Starting point

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
2yy387s.png

1zzrryp.png

Couple of updated pics. Doing a lot more strength based training at the moment and and feeling great. I've always been a high rep guy and never really enjoyed or really tried doing lower rep stuff. There is something very satisfying when deadlifting/squating some heavy ass weight. I always used to love the 'pump' but I'm definitley starting to favour a more powerlifting style as opposed to bodybuilding. Definitely what my body needed to help improve strength and also has helped maintain my motivation for the gym as we all know it can become easy to be complacement and repeat workouts till they make you sick.

Keep smashing it brehs, the winter is here but Summer 2015's body starts NOW!!!!

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I've been going to the gym for only 3 weeks, and I've already noticed some gains after taking a picture today, and comparing it to how I looked pre-working out :huhldup:. It's definitely a good feeling and it gives you that motivation to keep going :salute:

2yy387s.png

1zzrryp.png

Couple of updated pics. Doing a lot more strength based training at the moment and and feeling great. I've always been a high rep guy and never really enjoyed or really tried doing lower rep stuff. There is something very satisfying when deadlifting/squating some heavy ass weight. I always used to love the 'pump' but I'm definitley starting to favour a more powerlifting style as opposed to bodybuilding. Definitely what my body needed to help improve strength and also has helped maintain my motivation for the gym as we all know it can become easy to be complacement and repeat workouts till they make you sick.

Keep smashing it brehs, the winter is here but Summer 2015's body starts NOW!!!!
Good job mayn.

What do you do for shoulders? I've been seeing gains in my back, as well as chest and bi's, but my shoulders are lagging like a b*tch.

Any exercises you recommend?

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
I've been going to the gym for only 3 weeks, and I've already noticed some gains after taking a picture today, and comparing it to how I looked pre-working out :huhldup:. It's definitely a good feeling and it gives you that motivation to keep going :salute:

Good job mayn.

What do you do for shoulders? I've been seeing gains in my back, as well as chest and bi's, but my shoulders are lagging like a b*tch.

Any exercises you recommend?

I'm old school mate so shoulder presses all the way. I'll train shoulders once a week and it's usually very high volume. Usually minimum of 10x10/12 shoulder press (on machine as I control the weight better and feel more stimulation as opposed to when I use dumbbells). If it feels good I'll do more. Then once I've finished up that I'll spend 30 mins just filling them up with blood with some lighter exercises like front raises using the cable cross over, upright rows, rear flyes. Also should note when I perform shoulder presses I really focus on the eccentric (lowering) part of the lift, typically about 4/5 seconds per rep with an explosive press. My rep tempo is usually a 1 second explosive push with no 'lock-out' (I keep slight bend in elbows, never fully extend as this gives a brief rest and takes tension off deltoids) then a 4/5 second lower with no pause at the bottom. I also make sure my elbows are at a 90 degree angle- I've found a lot of guys lower the bar/handles/dumbbells when doing presses which takes stress off deltoids which is what we wanna hit.

MCMLXXIX

Rookie
Daps
Thanks all for the motivation.

I'm really in the gym for once in my life. Monday - Friday and once on the weekend. I'm finally down over 15lbs, but I have a long, long, long way to go. In the past, once I hit a 15lbs weight loss, that was it, could not got past that.

I ruptured my Achilles in March. I'm walking a lot because it really helps with the injury, but I can't do all that bouncing around or my foot is like....WTF is this, no ma'am. So in the pool I go.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
First day in the gym tomorrow after 9 and a half months. I lost all my gains, got fat AF and i'm pretty much starting over but at least i have more experience and knowledge this time, can't wait to start going in again.

Being 19 and swole >>>>
No one should be this :flabbynsick: when they just turned 20:mjcry:

Thanks all for the motivation.

I'm really in the gym for once in my life. Monday - Friday and once on the weekend. I'm finally down over 15lbs, but I have a long, long, long way to go. In the past, once I hit a 15lbs weight loss, that was it, could not got past that.

I ruptured my Achilles in March. I'm walking a lot because it really helps with the injury, but I can't do all that bouncing around or my foot is like....WTF is this, no ma'am. So in the pool I go.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/random-gym-thoughts-revisited.867/page-233

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
u mind postin a update i dnt think I've seen ur recent progression, only pic i seen was in the op
No I'll post when I'm ready :rudy:

Never been shy about posting pics but I haven't been in the gym much. That over time been good and I got off schedule :manny:

Since my initial weight lost I haven't gained but haven't lost.

I'll be back

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
No I'll post when I'm ready :rudy:

Never been shy about posting pics but I haven't been in the gym much. That over time been good and I got off schedule :manny:

Since my initial weight lost I haven't gained but haven't lost.

I'll be back
k