State your unpopular comic book character opinion

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Storm being more popular than wonderwoman. :mjlol:

I love any black character getting shine, but that statement is just Ridiculous. Wonder Woman will always be the most popular female in fiction. A lot of people just won't admit that they hate DC because they excel their expectations and they broken the "lame" image.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
People overstate Storm's popularity she can't even hold a solo comic above cancellation line for 5 issues where as you have several DC female characters that are selling good even some Marvel.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
we arent talking about sales.

When was the last time that Superman, THE most recognized comic book character in the history of the medium, had the highest selling comic? Or a movie that wasn't outsold by his comic book contemporaries?

when was the last time that Storm had a book of her own that lasted more than 12 issues?

Do you see how irrelevant your bringing up something like "sales" is?

Selling less or more of anything doesn't make something better or less than good.

You DO realize all that stuff "dressed like Superman" is there because of it's iconic brand recognition, REGARDLESS to how it sells....

:heh: right?
Superman is the 3rd highest selling Solo character after Batman and Spider-Man on the average.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
On the topic of Supergirl, I actually liked the Peter David run of the comic, even if that got her continuity confusing almost to Donna Troy's levels. All that stuff with her being an angel, the horse dude, the child god, etc., was so wacky it was awesome... at least for me.

Booster Gold should have more prominence. Give him his comic back, his last book was great. And that resolution he and the rest of JLI got at the end of Generation Lost was absolute garbage.

I liked the Thomas Jane's Punisher movie. It's not as gritty as Dirty Laundry, but I think it was an acceptable version of the Garth Ennis story, even if it changed the villain. If Marvel considers having the character on the Cinematic Universe, it would be great if they use Jane, but that kind of thing rarely, if never, happens.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Superman is the 3rd highest selling Solo character after Batman and Spider-Man on the average.

Not in the past 20 years. Wolverine, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, and Johns's GL have been ahead of his book more regularly. He is the most known Superhero ever, but notoriety isn't the same as popularity.

Cats doubting Storm need to realize not only is she arguably the most popular female in comics (Remember she outright beat Wonder Woman in a popularity contest in Marvel vs. DC) but she is the most known minority character too. She was a bigger name (maybe still is) than even Black Panther.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Not in the past 20 years. Wolverine, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, and Johns's GL have been ahead of his book more regularly. He is the most known Superhero ever, but notoriety isn't the same as popularity.

Cats doubting Storm need to realize not only is she arguably the most popular female in comics (Remember she outright beat Wonder Woman in a popularity contest in Marvel vs. DC) but she is the most known minority character too. She was a bigger name (maybe still is) than even Black Panther.
Superman's solo sells better than all those books right now minus Harley Quinn which is dropping in sales anyway, Superman will be selling more than that in a few months. Storm has a strong online fan base but it has never translated into sales for any of her books, She may be the most popular black character mainstream wise but I can name at least 5 black characters that sell better than her (BP, John Stewart, Steel, Miles Morales and Luke Cage just off the top of my head).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Image Comics is severely underrated. probably is the best company right now.

like, skimming through Axis just hurts my brain the same way reading AvX did a couple years back. its just drivel. u look at it for the pretty art or if u got a fav character in there who might say something 'funny'.

but reading East of West tho... :whoo::whew::ohlawd:

just engrossing, stimulating, epic storytelling. It's that shyt where u get cozy and comfortable for b/c u finna give it ur undivided attention. Would recommend it to anyone.

Rat Queens is another gem, a comedy fantasy that's got great art and characters. that lil midget girl is adorable

Nail Biter, horror mystery is cool.

The Mara 5 issue mini from a couple years back was pretty good too

The Wickied + The Divine is interesting.

Walking Dead was great but it fell off for me. The Negan thing dragged on waaay too long and i just lost interest in the book. It just seems directionless now

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I also think they've made a total waste of the Spawn character.
Its like they tried so hard to make him so different from the typical marvel or dc hero that it just became a hot mess. or like those talks from a few years ago about making a movie where he'd just be a supernatural phenomena that u never actually see and the focus is really on the detectives.. like what the fuk? :what:

Spawn always looked like a cross between batman, doctor strange and the punisher to me. So, maybe a bit out there, but I always wished they''d just reboot it and go a more conventional route with him... i.e. just let him keep his face/human appearance from jump (and not that ugly bug eye shyt or looking like someone else)... have it where his wife/friends/family just couldn't recognize his face or voice because of the curse.. and he rebuilds his life into something lucrative but takes on a batman/blade (or punisher) type role against a very dr. strange/supernatural type rogue gallery.. with all the god/devil stuff kept a little more ambiguous.

i know i know, classic superhero origin shyt 101.. but i feel it'd make al and spawn more accessible and sustainable.. esp if a focus was made on developing him a supporting cast and rogue gallery to compliment both al's day job and spawn's night one.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

She really is a borderline Iconic character, but she'll never get the shine.

Since I'm in here, here's something for everybody else here:

the true Iconic characters are

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Wonder Woman

Discuss. :troll:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wolverine died wack

4161600-4.jpg

4161599-5.jpg

:camby:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
She really is a borderline Iconic character, but she'll never get the shine.

Since I'm in here, here's something for everybody else here:

the true Iconic characters are

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Wonder Woman

Discuss. :troll:

Add Hulk, Captain America, Flash, Thing, Cyclops and Storm to that list too

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
dude was like he thought that wolvie dying after fighting an army of enemies or like ninjas because we've seen it a million times before and it would be cliche.

with that said, he died wack
Good writing makes cliches seem original. They had a million villains or heroes that could have dusted him off. Instead, he gets an adamentium bath. :camby: Lemme guess, them healing factor rejuvenators will bring him back to life or. he'll be in his coffin slowly regenerating into the new and improved wolverine.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Good writing makes cliches seem original. They had a million villains or heroes that could have dusted him off. Instead, he gets an adamentium bath. :camby: Lemme guess, them healing factor rejuvenators will bring him back to life or. he'll be in his coffin slowly regenerating into the new and improved wolverine.

yep!