State your unpopular comic book character opinion

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
-I don't hate Batman, but the way the writers portray him is ridiculous a lot of the time. I get that he's smart and stays prepared, but when he's out here fighting Darkseid and shyt and coming up on top, and making the rest of the Justice League look bad, that's just too much.

-I like Flash but he's REALLY overpowered.

-Captain America is underrated and is a great character. The way people think he's written (jingoistic old school patriot) isn't actually how he's portrayed.

- I hate to admit it, but overexposure has made me grow to hate Wolverine. I mean look at the movies, he literally steals ALL the spotlight. There was even a show called "Wolverine & the X-men" where he was the leader instead of Cyclops. :beli:

-Green Goblin isn't that great of a villain. He doesn't even have a consistent personality or motive other than being crazy and his powers are meh.

-Lex Luthor is overused. He's cool when written correctly, but there are only so many times he can pull out Kryptonite before it gets redundant.

I was ready to dap you breh until the Green Goblin Lex Luthor part:ufdup:
:demonic:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC needs to put a bullet in Barbara Gordon again and let her be Oracle...there are ton of teenage girls running around Gotham City who could put on the Batgirl costume instead of Barbara.

I have always liked the WW2 characters (JSA at DC and The Invaders at Marvel) at both companies more than the current ones.

Brian Bendis has only written Spiderman well at Marvel

THe Walking Dead comic hasn't been good for about 2 years now.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Genuinely curious... but how does a fictional character steal the spotlight from another fictional character?

Anytime there's an X-men movie or cartoon, Wolverine pretty much gets ALL the focus and everybody else is side character status. Look at the first couple X-men movies, and compare how much attention Wolverine got in comparison to Cyclops, even though Cyclops is the leader and Wolverine already has three solo movies. Anytime Wolverine is around the plot automatically focuses on him and other characters get ignored.

But I mean for real though, how many times can Luthor pull out some Kryptonite or make a Kryptonite weapon before shyt gets old and predictable? It's damn near all he does.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
- Norman Osborn has the most potential as a villain...he's Lex Luthor and the Joker rolled into one if he's done right.
- X-Men always bored me as a group.
- Early Ultimate Spider-Man is better than most of the 616 stories.
- Man of Steel is more enjoyable to me than the Dark Knight. :yeshrug:
- I thought Thor: The Dark World was actually dope.
- Couldn't get through X-Men: Days of Future Past when it dropped online...fell asleep halfway through.
- Christian Bale sucked as Batman...everything else about those movies was on point though.
- Fantastic Four was always corny to me.
- Spectacular Spider-Man is up there with Batman TAS.
- Young Justice was better than Justice League.
- Greg Weisman's DC Universe >>> Bruce Timm's DC Universe.
This is why the turn they took with Ultimate Universe pissed me off. Everything was going well. I enjoyed all the fukking books and all the little subtle changes from 616.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
90's early 2000's Magneto did alot of ABSURDLY powerful shyt. Some writers actually touched on this where he could control all frequencies of electromagnetic radiation and the entire electromagnetic spectrum. (Some maybe wonky science but it's a comic book)

He did things like opening wormholes, generating heat, forming gravitational fields, controlling electricity, controlling light, generated a planet wide electromagnetic pulse, his shields blocked a nuke, magnetizing blood.......90's Magneto was a team wrecker (he slapped around the Avengers too) and a planetary threat.

He's more than a planetary threat...Magnetism is literally in ALL matter. With the proper boosts he's a GALACTIC threat lol.

TenChambers

All Star
Daps
This is why the turn they took with Ultimate Universe pissed me off. Everything was going well. I enjoyed all the fukking books and all the little subtle changes from 616.
Most of the early shyt was dope, but Ultimate Spider-Man got :flabbynsick: once they had that struggle Carnage kill Gwen...then they had them weird stories with Wolverine & the Clone shyt.

But early USM...especially those Green Goblin stories :ahh:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC needs to put a bullet in Barbara Gordon again and let her be Oracle...there are ton of teenage girls running around Gotham City who could put on the Batgirl costume instead of Barbara.

I have always liked the WW2 characters (JSA at DC and The Invaders at Marvel) at both companies more than the current ones.

Brian Bendis has only written Spiderman well at Marvel

Agree with the Batgirl and JSA sentiments.

Disagree with the Bendis part. His Daredevil run was pretty great too.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I dont know if this is on topic
but my BMs brother be putting me on to the new comics that drop
and what REALLY irritates the shyt outa me is all these different "versions" of X-Men and Spider-Man and this one and that one
this muthafukka gives me my thumb drive back and theres Spider-Man and the X-Men
The NEW X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men
Spectacular Spider-Man
this one shyt that got like 6 different Spider-Mans
what the fukk?!

the ONLY shyt I can rock with like that is surprisingly Deadpool
at least the shyt is consistent

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
- While I'm cool with Hulk, I think he's quite a bit overrated too.
- Bishop should've been pushed harder, specially after they got rid of his damn jerry curl, lol!
- Nate Grey and Psylocke were my fav. psychics. Shame they weren't promoted as much either.

I agree with folks saying more black females characters should be promoted like Storm and others. I really liked Misty Knight's character, may be biased as my wife resembles her when she has her hair out.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Anytime there's an X-men movie or cartoon, Wolverine pretty much gets ALL the focus and everybody else is side character status. Look at the first couple X-men movies, and compare how much attention Wolverine got in comparison to Cyclops, even though Cyclops is the leader and Wolverine already has three solo movies. Anytime Wolverine is around the plot automatically focuses on him and other characters get ignored.

But I mean for real though, how many times can Luthor pull out some Kryptonite or make a Kryptonite weapon before shyt gets old and predictable? It's damn near all he does.
you really don't read Superman, do you?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Since Filestube changed its ways, does anyone have a reliable source to dl comics from? Ya'll be dropping so many dope panels and series/events that I've missed out on that I wanna go back into and digital is the obvious best and most efficient way to read these joints. Looks damn good on the ipad.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you really don't read Superman, do you?

I've seen about all of the cartoons/movies and occasionally catch an issue. Used to follow it in the 90s. Not a monthly reader these days in all honesty. :manny:

You saying that Lex doesn't pull out Kryptonite all the time? Hell, in JLU he even got cancer from using Kryptonite so much. :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
And that wasn't a diss or anything...cartoons and comics have portrayed luthor as Dependant on kryptonite and whatnot hella hard but its not a core go to for him. Getting metallo or parasite or someone to go at superman in the physical while he runs for office or some shyt is more like it.

Luthor is a boss of all bosses...he is more like kingpin than Dr. doom. And he is smarter than doom and 1000x more powerful than kingpin