Starfiled was the only single player game among the 10 most played for 2023

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ummm isn't the game from the start about space exploration? The main story quest seems like a tutorial, while the game welcomes "stumble upon". I get it, the hype was a mess but I'm actually entertained by the game. It just seems like gamers want these high expectations, and take games for granted.

And then many moons later.... "Was Starfield really Dat Bad?!?"

Like rinse, wash and repeat with gamers. It's boring man.

again, the issue wasn't about the game being bad.

It was hyped to be something incredible and defining for this gen. It wasn't.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
again, the issue wasn't about the game being bad.

It was hyped to be something incredible and defining for this gen. It wasn't.

Isn't that what most outlets do nowadays? Its more on the judgement of a gamer themselves, rather than following the hype machine.

Of course, games are marketed as "the next big thing" when millions of dollars are backing it. Its all on the gamer to take the stance on if it lived up to expectations, or just shut that mindset off and appreciate what the game is allowing.

It's getting to the point when the loud, vocal minority ends up overshadowing the true purpose of the game from the start.

• You have endless things to do in the game
  • Its still being worked on ala Expansion and updates
  • Its buggy but Bethesda things
  • Modding community (which kinda seems weird to me that ALL OF A SUDDEN, PEOPLE HAVE A ISSUE WITH THE MODDING COMMUNITY BEING A FACTOR IN THE SUCCESS OF THE GAME)
  • You got 40 or more hours out of the game (the game did its job)
I'm not understanding the argument of what was hyped up, given that games get hyped up everyday B. Hell Helldrivers is hyped up to the moon and from my perspective I haven't fallen for the hype, given that the concept has been done already...rock and stone:

apps.625.13626568325427111.5219f295-f38f-4199-b81a-6fe1b4e11f8e.f1ba3fc8-f3cb-4a82-b4ee-5d0857034a3c

Yet, I'm not raining on the parade :manny: , because gaming should be fun regardless of the hype.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
That was the shortest article I've ever seen!

I'm also guessing BG3 was counted as a multiplayer game.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Isn't that what most outlets do nowadays? Its more on the judgement of a gamer themselves, rather than following the hype machine.

Of course, games are marketed as "the next big thing" when millions of dollars are backing it. Its all on the gamer to take the stance on if it lived up to expectations, or just shut that mindset off and appreciate what the game is allowing.

It's getting to the point when the loud, vocal minority ends up overshadowing the true purpose of the game from the start.

• Modding community (which kinda seems weird to me that ALL OF A SUDDEN, PEOPLE HAVE A ISSUE WITH THE MODDING COMMUNITY BEING A FACTOR IN THE SUCCESS OF THE GAME)
I'm not understanding the argument of what was hyped up, given that games get hyped up everyday B. Hell Helldrivers is hyped up to the moon and from my perspective I haven't fallen for the hype, given that the concept has been done already...rock and stone:

apps.625.13626568325427111.5219f295-f38f-4199-b81a-6fe1b4e11f8e.f1ba3fc8-f3cb-4a82-b4ee-5d0857034a3c

Yet, I'm not raining on the parade :manny: , because gaming should be fun regardless of the hype.
Nah fam, this was a VERY hyped game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Nah fam, this was a VERY hyped game.

Breh and it lived up to my expectations along with those that copped the game. Of course the honeymoon period is over, as I have seen last night when Sarah became bipolar:

Sarah: "This can't be happening... he was a good explorer and now he's dead"

Also Sarah a second later:

Sarah: "Anything for you SNOOKUM WOOKUMS"

But that didn't stop me or will not stop me from putting more hours into the game. Given that I am working on a outpost in some shytty planet that took me a few days to comb through.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ummm isn't the game from the start about space exploration? The main story quest seems like a tutorial, while the game welcomes "stumble upon". I get it, the hype was a mess but I'm actually entertained by the game. It just seems like gamers want these high expectations, and take games for granted.

And then many moons later.... "Was Starfield really Dat Bad?!?"

Like rinse, wash and repeat with gamers. It's boring man.
Yup, cyberpunk was trash, a disappointment, didn’t live up toe he hype cdpr was trash and liars.

Now cyberpunk is used as ammo to say starfield is all those things.

nikkas crazy :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Don't understand context brehs