Startin to question God ngl

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
God never said that energy was on the deep

He "said": "and the Earth was formless and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the wind of God was hovering over the face of the waters"
Respectfully, I don’t look to the Bible as an authoritative text, so I don’t want to enter a conversation under any illusions of my personal beliefs regarding the book.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Respectfully, I don’t look to the Bible as an authoritative text, so I don’t want to enter a conversation under any illusions of my personal beliefs regarding the book.
but you assumed:

"i guess our physical form is finite" but "energy is another story"

what makes you sure its not the other way around..

"And a mist went up that watered the whole face of the ground, and God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul"

so its not the energy in the dust that gives you life...but the breath of God

giphy.gif

@Koichos correct me if i'm wrong in this interpretation

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
whoever made this completely took those passages out of their context
The passages themselves are out of context. They weren't written for people 2000 years in the future. The people who wrote and designed the Bible genuinely believed Jesus was returning within their lifetime. The modern, popular, allegorical version of Christianity would be seen as blasphemy to early Christian writers. Hell some of the early Church leaders are considered heretics by their later Christian predecessors.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The passages themselves are out of context. They weren't written for people 2000 years in the future. The people who wrote and designed the Bible genuinely believed Jesus was returning within their lifetime. The modern, popular, allegorical version of Christianity would be seen as blasphemy to early Christian writers. Hell some of the early Church leaders are considered heretics by their later Christian predecessors.
most of those passages are from the old testament, and are still applicable but the narrator simply does not understand what hes even reading.

but RE: the new testament what do you mean "allegorical version" :jbhmm:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
but you assumed:

"And a mist went up that watered the whole face of the ground, and God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul"

giphy.gif

The soul was always present, but needed the breathe of life to be activated in the physical body. Not the other way around.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The soul was always present, but needed the breathe of life to be activated in the physical body. Not the other way around.
thats not what the good book says, it says a man "became" a living soul

not mankind always was

just meditating on this has alluded to a hidden gender battle happenin on the second page :wow:

as I said to another person in this thread, what were you before you were born?

for context on what im meditating on if you have the patience for it. This specific line here:

Isaiah 47:3

3 Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

the donkey? :wtf:
Gustav_Jaeger_Bileam_Engel.jpg

1200px-Fran%C3%A7ois-Joseph_Navez_-_Agar_et_Isma%C3%ABl_dans_le_d%C3%A9sert_%28cropped%29.jpg

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thats not what the good book says, it says a man "became" a living soul

not mankind always was

just meditating on this has alluded to a hidden gender battle happenin on the second page :wow:

as I said to another person in this thread, what were you before you were born?

for context on what im meditating on if you have the patience for it. This specific line here:

Isaiah 47:3

the donkey? :wtf:
Gustav_Jaeger_Bileam_Engel.jpg

1200px-Fran%C3%A7ois-Joseph_Navez_-_Agar_et_Isma%C3%ABl_dans_le_d%C3%A9sert_%28cropped%29.jpg
So before man became a living soul, that would mean the soul was lifeless, but it was there like newly built home that hasn’t yet been moved into.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So before man became a living soul, that would mean the soul was lifeless, but it was there like newly built home that hasn’t yet been moved into.
science seems to echo my answer

33bc3d7f370249e5414b656b71b90f9a.gif

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
but you assumed:

giphy.gif

See notes i, ii and iii here.

• Dap

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Nothing wrong with that. The truth is no one alive really knows the answers when it comes to that type of stuff.

Last edited:
  • Dap

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Stay in the word and don't get bogged down by the trivialities of this existence because it will pass.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re an already an atheist in respect to all the thousands of gods invented by man. Take the final step in respect to the mythological character from the Levant known as Yahweh.