Steph Curry Got Them Under Armour Numbers Going Nuts...

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
steph got more all star votes..

i think the problem is.. people are already tired of UA.. was a FAD.. the fact he released two ugly shoes killed it whereas nike has some very nice ones.

Damn near EVERYONE at my gym had the Curry 2 at one point.. those were heat rocks and one of the best basketball shoes I've EVER played in performance-wise I have 3 total pairs I still rotate through when I ball.

Curry 3 was an umitigated disaster. Shoe is fukkin ugly as shyt, performance wise it is still pretty good but a step down, although the traction is still GOAT, but it's just not a shoe anyone is excited to wear.

Although I will say Durant going to GSW definitely didn't help, not so much Nike vs. UA but just in the fact that Curry and GSW's popularity took a bit hit. Everyone loved em last year, now they're the villain.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Damn near EVERYONE at my gym had the Curry 2 at one point.. those were heat rocks and one of the best basketball shoes I've EVER played in performance-wise I have 3 total pairs I still rotate through when I ball.

Curry 3 was an umitigated disaster. Shoe is fukkin ugly as shyt, performance wise it is still pretty good but a step down, although the traction is still GOAT, but it's just not a shoe anyone is excited to wear.

Although I will say Durant going to GSW definitely didn't help, not so much Nike vs. UA but just in the fact that Curry and GSW's popularity took a bit hit. Everyone loved em last year, now they're the villain.
but yoru gym = {-} thig big.... reast of the world {-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}x9999999 big... really a small sample size.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
but yoru gym = {-} thig big.... reast of the world {-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}x9999999 big... really a small sample size.

My nikka did you have a stroke mid-post? :picard:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
people buying those under armour shoes like that?

Those are for numbers from the distributor and not retail.
Retail those shyt's sit or are so profitable that the retailer still eats off discounted dead stock that won't move and sits.
I think under armor ships numbers because of how general a brand it is across all barriers of sports.
They had a good model starting out.
by being the off brand cheap no name that earned a name because they were the alternative.
to overpriced Nike goes off to the deep end with high end prices.
All behind using compression and dri fit fashion and comfortability components.
Being applied to standard lines of nike apparel in the late nineties era.

So under armor came up being the alternative with good basic designs, crisp lines and solid functional footwear.
that was tailored to durability and performance for everyday use in that exact sport apparel was marketed and manufactured to.

Great grassroots company story and it shows promise.
that possibly you could make a name doing the same as an entrepreneur.
if you acquire the right distribution network and price point for that exact time in the market to capitalize.

Art Barr

Under armor = the little brand that could.
that had generic shirts in sports mart that you bought and thought nuffin about.
till you wore it everyday to compete and it held up.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can't front ua has some off brand shoe designs.
Yet, I know for sure one time.
They produced this horrific pair cosmetically.
Yet, my ol cripple foot one day, Olympic forty time the next day.
Then go play hoops and make a cut and now I am injured again ass, can not front.
I saw those shoes and just had to keep it real.
Like yup, they made that pair specifically for my sometimey cripple foot having ass.

Art Barr

I should have copped those ua's too.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kyrie's are the hottest shoe on feet in dese sckreets for the past two runs grassroots tho for real.

So, still perception wise past the numbers kyrie's are currently the it shoe as of right now.

Art Barr

Kyrie 1 was flames and they're dope this year, but Kyrie 2 was trash. I didn't see many nikkas rocking them

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
steph got more all star votes..

i think the problem is.. people are already tired of UA.. was a FAD.. the fact he released two ugly shoes killed it whereas nike has some very nice ones.
All Star votes? They're not even competing for the same votes.

Durant coming to Oakland has clearly diminished Steph's star (as did that Finals run). I'm sure Under Armour would prefer the same scenario that was occurring last year.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I feel ya.

But the these children love some Steph and UA gear.

Especially cac kids wearing his shoes (they are HUGE customers of the Curry kicks. Younger black kids too but not like them :damn: )

Apparently we'll be in UA in Fall 2018 since our Russell deal ends next summer

These asians out here in Houston used to be Curry'd up 7 days a week plus Sunday...:gucci:

They're all in Hardens now:wow:

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nike basketball designs have been pretty weak for the last few years. The move to full fabric and plastic uppers makes many of the designs look generic (other brands suffer from this as well). The Kyrie line, PG1 and even the latter Kobe's all have similar design language. It's stale. The KD and LeBron line are more unique but not always in a good way. The last good LeBron was X and while the "out of nowhere" LeBron XIV looks nice the rest of the colorways are underwhelming. Retroing the AZG won't save Nike this year, hopefully they have some fresh ideas for next season. As for UA, they are "the little brand that could" to a certain degree. While I think it's logical to assume that they couldn't catch lightning in a bottle again with the Curry 3, they certainly shot their chances to hell with the design. UA doesn't build a culture around their product the way Nike and JB does, which I think hurts them in comparison.