State your unpopular comic book character opinion

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
- Woverine is the simp of all simps.
- Storm and Panther getting divorced was not just fukking dumb it made me no longer care about either.
- Superman "dying" was the most interesting thing about him
- Magneto is absurdly overpowered and comics STILL don't even touch on a fraction of it. (Magnatism is damn near everthing...EVERYTHING..ATOMS are magnitized, brehs)
- I woulda preferred a Wonder Woman film before another Superman one.
- fukk everybody with the last name "Summers" or "Richards"

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
RHyJtqs.jpg

ZaPbEPP.jpg

nqZUYtE.jpg
This was a great book but was also the thing that made Cage stale as a character to me

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This was a great book but was also the thing that made Cage stale as a character to me
it's a double edge sword b/c on one hand this was the launching pad that made Cage a prominent figure in Marvel and he had that character protection as Bendis' favorite. On the other hand, this neutered Luke Cage became boring as hell, just a bunch of protect the baby this, feed the baby that. Blah blah. Had him in regular clothes too when they could've been somewhat more creative

Quick tidbit: originally Bendis wanted the Alias book to star Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman but rumors were Marvel didn't want her getting sodomized by Cage lol among other things going on in the book... tho Bendis said later that if he had been able to use Drew (instead of making up his own character while giving her the same first name), the story may not necessarily have branched out into what it was/became.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
And it's about damn time. I gotta hear most cats on here big up the 90s series like its end all be all when spectacular shyts on it colossally in almost every aspect. I grew up with that show just like everyone else but nostalgia isn't blinding me. If the show had gotten another three seasons it wouldn't be up for debate

Yeah nostalgia is a hell of a drug Spidey couldn't even punch anyone in the old series due to parents complaining about the violence on the other fox television shows. Spectacular had better arcs, fights, supporting cast and it shyt on it's predecessors from every aspect and it got cancelled for the wack ass Ultimate Spider-man :snoop:. What could've been if there were three more seasons :mjcry:.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
it's a double edge sword b/c on one hand this was the launching pad that made Cage a prominent figure in Marvel and he had that character protection as Bendis' favorite. On the other hand, this neutered Luke Cage became boring as hell, just a bunch of protect the baby this, feed the baby that. Blah blah. Had him in regular clothes too when they could've been somewhat more creative

Quick tidbit: originally Bendis wanted the Alias book to star Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman but rumors were Marvel didn't want her getting sodomized by Cage lol among other things going on in the book... tho Bendis said later that if he had been able to use Drew (instead of making up his own character while giving her the same first name), the story may not necessarily have branched out into what it was/became.

Surprise Buttsexx...... :shaq: Like she hulk never tried that shyt... c'mon man...:lolbron:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Low Key, with all the success that Marvel has been getting on the big screen, they want the best parts of DC. There is a reason why people love Captain America, Thor, and even Silver Surfer because they bring the mysticism in Marvel.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah nostalgia is a hell of a drug Spidey couldn't even punch anyone in the old series due to parents complaining about the violence on the other fox television shows. Spectacular had better arcs, fights, supporting cast and it shyt on it's predecessors from every aspect and it got cancelled for the wack ass Ultimate Spider-man :snoop:. What could've been if there were three more seasons :mjcry:.

Yeah. Yeah. Sucks. And ultimate sucks

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
-I don't hate Batman, but the way the writers portray him is ridiculous a lot of the time. I get that he's smart and stays prepared, but when he's out here fighting Darkseid and shyt and coming up on top, and making the rest of the Justice League look bad, that's just too much.

-I like Flash but he's REALLY overpowered.

-Captain America is underrated and is a great character. The way people think he's written (jingoistic old school patriot) isn't actually how he's portrayed.

- I hate to admit it, but overexposure has made me grow to hate Wolverine. I mean look at the movies, he literally steals ALL the spotlight. There was even a show called "Wolverine & the X-men" where he was the leader instead of Cyclops. :beli:

-Green Goblin isn't that great of a villain. He doesn't even have a consistent personality or motive other than being crazy and his powers are meh.

-Lex Luthor is overused. He's cool when written correctly, but there are only so many times he can pull out Kryptonite before it gets redundant.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
-I don't hate Batman, but the way the writers portray him is ridiculous a lot of the time. I get that he's smart and stays prepared, but when he's out here fighting Darkseid and shyt and coming up on top, and making the rest of the Justice League look bad, that's just too much.

-Captain America is underrated and is a great character. The way people think he's written (jingoistic old school patriot) isn't actually how he's portrayed.

- I hate to admit it, but overexposure has made me grow to hate Wolverine. I mean look at the movies, he literally steals ALL the spotlight. There was even a show called "Wolverine & the X-men" where he was the leader instead of Cyclops. :beli:

-Green Goblin isn't that great of a villain. He doesn't even have a consistent personality or motive other than being crazy and his powers are meh.

-Lex Luthor is overused. He's cool when written correctly, but there are only so many times he can pull out Kryptonite before it gets redundant.

I was ready to dap you breh until the Green Goblin part:ufdup:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
- DC characters are overpowered.
- Mahvel > DC.
- Not a fan of the Doom, Luther & Osborn dikk-riding as far as villains go.
- Over exposure or not, Wolverine is better than your favorite character not named Wolverine. Spiderman, whom I also like, is about as exposed and shyt as him, but I don't see folks hating on him like that.
- I thought the first Cap. America movie and both Thor movies to be quite enjoyable. And while I also liked Ironman 1, it's a lil overrated.
- While I wasn't heavy into his books, I always liked Cap America and thought he was a dope character before the Winter Soldier movie.

Not sure if this a popular or unpopular opinion or not, but I liked the X-23 books. Never really hear anyone speak about her on here tho.

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Genuinely curious... but how does a fictional character steal the spotlight from another fictional character?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Genuinely curious... but how does a fictional character steal the spotlight from another fictional character?
well in his example it was by casting wolverine in a role that is traditionally played by cyclops, relegating him to more of supporting character when in fact he has always been the lead.

making wolverine the leader of the x men is like making raphael the leader of the turtles. that ain't his place. he is engaging as a character because of his refusal to follow orders. if he's the one handing them out you strip the character of perhaps his most defining layer.

wolverine wasn't meant to be the front man. he's the lead guitarist. the breakout star, but not the face of the band. cyclops was always the lead singer.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Magneto is absurdly overpowered and comics STILL don't even touch on a fraction of it. (Magnatism is damn near everthing...EVERYTHING..ATOMS are magnitized, brehs)
"

90's early 2000's Magneto did alot of ABSURDLY powerful shyt. Some writers actually touched on this where he could control all frequencies of electromagnetic radiation and the entire electromagnetic spectrum. (Some maybe wonky science but it's a comic book)

He did things like opening wormholes, generating heat, forming gravitational fields, controlling electricity, controlling light, generated a planet wide electromagnetic pulse, his shields blocked a nuke, magnetizing blood.......90's Magneto was a team wrecker (he slapped around the Avengers too) and a planetary threat.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
well in his example it was by casting wolverine in a role that is traditionally played by cyclops, relegating him to more of supporting character when in fact he has always been the lead.

making wolverine the leader of the x men is like making raphael the leader of the turtles. that ain't his place. he is engaging as a character because of his refusal to follow orders. if he's the one handing them out you strip the character of perhaps his most defining layer.

wolverine wasn't meant to be the front man. he's the lead guitarist. the breakout star, but not the face of the band. cyclops was always the lead singer.

And yet, that Wolverine lead x-men cartoon was one of the best one. It's criminally underrated and a gotdamn shame it only had 1 season, specially where they were going with it closing off.