Stars, coaches and media shyt on diluted 90s NBA, in real time

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
You came out of retirement for this? You’re better than going back and forth with Jordan stans and 90’s nostalgics.

And it’s football season

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I said this in real time.

The drop off from 80s play was so obvious. MJ was potpourri masking the stretch of shyt.

In no 80s universe would John Starks be a number two option
I use to root Jordan and the Bulls.

I was thankful no other team had a 2nd scoring option like Pippen.

Daps
You better go back and read your post sir.

Sir, I went up and down explaining to you that these "new" school players coming into the league in the 90s would not make the roster, nor some of them would not play. I literally been preaching this in this other thread. You came in saying how Luka at 17, 18, and 19, dominated grown men over where he's at. etc. I then told yo goofy ass that Luka at that age 17, 18, 19 would not dominate those grown dudes from the 90s. Luka coming into the league in the 90s, would not even reach his peak.

You vouch for Luka doing all this at 17, 18, 19, to prove your point how you stood on Luka being dominate in the 90s.

Don't back pedal now nikka, yo ass sat here all weekend riding Luka ass on how he would do this and that at X age. Now when I ask yo goofy ass a direct question that makes sense, you wanna clam the fukk up talking bout some strawman shyt,, now I just brought your bullshyt ass thoughts to reality.
This is what happens when you debate in bad faith. You lose track of all the bullshyt you post, leading you to create strawman arguments up in your head, because you're desperately clutching at straws on a topic you have no business in discussing.

You initially brought up Kobe averaging 8 ppg in his rookie season as reference to state that Steph and Luka wouldn't be shyt during that period.

I pointed out that Kobe averaging 8 ppg was not indiciative of his actual ability, it was because he was the youngest guard ever drafted, only had HS experience and was behind two established starting guards - this dictated his role on the team during his rookie season. Now, his situation coming into the league is completely irrelevant to Steph (who played three years of college) and Luka (who played three years of professional ball). Not only were Steph and Luka both older when they were drafted, but they had a ton more experience.

I questioned you at the time, asking why would you use Kobe as an example for Steph and Luka where they had completely different timelines coming into the league, and like you've done all throughout this exchanged, you ignored it.

Me bringing up the fact that Luka was dominating grown men before being drafted was illustrating to you the difference in experience in relation to Kobe's, and that his experience dealing with the physicality of grown men in a professional league is one of the main reasons why his transition into the NBA was as effortless as it was. In typical fashion, you ended up twisting that point into accusing me of saying a 17-year-old Luka would beat x-NBA playoff team. Now, regardless of Luka being capable or not of beating a NBA playoff team, why would you possibly believe that's of any relevance? When are 17-year-olds ever expected to win playoff series' in the NBA? Why are you taking a 17-year-old version of Luka and not the 19-year-old version of when he was drafted? Why are you centering this argument around what rookies would do?

Just as I exposed your delusion around your perception of grown ass men in the 90s, asking how did cats like Michael Adams (5'10" and 150lbs soaking wet), Terrell Brandon, Mark Price etc all manage to be successful during the 90s? How did Reggie Miller's string bean ass manage to survive the 90s and be one of the best 2s?, and yet, once again, you completely ignored it.

Michael Adams' midget ass and Reggie Miller's string bean ass were all tough enough to have successful careers during the 90s, but players of today who're bigger, stronger and have more a physical style of play suddenly wouldn't survive during that period? How does that make sense to you?
Would a Rook Joker dominate a Karl Malone or David Robinson?
Would a rookie MJ dominate a prime Bron?

I guess that must mean MJ wouldn't be shyt in today's league according to your reasoning.
Sir, I went up and down explaining to you that these "new" school players coming into the league in the 90s would not make the roster, nor some of them would not play.
I gotta bring it back to this real quick.

This really demonstrates your complete lack of awareness.

In a thread where it's obviously pointed out that the expansion era of the 90s, where it added six teams over eight years, diluted the product; that means that players who weren't good enough to make rotations and/or rosters actually ended up playing because those new teams needed new players, and the existing teams needed new players to replace the existing players who went to the new teams.

Essentially, you had a whole lot of players during the 90s who wouldn't have played if they didn't add six new teams.

And yet here your dumbass is saying, that players of today are so bad, that they wouldn't even beat out players who weren't even good enough to play in the league in the 90s until it added six new teams, despite the talent pool being infinitely deeper now.

What you're arguing makes no theoretical or practical sense.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Maybe because he viewed themselves being that much better than everyone else :yeshrug:

I wonder why nobody shytted on previous eras until someone knew he couldn't catch up with someone else unless he did so? Kareem could have easily shyt on Russell since he played on a stack team when the league only had 8 or so teams but he didn't. Only until this generation did people start going to the past and attempt to diminish the past to prop up the present.

If you wanna count Bird saying that, then count Tracy McGrady and Charles Barkley saying the 2010's were watered down:

And since this is what its really about:

michael-jordan-vs-kobe-bryant-vs-lebron-james-who-beat-more-60-win-and-50-win-teams-in-the-nba-playoffs.webp

Oops :mjlol:

@Gil Scott-Heroin is a Warriors fan you delusional motherfukker :dahell:

Thread has nothing to do with Bron but you brought him up :dead:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin is a Warriors fan you delusional motherfukker :dahell:

Thread has nothing to do with Bron but you brought him up :dead:

Like you who capes for Lebron, this is a cape for Lebron take. Nobody was downing former generations to prop up current ones till Lebron's folk started saying the former eras were plumbers or start trying to reconfigure accomplishments others achieved as undeserved. Play dumb all you want, that's the hidden agenda behind this which is why its mostly Klutch crodies

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like you who capes for Lebron, this is a cape for Lebron take. Nobody was downing former generations to prop up current ones till Lebron's folk started saying the former eras were plumbers or start trying to reconfigure accomplishments others achieved as undeserved. Play dumb all you want, that's the hidden agenda behind this which is why its mostly Klutch crodies
My goodness. You gotta be very young because this isn't even close to being true.

At all.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
This is what happens when you debate in bad faith. You lose track of all the bullshyt you post, leading you to create strawman arguments up in your head, because you're desperately clutching at straws on a topic you have no business in discussing.

You initially brought up Kobe averaging 8 ppg in his rookie season as reference to state that Steph and Luka wouldn't be shyt during that period.

I pointed out that Kobe averaging 8 ppg was not indiciative of his actual ability, it was because he was the youngest guard ever drafted, only had HS experience and was behind two established starting guards - this dictated his role on the team during his rookie season. Now, his situation coming into the league is completely irrelevant to Steph (who played three years of college) and Luka (who played three years of professional ball). Not only were Steph and Luka both older when they were drafted, but they had a ton more experience.

I questioned you at the time, asking why would you use Kobe as an example for Steph and Luka where they had completely different timelines coming into the league, and like you've done all throughout this exchanged, you ignored it.

Me bringing up the fact that Luka was dominating grown men before being drafted was illustrating to you the difference in experience in relation to Kobe's, and that his experience dealing with the physicality of grown men in a professional league is one of the main reasons why his transition into the NBA was as effortless as it was. In typical fashion, you ended up twisting that point into accusing me of saying a 17-year-old Luka would beat x-NBA playoff team. Now, regardless of Luka being capable or not of beating a NBA playoff team, why would you possibly believe that's of any relevance? When are 17-year-olds ever expected to win playoff series' in the NBA? Why are you taking a 17-year-old version of Luka and not the 19-year-old version of when he was drafted? Why are you centering this argument around what rookies would do?

Just as I exposed your delusion around your perception of grown ass men in the 90s, asking how did cats like Michael Adams (5'10" and 150lbs soaking wet), Terrell Brandon, Mark Price etc all manage to be successful during the 90s? How did Reggie Miller's string bean ass manage to survive the 90s and be one of the best 2s?, and yet, once again, you completely ignored it.

Michael Adams' midget ass and Reggie Miller's string bean ass were all tough enough to have successful careers during the 90s, but players of today who're bigger, stronger and have more a physical style of play suddenly wouldn't survive during that period? How does that make sense to you?

I guess that must mean MJ wouldn't be shyt in today's league according to your reasoning.

In a thread where it's obviously pointed out that the expansion era of the 90s, where it added six teams over eight years, diluted the product; that means that players who weren't good enough to make rotations and/or rosters actually ended up playing because those new teams needed new players, and the existing teams needed new players to replace the existing players who went to the new teams.

Essentially, you had a whole lot of players during the 90s who wouldn't have played if they didn't add six new teams.

And yet here your dumbass is saying, that players of today are so bad, that they wouldn't even beat out players who weren't even good enough to play in the league in the 90s until it added six new teams, despite the talent pool being infinitely deeper now.

Would Rook MJ dominate Bron? Playing in today's game with their rules Yes. Break it down like how you did with everything else, using minutes, shots per game, the many dribbles it would take to score, you did all of that to prove your point about how Luka scored his points, how A.I. wouldn't attempt his shots etc, but when it comes to using your statements and just simply putting them in a grinder test, you wanna flip "like you did the Karl Malone and Joker comparison and just say some dumb shyt on top of it" Break it down how Karl wouldn't do x, y, and z,

Using your parameters and variables that you like to use, In this current Era with the freedom of movement, A Rook MJ would dominate a prime Bron, MJ quickness will be too much for Bron, MJ can create his own shot, MJ is much quicker off the dribble, Bron was never and has never been a good 1 on 1 defender, that's why he started the whole ducking superstars, he never matched up the entire game on an opponent superstar.

I asked your goofy ass if Luka 18, 19 would put up points against a 1993 New York Team and you still haven't answered it, You made it seem like Luka would be doing x, y, and z if he came into the league at that age, so what I did was test out that dumb ass take you mentioned,

What 18 year dominated against the NY Knicks in 1993?? No fukking body but yet you sat yo ass up there the whole weekend talking about how Luka will do this and do that at a young age.

I told the other poster, Kobe rook year he only averages 8 points again, regardless how you look at it, he average 8 points,

You just strenghten my point, if he was limited to a role, WHAT THE fukk DO YOU THINK THOSE OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE LIMITED TO??? Those other players in this league, may NOT EVEN fukkING PLAY DUMB DUMB.

You think a 17, 18-year-old Luka will get to put up 10-20 shots a game??

Do you think a Rook Steph will get to put up 10- 20 shots a game over 82 games in the 90s?

These rooks would NOT have the green light, so if that's the case and they are in a limited role, HOW THE fukk WILL THEY DOMINATE ANYTHING IN THE 90s Goofy??

I haven't even factor in the RULES and other parameters such as 1-3 dribbles and you have to get up off the ball, the quality of shots, etc,

IT was a different game in the 90s, nikkas are not putting up 20-23 shots per game in a 82 game season unless your name was MJ

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Gil is on point here :francis:

When the league expanded and added the Magic, Hornets and Timberwolves people said the league was watered down

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Now you mentioned Expansion Teams,

Shut up breh, the product wasn't diluted, that's your opinion. ALL teams replace players, bring in ALL type of players, players who played and players who did not play on other teams to fill in their roster. That shyt you're saying now is what you wanna interject yourself to try and better your stance.

Other players were already playing on other teams, what are you even talking about?

Toronto and Vancouver were added in 1995-1996, if Luka and Step comes out as Rooks, they have to beat out the players that sat the bench on other teams and also beat out the players that these teams will draft from college. Look at that draft class in 95 and 96 and who on that board, A SR college Step or an 17, 18 year old Luka is hoping over in "real" time
Don't use your mind and compare their careers NOW, no, no no, use the hype that the players coming into that draft had, the numbers, the notoriety that these college players had coming into those drafts vs the notoriety that Steph had heading out of Davidson and that 18 year old Luka had oversees and let us know if they even get drafted. fukk No

A rookie steph coming from Davidson in 1995 is NOT getting drafted in that 1995 draft class, nor that 1996 draft class.
A rookie Luka coming from across seas in 1995 is NOT getting draft ahead of NOBODY in that 1995 draft class, nor that 1996 draft class

See what I like to do is put things in order, I wanna go through the whole process and let you see what the fukk it is, Davidson Step entering into the 1995 draft class coming from Davidson is not going to any Expansion Team nor is Overseas 17, 18-year-old Luka,

He won't be picked high in the drafts, that's the first thing, and two, in the 90s, Blue Blood schools were the schools that sent college players to the NBA.

So again, if we line everything up like it's supposed to be, Steph nor Luka wouldn't even get drafted in that 1995 or 1996 class. There wouldn't even be a Steph or Luka, but for shyts and giggles, Steph "rook" and Luka 17-year-old, 18-year-old, would have to beat out grown men to make the roster to ANY Team, because they would NOT be drafted going off by what they did in college at the time.

I'm not talking about 4 championship Step or Luke NOW, I'm starting from them entering into college and them coming outta of college.. Let's put shyt into order and see how shyt will be, which is what I did in the thread already.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Gil is on point here :francis:

When the league expanded and added the Magic, Hornets and Timberwolves people said the league was watered down

Water down.

Let's go with that then, so tell me, like I asked him, looking at those draft classes, using Davidson Steph and a 17, 18-year-old Luka, What team in real time in those years where the new teams came into play is taking these two players or any current players?

Use the notoriety and hype of the player that these 90s teams drafted in real time, meaning, Will the Magic not take Shaq and draft Steph coming out of Davidson?? Will the Magic not take Penny and use their draft pick and draft a Davidson Steph??

The league is watered down, and buddy wants to make it seem like anybody can get drafted and make a team, so let's see.

Put your GM hat on and let's see.

With all that's said about the league being shytty, you still have to 'draft' players, good players were still drafted by those teams, so now I wanna dive deeper, would any of these players, Tatum, Brown, Lillard, Westbrook etc be drafted over the players that these expansion teams in the 90s.

Are you passing up on a HS Kevin Garnett to take a Davidson Curry? in 1995? Let's see if what breh is saying pans the fukk out

Take Jalen Brown's college career, Tatum, Steph, Luka 17 year old, college career and drop it off in the 90s and compare that shyt with the players in those draft classes, plus the notoriety and ask yourself will teams draft any of these current players over the players that they took in real time

Are you