Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I was at home yesterday, watching various podcast reactions to this like Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb for example and during the Starfield presentation, everyone was like, how do we review this or what the fukk, this is so much. 40 minutes into the presentation, they were still introducing new features.

At a certain point, the hardware is a limiting factor.
The issue is that it is ultimately a cpu bottleneck.

Things that would affect the cpu.
Gravity physics
Real time lighting and weather
Verticality
Object physics.

You can call it misplaced priorities but this matters.

In contrast, I was playing Tears of the Kingdom yesterday and I left a Zonai rocket on a cliff, only to come back there three minutes later and that fukker was gone, wiped from memory as if it never happened.. To have a true persistent world, something has to give.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was at home yesterday, watching various podcast reactions to this like Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb for example and during the Starfield presentation, everyone was like, how do we review this or what the fukk, this is so much. 40 minutes into the presentation, they were still introducing new features.

At a certain point, the hardware is a limiting factor.
The issue is that it is ultimately a cpu bottleneck.

Things that would affect the cpu.
Gravity physics
Real time lighting and weather
Verticality
Object physics.

You can call it misplaced priorities but this matters.

In contrast, I was playing Tears of the Kingdom yesterday and I left a Zonai rocket on a cliff, only to come back there three minutes later and that fukker was gone, wiped from memory as if it never happened.. To have a true persistent world, something has to give.

Like i said, we gone be able to collect whole ass planets and dudes in here talking about framerate……..

Framerate……

We talkin bout Framerate…….. :aicmon:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Like i said, we gone be able to collect whole ass planets and dudes in here talking about framerate……..

Framerate……

We talkin bout Framerate…….. :aicmon:
So if comparable hardware PCs are able to adjust settings in a reasonable manner and get a higher frame rate out of Starfield then what's your argument going to shift to :aicmon:?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They could but I don't think the trade off is currently worth it on console. I also think they still might drop a 60fps at some point as well.

But the time and resources to get 60 fps and the sacrifices needed to do it would probably have you not even wanting to play it, especially upon release with such high profile coverage.

And even with the PC version if I recall it's just "unlocked" I don't even know if it has a 60 fps mode settings.

60fps for Bethesda open world RPGs have just never been a main focus and until it's really a "standard" meaning consoles and lower to mid end PCs can pull it off with no problems I doubt it ever will be

Ehhh, I still believe they could have done 1440/60 without major compromises on the SX.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So if comparable hardware PCs are able to adjust settings in a reasonable manner and get a higher frame rate out of Starfield then what's your argument going to shift to :aicmon:?
And you know they will have the option.

Game was designed with PC in mind first (which makes sense by the way)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

This argument doesn't make sense because a PC is totally different from locked consoles. You have too many variables such as PC memory/Memory speed/ GPU/GPU ram and CPU.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This argument doesn't make sense because a PC is totally different from locked consoles. You have too many variables such as PC memory/Memory speed/ GPU/GPU ram and CPU.
Like I said, comparable hardware. But even if you take locked hardware plus support from Xbox engineers who knows how the thing tics, do you honestly believe they couldn't get a 60FPS mode going by launch? I know y'all gotta Stan, just like Gizzard and co gotta Stan too, but be straight up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like I said, comparable hardware. But even if you take locked hardware plus support from Xbox engineers who knows how the thing tics, do you honestly believe they couldn't get a 60FPS mode going by launch? I know y'all gotta Stan, just like Gizzard and co gotta Stan too, but be straight up.
What? you think they lying when talking about how the game was made and the performance and stuff?

You think digital foundry and other technically minded people are just way off base

You think they just decided “fukk it let’s not do a 60fps mode for fun”

Like what are you even saying here :mindblown: