Stars, coaches and media shyt on diluted 90s NBA, in real time

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I said this in real time.

The drop off from 80s play was so obvious. MJ was potpourri masking the stretch of shyt.

In no 80s universe would John Starks be a number two option

Who is the Knicks number two option todays current superhero era? :mjgrin:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Rodman went to north korea and became friends with kim jongman, I don't trust anything that man says, he must be an agent :mjpls: :troll:

Daps
Demar Derozan and Paul George said there are 70-100 nba players right now that are ass.

That’s damn near 20% of the league .

It’s almost like nba players say this kind of thing a lot .
They sure do.

Which is why cats believing this shyt about how NBA players' (past and present) opinions shouldn't be questioned, because they played the game and know more about it than anyone is just that, it's bullshyt. Players have their own agendas and biases, and like every other human they can say one thing one minute, but then in the next breath, they can do a 180 and have the opposite opinion. They can lie, they can stretch the truth, they can be misinformed etc.

It seems lost on a lot of folks on here that players are humans just like the rest of us. They're not some robotic, walking wikipedias of the game, who only speak objectively about it.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
80's was closer to the modern game than the 90's :sas2:
You’re correct. So much more ball movement in that era and better quality. The way the obviously fell off from the decade prior 90s ball was type trash.

Yet it’s 2024 and niqqas still talking about the 1993 Knicks? :scust:

Daps
He'll skip right over this.

He thinks a Luka at 17 or 18 could beat the 1993 NY team :mjlol:

I asked that bozo to name the 17 year old - 20 year old that were putting up 20 points against the 1993 NY team.

He loves to research and pull of articles that fit his stance but become Stevie Wonder when logic goes against the bullshyt he post.

Breh is a whole stuttering loser
This is a strawman.

I literally did not state or even insinuate anything that could possibly resemble this statement, nor do I care for whatever nonsense you've created in your head to explain away your complete lack of understanding of the game. The fact you'd make this up tells me all I need to know about you. And you have the cotdamn nerve to accuse me of posting bullshyt?

Have some self-respect and walk off the floor. The game is over. You can't roll back the scoreboard. You're done.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Man chill out

Has any NBA player repeated what you said or feel that way, someone who has actual played against the team??

Where did you get that information from?? A reporter or you made that up/feeel that way?
Niqqa, I don’t give a fukk. I sat there and watched the Knicks and Pacers squads literally go minutes without making a field goal and Marv Albert clearly saying “and that is the Knicks first field goal since 11 minutes and 25 seconds in this quarter.”

That shyt was disgusting. Pure trash. Yall can keep that bullshyt team….

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
This is a strawman.

I literally did not state or even insinuate anything that could possibly resemble this statement, nor do I care for whatever nonsense you've created in your head to explain away your complete lack of understanding of the game. The fact you'd make this up tells me all I need to know about you. And you have the cotdamn nerve to accuse me of posting bullshyt?

Have some self-respect and walk off the floor. The game is over. You can't roll back the scoreboard. You're done.

You better go back and read your post sir.

Sir, I went up and down explaining to you that these "new" school players coming into the league in the 90s would not make the roster, nor some of them would not play. I literally been preaching this in this other thread. You came in saying how Luka at 17, 18, and 19, dominated grown men over where he's at. etc. I then told yo goofy ass that Luka at that age 17, 18, 19 would not dominate those grown dudes from the 90s. Luka coming into the league in the 90s, would not even reach his peak.

You vouch for Luka doing all this at 17, 18, 19, to prove your point how you stood on Luka being dominate in the 90s.

Don't back pedal now nikka, yo ass sat here all weekend riding Luka ass on how he would do this and that at X age. Now when I ask yo goofy ass a direct question that makes sense, you wanna clam the fukk up talking bout some strawman shyt,, now I just brought your bullshyt ass thoughts to reality.

Would a Rook Joker dominate a Karl Malone or David Robinson?

Talking bout Joker is seeing Prime Shaq nikka your takes are trash.

You know good and gotdayum well Luka ass aint even gettin into a game at 17, 18, in the 90s era with that slow ass shyt he's bringing

Yea you right, I'm done, too fukking easy.

You don't need to reply breh. We done. I just wanted to let yo goofy ass see that Bullshyt played out in reality.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Niqqa, I don’t give a fukk. I sat there and watched the Knicks and Pacers squads literally go minutes without making a field goal and Marv Albert clearly saying “and that is the Knicks first field goal since 11 minutes and 25 seconds in this quarter.”

That shyt was disgusting. Pure trash. Yall can keep that bullshyt team….

nikka that doesn't explain shyt about your shytty take you just made about what you responded to me about, but ok.

Boy yall nikkas man smh. Sad.

NYC Rebel

Daps
nikka that doesn't explain shyt about your shytty take you just made about what you responded to me about, but ok.

Boy yall nikkas man smh. Sad.
What’s shytty? Watching Starks as a number two option was shytty.

Watching the Mavs Ronaldo Blackman was a number two option years prior proved how much the league fell off.

Who the fukk are you to tell me that I didn’t see the quality of NBA ball drop off from the 80s to the 90s? I saw that shyt. I said that shyt real time.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What’s shytty? Watching Starks as a number two option was shytty.

Watching the Mavs Ronaldo Blackman was a number two option years prior proved how much the league fell off.

Who the fukk are you to tell me that I didn’t see the quality of NBA ball drop off from the 80s to the 90s? I saw that shyt. I said that shyt real time.

Ok breh lol smh

NYC Rebel

Daps
Ok breh lol smh
What do you mean “ok?”

You had an old ass Rolando Blackman on the squad. The younger Dallas Mavericks version was better.

You had old ass Derek Harper on the squad. The younger Dallas Mavericks version was better.

You had old ass Doc Rivers on the squad. The younger Atlanta Hawks version was better.

All on the 93 Knicks.

Are you REALLY telling me I’m wrong? That team being talked about 31 years later… Man please. That shyt was trash. I said that shyt back then.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What do you mean “ok?”

You had an old ass Rolando Blackman on the squad. The younger Dallas Mavericks version was better.

You had old ass Derek Harper on the squad. The younger Dallas Mavericks version was better.

You had old ass Doc Rivers on the squad. The younger Atlanta Hawks version was better.

All on the 93 Knicks.

Are you REALLY telling me I’m wrong? That team being talked about 31 years later… Man please. That shyt was trash. I said that shyt back then.

Made it to the ECF, Finished with a 60-22 record. Won their division.

Yea they were trash breh

NYC Rebel

Daps
Made it to the ECF, Finished with a 60-22 record. Won their division.

Yea they were trash breh
I don’t give a fukk. They made the eastern conference finals in a year that wasn’t shyt. They made the Eastern conference finals with old versions of good players. The only reason the Knicks signed old ass Rolando Blackman was because Michael Jordan said he was the player that best defended him....the 1980s version. That is the only reason they signed his old ass. The only reason. That wasn’t 1988 Rolando who used to cook MJ that they signed. They signed an old man version. Same thing with old man, Derek Harper. And that’s the team we’re talking about in 2024?

ECF 93 <<<< what was in the 80s..

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. They would demolish the 93 Knicks teams and there five minute scoring droughts :scusthov:. I have never seen a team so exaggerated just because “they played the bulls tough.”

:camby:

One of the most overhyped teams ever
Paul George became a superstar because they played Miami tough. Knickerbockers had a better Squad than those Indy teams.