Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
If you’ve played any open world Bethesda game on pc you’d have already known this wasn’t gonna be 60fps locked on console with that engine:mjlol:

Game looks good tho. There’s really nothing as overly ambitious as Starfield’s projected size and scope to make any valid comparisons. For that reason, I expect a couple major flaws in terms of design.

Might buy on steam after the mods start rolling out, but gonna play on gamepass day one first

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Like i said, we gone be able to collect whole ass planets and dudes in here talking about framerate……..

Framerate……

We talkin bout Framerate…….. :aicmon:
The thing people don't see to understand is that this game is pushing the hardware.

They probably could have done canned lighting but then, we wouldn't have this.

Starfield has a brand new lighting system, and it adapts to the planet you're on.

Earlier today at the Starfield Direct, game director Todd Howard gave us a deep dive into Bethesda's new RPG. It turns out there's a brand new, next-gen lighting system in play for Starfield, and it dramatically adapts to the type of world you're on to render the world around you.

Starfield uses "real-time global illusion to light the world," Howard said, while adding that it'd light the world "based on the type of star and its atmosphere." That's a pretty mind-blowing detail, that Bethesda's brand new lighting initiative is going to change depending what type of planet you're on.
This means Starfield's lighting should look pretty different depending on where you're at in the galaxy. If you're on a planet that has toxic fumes for example, we can probably expect the lighting to be blown out and become a lot more intense as a result. It's a pretty neat little feature, and we're looking forward to seeing more of it.

Here is another person from digital foundry

What we would be asking Bethesda to do is to sacrifice the depth of the game for a bullet point. With everything this game is doing, I get it. I wondered aloud yesterday and said, how much does this game cost? It's running like 3-5 average games at once in the background at any time.

Starfield’s art director, Istvan Pely, discusses the connection between the environmental landscape and the agency’s research as he states, “We studied data from NASA and a multitude of other sources to help us make the world feel believable.”
As a result, the team utilized the data to create planetary atmospheres that you can explore, as well as the placement of biomes based on the planet’s distance from the sun. Therefore, players may learn more about the vast space system, thanks to the real-life influence of NASA

I think the thing is, it's like Crysis, but for cpus. Future hardware will push this game further. Again, I'd prefer 60fps but in the case of this game, I understand.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Same as i told y’all a few pages ago. I told y’all i know what i’m talking about.

One day y’all gone start listening to me :manny:

But we’ve been listening to you :jbhmm:

For me it’s the fact that their are so many great experiences available at 60fps and up I’d rather just play those instead of something stuck a 30. Gonna have to be a masterpiece of a game to have me slumming around at 30fps again.

You will inevitably stan a 30fps game on this forum in the near future :mjlol:

You been talking shyt about 30fps games for like 8 years now you switching up, why:jbhmm:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
What? you think they lying when talking about how the game was made and the performance and stuff?

You think digital foundry and other technically minded people are just way off base

You think they just decided “fukk it let’s not do a 60fps mode for fun”

Like what are you even saying here :mindblown:

OIP.f7j7FIhyFWZKba3hPqNOyQHaEG

Sony Ponies today and yesterday

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But we’ve been listening to you :jbhmm:

You been talking shyt about 30fps games for like 8 years now you switching up, why:jbhmm:
I have not switched anything up.
Same.

I do the same shyt every gen. Start off with the consoles then when shyt starts getting janky i always end up back gaming on PC.

I just really prefer playing on consoles, but i ain’t playing this piff at struggle levels :smh:

It’s one thing to say you prefer or even demand 60fps, most of those people know they need to game on PC.

Dudes in here talking about the technical aspects and what the consoles should be able to do. And they have no idea what they are talking about.

I’m 1000% positive @Rekkapryde aint gone sell his PS5 when sony actually makes a next gen game. Y’all just in here clowning as usual :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have not switched anything up.

It’s one thing to say you prefer or even demand 60fps, most of those people know they need to game on PC.

Dudes in here talking about the technical aspects and what the consoles should be able to do. And they have no ideas what they are talking about.

I’m 1000% positive @Rekkapryde aint gone sell his PS5 when sony actually makes a next gen game. Y’all just in here clowning as usual :francis:

You and xbox stan leadership are the ones that gassed up 60fps, not us :hubie:

Yall said xbox series consoles are gonna be doing 4k/60 standard.

94-EEFEF9-87-B0-45-C8-A97-F-DE65-C93-D355-F.jpg

Xbox stan narratives coming back to bite them in the ass now that they actually have to put out games :wow: