Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rekkapryde i’m mad and you the one in here calling names and posting the :pacspit: smiley,

I don’t know why you goofies walk yourselves into these dumb ass corners.

Now as soon as sony decides to make an actual “next gen” game you gone have to come back talmbout how 30fps is just fine.

Damn dummies :mjlol:
Yeah when these 30 fps next generation open world games start dropping :francis:

Or these games that are labeled as 60fps but are really 50-60 and the resolution is poo....

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah when these 30 fps next generation open world games start dropping :francis:

Or these games that are labeled as 60fps but are really 50-60 and the resolution is poo....

Horizon
Even Miles Was

No one said 4k60, a lowered resolution and 60 would be fine

If they can get a.locked 4k30 come obn man

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
nikkas comparing 60FPS of this 2015 game engine
FyXmlxdXsAE0_D2

Starfield: See that terrain you can go over there if you want.

FybPqSJXwAAHU_x

Ponies boys are so shameless

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Horizon
Even Miles Was

No one said 4k60, a lowered resolution and 60 would be fine

Man in all seriousness…. It the grand scheme of things. It won’t matter in a long run.

Barring it some shyt where the games looks like Shenmue 1 or GTA 2/3 and it’s not by choice.

No cares after the first 15-30 minutes once you get immersed in the world of the game and the story.

This discussion is a dead end

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I 100% believe they could have done a 1440p version on the SX. 100%
They could but I don't think the trade off is currently worth it on console. I also think they still might drop a 60fps at some point as well.

But the time and resources to get 60 fps and the sacrifices needed to do it would probably have you not even wanting to play it, especially upon release with such high profile coverage.

And even with the PC version if I recall it's just "unlocked" I don't even know if it has a 60 fps mode settings.

60fps for Bethesda open world RPGs have just never been a main focus and until it's really a "standard" meaning consoles and lower to mid end PCs can pull it off with no problems I doubt it ever will be

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They could but I don't think the trade off is currently worth it on console. I also think they still might drop a 60fps at some point as well.

But the time and resources to get 60 fps and the sacrifices needed to do it would probably have you not even wanting to play it, especially upon release with such high profile coverage.

And even with the PC version if I recall it's just "unlocked" I don't even know if it has a 60 fps mode settings.

60fps for Bethesda open world RPGs have just never been a main focus and until it's really a "standard" meaning consoles and lower to mid end PCs can pull it off with no problems I doubt it ever will be
naw it’s CPU stuff. Don’t have much to do with the visuals.

Series S has a fraction of the GPU X does and it can still play the game at 2k 30fps.

There’s just too much detail/physics/simulations going on for a stable framerate above 30fps. PC dudes gone need a beefy CPU to get 60fps.

I do think they should allow an unlocked or 40fps performance mode on X, but it’s probably all over the place depending on what you are doing and where.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Here's the thing y'all keep trying to forget though, Xbox shot themselves in the foot by pushing 4K60 as the standard this generation. So that's all the Sony stans are going to harp on because there's nothing else worth complaining about with Starfield. Anyone who saw yesterday's presentation and is coming away talking shyt is either a Stan or retarded - take your pick. The game looks and sounds good and the only thing people can nitpick without being hands on is the frame rate, hence why we're here.

It's entirely possible for Bethesda to modify settings in order to get a 60FPS mode available for Series X even if it's not at 4K. That there isn't one already is a questionable call by Bethesda and should be pressed by Xbox.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's entirely possible for Bethesda to modify settings in order to get a 60FPS mode available for Series X even if it's not at 4K. That there isn't one already is a questionable call by Bethesda and should be pressed by Xbox.
That’s not how it works. You can’t just make a decision to have a 60fps mode. The game is built to what the devs want to present.

We’ve gotten used to 60fps modes cause up until recently we’ve been playing games designed for last gen CPUs so it’s been easy for the new gen consoles to squeeze a 60fps mode out of their CPU.

As we are seeing games built for the new gen consoles from the ground up, we are starting to see games that either don’t have a performance mode, or the performance mode struggles to maintain any consistency.

As we get more and more advanced games, only the ones built with 60fps as a priority from jump, will be able to do so on consoles.