Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
How does one fly to thousands of planets without going faster than light? Even in A New Hope it takes Obi Wan, Han, and Luke ages to go from Tatooine to Alderan and that's at light speed. How long will it take an Xbot to go from planet A to planet B while piloting his space hoopty?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I’m not acting like anything. The devs are presenting the game the best they can based on their vision of what they want their world to be.

You guys keep talking about graphics stuff. No amount of turning that stuff off will make the game run at a stable 60fps on series X.

The series S will undoubtedly have lots of that stuff turned off.

If it was as simple as turning that stuff off they already have the series S version they could enable on the X.

It’s not that simple. There’s lots of advanced CPU shyt going on. No amount of reducing the GPU load will make the game run at a stable 60fps.

edit: and next time read and respond to my entire post, as i gave context and explanation throughout.

you taking the first couple sentences and pretending to not see the remaining context is not conducive to productive discourse.
I read.all what you said, I responded to what I felt like. I don't want to see juelzing if DF comes with settings for near 60 FPS on equivalent hardware come September :hubie: .

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wanna hear @levitate post the most. forget that he promos companies that dont pay him. forget that hes a fukking loser that bases his self esteem on a company he isn't employed by .forget that this retard will say "STOCKS" despite any morons being able to open a brokerage account. Im fascinated by this failure of a person(Sony sales dont equal your success lmao, sorry kid.)

lemme hear a "its what we do" post you predictable lemming. while you have fukk all to do with the product released lmao.

@itsyoung!! @Anti-Anime did I lie?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I wanna hear @levitate post the most. forget that he promos companies that dont pay him. forget that hes a fukking loser that bases his self esteem on a company he isn't employed by .forget that this retard will say "STOCKS" despite any morons being able to open a brokerage account. Im fascinated by this failure of a person(Sony sales dont equal your success lmao, sorry kid.)

lemme hear a "its what we do" post you predictable lemming. while you have fukk all to do with the product released lmao.

:picard:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not really. They have accurate real time lighting based on the position of multiple “suns” or light sources

Starfield's lighting will adapt to the planet you're on

None of the aforementioned games are even attempting simulation like this. I don’t even think they have day/night cycles.
Watch the DF video. The main characters are at the table, and they don't reflect off the table. That's low grade in 2023. Not stopping me in any way from playin this classic, but bragging about its lighting ain't it breh.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

It’s what they do (corporate fangirls) :mjgrin:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How does one fly to thousands of planets without going faster than light? Even in A New Hope it takes Obi Wan, Han, and Luke ages to go from Tatooine to Alderan and that's at light speed. How long will it take an Xbot to go from planet A to planet B while piloting his space hoopty?

Folding space drive...:ld:

Warp drive would take too long, and they dont have warp bubble tech... so this will do.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What will you say when three to five months post release it does? :skip:
It wont
Watch the DF video. The main characters are at the table, and they don't reflect off the table. That's low grade in 2023. Not stopping me in any way from playin this classic, but bragging about its lighting ain't it breh.
You talmbout reflections.
:stopitslime:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Respectfully, it’s only “excuses” to you cause your perspective is based on ignorant narratives and hype.

There’s lots of content out there now explaining the situation with this game and next gen games in general.

As always, if you want the best graphics/performance you would already own a PC.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Which ties into lighting. They cut corners, probably out of necessity. It is what it is.

The shadows don't look great either. That not count, too?
Words matter. The fukk be wrong with y’all on here :what:

Lighting is a thing. Reflections are a thing, Shadows are a thing.

If i’m talking about real time lighting simulation, then that’s what i’m talking about, not the damn shadows:stopitslime: