Stargirl Thread - On CW - Season 2 Ongoing Now

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
i really like this show but I cant explain why.

it's ful of the cheesy hope and optimism that DC comics used to be known for.

It's the opposite of Titans and Doom Patrol.

It works.

It's like you're watching a modern version of the 1950's pulp comics. Like The Rocketeer or Sky Captain.

It's very warm and fuzzy.

edit: this isn't the official thread, is it?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was wondering where the thread was for this.
it's ful of the cheesy hope and optimism that DC comics used to be known for.

It's the opposite of Titans and Doom Patrol.

It works.
Pretty much why it works for me. But come season 2 and 3, is where it usually gets sticky.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The fat chic with the goggles is useless

she wont stay useless
I get that Beth is just a nerdy kid at this point but I was annoyed that the Dr. Mid-Nite costume didn't come with some "Blackout Bombs", which was the OG Mid-Nite's main weapon.
aa82_008.png

And they have to get her and Hooty together ASAP!

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
This is surprisingly good or rather probably shouldn't be it's from the DC App rather than CW which I kind of feared this would be more like the CW shows with their forced team drama, ships, usage of twitter speak, and uninspiring costumes and fights. It's fun, hopeful, and nuanced with their villain portrayals...except that bytch cheerleader, the less of her the better.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I get that Beth is just a nerdy kid at this point but I was annoyed that the Dr. Mid-Nite costume didn't come with some "Blackout Bombs", which was the OG Mid-Nite's main weapon.
aa82_008.png

And they have to get her and Hooty together ASAP!

Elizabeth Chapel (New Earth)

Once they go to JSA headquarters and she gets the owl... who knows what will happen

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Elizabeth Chapel (New Earth)

Once they go to JSA headquarters and she gets the owl... who knows what will happen
I'm a massive JSA head (they are my favorite comic book team of all time) so I want to see them really make this work because I'm enjoying seeing these characters and the legacy being on live-action TV.

So I'm hoping Pat gets them into boot camp and trains them up to be legit heroes that won't keep getting owned by the ISA.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I’ve recorded it every week but just can’t start to watch them for whatever reason

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm a massive JSA head (they are my favorite comic book team of all time) so I want to see them really make this work because I'm enjoying seeing these characters and the legacy being on live-action TV.

So I'm hoping Pat gets them into boot camp and trains them up to be legit heroes that won't keep getting owned by the ISA.

How much you wanna bet that black football kid gets the thunderbolt

edit: matter of fact, who's left? :ohhh:

you think they'll dodge having another "Flash" by having Johnny Quick's speed formula in Rex's notebook somewhere?

But then... Johns said there's NO easter eggs and they got plans for EVERYTHING we gawking at. So

Last edited: