shooting, J.R. 10 ppg on 31% shooting

So, with the exception of 2017, only Love in 2018 outperformed the non-NBA All Star version of Klay in the Finals but somehow the Warriors still won and LeBron's teams lost?

Seems like Steph has had the benefit of having a great team around him to me.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If we stripped away narratives and bias

Steph is better than Lebron but people can't get there just yet....but future generations far removed will start to question the Lebron > Steph narrative.

I don't know who Rhakim is but the guy isn't very bright.

How in the fukk did you come to the conclusion that Steph Curry is better at basketball than LeBron? :stopitslime:

Steph is a better shooter and free throw shooter than LeBron. This is obvious.

LeBron is literally better at every other aspect of the game. Curry is a guard and LeBron averages more assists. For all his amazing shooting ability, LeBron averages 3 more points per game for a career. Curry is a great rebounder for his position, but LeBron is one of the BEST at his position.

The same way that Curry is nearly unstoppable from outside, LeBron is nearly unstoppable from inside. LeBron has a career FG% of 51% as a perimeter player. Do you realize how difficult that is to do over a 20 year span??? Michael Jordan didn't even average 51% as a perimeter player, and he only played 15 years!

Bron holds records Curry will NEVER reach. Almost every "fastest to" record is held by James. He's the all-time leading scorer, while also being top four in assists, and top 10 in steals. He has 4 MVPs and 4 Finals MVPs where he played on teams that featured Wade, Kyrie and Anthony Davis.

Y'all nikkas just come on here and say ANYTHING.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why is your dikkeating ass only mentioning playoffs nikka :what:

Its known the East during Lebron’s run has been :flabbynsick:

Its also known that Steph sees way more defensive attention than anyone.

Didnt this nikka Lebron go a Finals averaging only 18 a game in his prime?

It's almost like the playoffs are more important than the regular season and scoring becomes MORE DIFFICULT due to slower pace and gameplanning.

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

I'm also enjoying the irony of you saying anyone is dikkeating when you sport a Curry avy with the word "Him" on the back :mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Blowout win in the fourth game of an easy four-game sweep and you want to pretend that was the critical game in the postseason. :dead:

You couldn't pick a less meaningful playoff game. The Spurs had given up already. Antonio Daniels was Kobe's primary defender AND the #2 option on offense for the Spurs. Every other year he was a 7th man. Losing their best two perimeter players and David Robinson being turned into scrub status by Shaq had already sealed the Spurs' fate. That was their worst roster of any point from 1998-2018.
Kobetards been clinging to that 48 pt game for decades because it's one of the only efficient games he ever had in the playoffs

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The same series where Kobe was playing on an ankle the size of a grapefruit

lol at a minor sprain being turned into "an ankle the size of a grapefruit". If Kobe was hurting so bad, then why did he average 25 shots/game in the three games after he came back from injury, even though he was shooting like shyt (35% overall with just 2 threes), instead of deferring to Shaq and the shooters?

Let's look at reality, before Kobe even sprained his ankle:

Game 1: Kobe scores just 14 points on 6-13 shooting. Lakers dominate anyway behind 43-19-4 and 3 blocks by Shaq, on 21-31 shooting.

Game 2: Kobe has only managed 2 points on 1-3 shooting when he sprains his ankle in the 2nd quarter. Lakers win anyway behind 40-24-4 and 3 blocks by Shaq, on 11-19 shooting.

So at that point in the series, Kobe was averaging 8ppg on 40% shooting, Lakers had a 2-0 lead anyway, and Kobestans think THAT is the title that puts him over Bron?

Game 4: Kobe has a solid 28 points on 14-27 shooting, but he was only the 3rd best player on the court that day. Shaq put up 36 and 21 on 13-25 shooting and Reggie Miller scored 35 points on just 19 shots. Kobe gets remembered for hitting two jump shots in overtime, which was clutch but considering the Lakers already had a lead then it isn't anything legendary unless you're grading him on a curve cause you don't expect much.

Game 5: Kobe scores 8 points on 4-20 shooting. Just a fukking horrible game.

Game 6: Kobe shoots 8-27 to pull off his 5th forgettable game of the series. Shaq, however, puts up another masterpiece, going 19-32 for 41 and 12 plus 4 blocks, to take the series for the Lakers.

It's amazing that that's supposed to be the series that says Kobe has a GOAT case and not Bron, when it's inferior to literally every playoff series Bron has ever played.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
In 2009, Kobe's Lakers beat these Western conference teams:

• Deron Williams led Jazz
  • Ron Artest led Rockets (and the series went 7 games :dead:)
  • Carmelo Anthony led Nuggets
Yeah Bron wouldn't beat any of these teams :mjlol:

UTAH = 48 WINS AS AN 8TH SEED IN THE WEST.. LEBRON DIDNT BEAT NOT ONE 48+ WIN TEAM THAT PLAYOFFS

HOUSTON = 53 WINS

DENVER = 54 WINS

THAT YEAR, LEBRON LOST TO THE ONLY 50+ WIN TEAM HE FACED

:dead:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
lol at a minor sprain being turned into "an ankle the size of a grapefruit". If Kobe was hurting so bad, then why did he average 25 shots/game in the three games after he came back from injury, even though he was shooting like shyt (35% overall with just 2 threes), instead of deferring to Shaq and the shooters?

Let's look at reality, before Kobe even sprained his ankle:

Game 1: Kobe scores just 14 points on 6-13 shooting. Lakers dominate anyway behind 43-19-4 and 3 blocks by Shaq, on 21-31 shooting.

Game 2: Kobe has only managed 2 points on 1-3 shooting when he sprains his ankle in the 2nd quarter. Lakers win anyway behind 40-24-4 and 3 blocks by Shaq, on 11-19 shooting.

So at that point in the series, Kobe was averaging 8ppg on 40% shooting, Lakers had a 2-0 lead anyway, and Kobestans think THAT is the title that puts him over Bron?

Game 4: Kobe has a solid 28 points on 14-27 shooting, but he was only the 3rd best player on the court that day. Shaq put up 36 and 21 on 13-25 shooting and Reggie Miller scored 35 points on just 19 shots. Kobe gets remembered for hitting two jump shots in overtime, which was clutch but considering the Lakers already had a lead then it isn't anything legendary unless you're grading him on a curve cause you don't expect much.

Game 5: Kobe scores 8 points on 4-20 shooting. Just a fukking horrible game.

Game 6: Kobe shoots 8-27 to pull off his 5th forgettable game of the series. Shaq, however, puts up another masterpiece, going 19-32 for 41 and 12 plus 4 blocks, to take the series for the Lakers.

It's amazing that that's supposed to be the series that says Kobe has a GOAT case and not Bron, when it's inferior to literally every playoff series Bron has ever played.

WHY DO U EXPECT PEOPLE TO TAKE U SERIOUSLY WHEN U SAID “KOBE WOULD ONLY WIN 1 RING WITH WADE AND BOSH”???? LOL

YOURE BETTER OFF ARGUING WIT THAT ATHIEST NERD ABOUT GOD

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
As players prime Lebron is a much better defender (in all facets), rebounder, passer, and overall scorer than Steph.

You really can't name many things Steph is better at honestly. And shooting is important, and he is the GOAT shooter, but that's not the entire game of basketball.

There's certain things that 6'3 guys without godly athleticism just can't do on a basketball court. Its not knocking Steph, but its a big man's game.
Steph can play off ball better also

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
To me Bron is the 2nd greatest after Mike when you factor in the entirety of his career and not just certain points. But in real time even though most know the narrative it's not a good look that you got a losing Finals record against Duncan Steph and KD. No matter how it's spun that is what it is and in the future that will be bought up a lot by talking heads. Doesn't make Steph better then him to me but it will be a LEGIT argument in the future once both hang em up for good.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
To me Bron is the 2nd greatest after Mike when you factor in the entirety of his career and not just certain points. But in real time even though most know the narrative it's not a good look that you got a losing Finals record against Duncan Steph and KD. No matter how it's spun that is what it is and in the future that will be bought up a lot by talking heads. Doesn't make Steph better then him to me but it will be a LEGIT argument in the future once both hang em up for good.

I don't think it'll be a real argument by anyone other than hangers-on who oppose LeBron just for the fukk of it. Most heads understand the nuance of these situations:

•got one of the worst teams in Finals history, to a Finals, to play a substantially greater Spurs team. Duncan in his prime, Bron just barely entering his, some would say he wasn't even in his prime yet. Muhfukkas not holding '07 against him...

Next time he played Duncan he was mid-prime and Duncan was out of his or very close to exiting it, and LeBron won. When he lost in '14 that was clearly a better Spurs team and again a post-prime Duncan. Bron was the best player on the floor in that series, his team was just wack. People who hold '14 against him are wild...

•Steph's first W over Bron came with Bron down his two greatest teammates. Again he was the best player in that series, no one holding '15 against him in the future...

Steph lost the next round...

Steph's next two W's were obviously because of the addition of Durant. When people wanna talk about these series in these series in the future you have to bring up that Steph was never better than Bron in any of the four series and in the two KD series, he was the third best player in the series (maybe fourth depending on where you view Kyrie in '17)...

Steph has three W's over LeBron while never outplaying Bron in a series. Only casual heads are going for a, "Steph over Bron because he 3-1" narrative...

•what Durant has in his favor is the argument he outplayed Bron in two series consecutively. Duncan never did that, Steph never did that. Personally, I think Bron and Durant played to a draw in '17 and '18, but Durant is the only one of the three that has an argument that he outplayed Bron...

The elephant with Durant will always be that he needed that GS team to beat Bron, until and unless he does it without them...

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I remember Steph made Lebron's PG go to the hospital for trying to guard him in the playoffs

then technically Steph brought the first championship to Akron

Lebron is amazing but
even arguing just this thread, is jokes...because you can make the same arguments with Spurs who also decimated Lebron
all them arguments dont really result to shyt besides changing teams and catching L's all over the globe

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

This has been the most annoying part about being a LeBron fan-- having to explain to people that say these things because they obviously weren't there.

But as long as I've got breath in me, I'll keep telling what **ACTUALLY** happened.

LeBron's 6 Finals losses, explained:

-2007: LeBron takes perhaps the worst Finals team to ever make the Finals up against a dynastic team in the Spurs. This is due to LeBron going nuclear vs the Pistons in the ECF. There was no way this team was going to beat the Spurs, I don't care what you say.

-2011: LeBron inexplicably plays poorly. There is evidence to suggest there was something going on in the background AND the fact that the League started calling fouls differently on LeBron (LeBron has NEVER received the foul calls he deserves after he went to Miami, this is documented), but I'll save that for another discussion. This is the only loss you can level against LeBron, even though there is an asterisk.

-2014: Wade and Bosh turn in some of the worst Finals performances ever against the Spurs. Wade averaged 15ppg and Bosh averaged 14ppg. Mind you, BOTH of these performances are WORSE than Bron's in 2011, but no one ever brings them up. It's almost like we only care when LeBron fails, and don't care about actual facts...

-2015: Kevin Love gets injured against the Celtics, and Kyrie's knee basically cracks in Game 1. LeBron has to face the budding Golden State Warriors with Matthew Delavadova and Timofey Mosgov. Bron put up incredible numbers in this series, but he had no help. This loss was due to injuries, period.

-2017: I don't think anyone expected this Cavs team to beat a 72-win team that just added Durant. You really count this against LeBron? Would it have been better for them to flame out in the ECF???

-2018: Same exact situation as the previous year, only now Kyrie decides he wants to "be the man" on another team, leaving Bron with LESS help against the same Warriors team.

:yeshrug:

Of all these Ls, 2011 is the only one you have a reasonable case. What kills me is how you nikkas will nitpick every single Finals WIN (the old Skip Bayless special) and talk about how they won in the Bubble, or Ray Allen's shot, or Kyrie's shot, but y'all NEVER take this same approach to the losses, because it fits your narrative of Bron being a loser.

If LeBron had Love and Kyrie in 2015, the Warriors team might not have ever been a thing. If Wade and Bosh play up to their standards, Duncan would still be sitting at 4 rings. If Durant had actually played like a man, that Thunder team wouldn't have blew a 3-1 lead, and hell, he and Westbrook might still be grinding it out in Oklahoma.

All of these things mattered. It's not as simple as "siX fiNALs LoSsEs"

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This has been the most annoying part about being a LeBron fan-- having to explain to people that say these things because they obviously weren't there.

But as long as I've got breath in me, I'll keep telling what **ACTUALLY** happened.

LeBron's 6 Finals losses, explained:

-2007: LeBron takes perhaps the worst Finals team to ever make the Finals up against a dynastic team in the Spurs. This is due to LeBron going nuclear vs the Pistons in the ECF. There was no way this team was going to beat the Spurs, I don't care what you say.

-2011: LeBron inexplicably plays poorly. There is evidence to suggest there was something going on in the background AND the fact that the League started calling fouls differently on LeBron (LeBron has NEVER received the foul calls he deserves after he went to Miami, this is documented), but I'll save that for another discussion. This is the only loss you can level against LeBron, even though there is an asterisk.

-2014: Wade and Bosh turn in some of the worst Finals performances ever against the Spurs. Wade averaged 15ppg and Bosh averaged 14ppg. Mind you, BOTH of these performances are WORSE than Bron's in 2011, but no one ever brings them up. It's almost like we only care when LeBron fails, and don't care about actual facts...

-2015: Kevin Love gets injured against the Celtics, and Kyrie's knee basically cracks in Game 1. LeBron has to face the budding Golden State Warriors with Matthew Delavadova and Timofey Mosgov. Bron put up incredible numbers in this series, but he had no help. This loss was due to injuries, period.

-2017: I don't think anyone expected this Cavs team to beat a 72-win team that just added Durant. You really count this against LeBron? Would it have been better for them to flame out in the ECF???

-2018: Same exact situation as the previous year, only now Kyrie decides he wants to "be the man" on another team, leaving Bron with LESS help against the same Warriors team.

:yeshrug:

Of all these Ls, 2011 is the only one you have a reasonable case. What kills me is how you nikkas will nitpick every single Finals WIN (the old Skip Bayless special) and talk about how they won in the Bubble, or Ray Allen's shot, or Kyrie's shot, but y'all NEVER take this same approach to the losses, because it fits your narrative of Bron being a loser.

If LeBron had Love and Kyrie in 2015, the Warriors team might not have ever been a thing. If Wade and Bosh play up to their standards, Duncan would still be sitting at 4 rings. If Durant had actually played like a man, that Thunder team wouldn't have blew a 3-1 lead, and hell, he and Westbrook might still be grinding it out in Oklahoma.

All of these things mattered. It's not as simple as "siX fiNALs LoSsEs"

tJdPb90.gif