Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
starfield is skyrim with thousands of planets and all the features of fallout

I dont see how people are still crying and deflecting

only difference is your ADHD, do you want to walk a country or travel between solar systems and galaxies
Do you understand that your point is literally "It's 10-year-old game design, but more of the stuff people don't like from the publisher and less of the things they do"? Because... that's literally the main knock against the game. It's dated game design that only had the longevity it did due to modders artificially extending it, and the hand-crafted elements people put up with the bad of BGS design for is in lower supply by definition of all those 'thousands of planets' that ultimately have the same 15 dungeon designs spread across them.

Most of those mods also changed the very same features you mentioned to make the game more in line with the times. Without those mods... it's a 10 year old game with some visual polish and a random zone generator.

Daps
Is this worth a cop?
No. I'm so fukking glad I played this on gamepass. Did 25+ hours and never bothered to continue.

I agree with all the flaws people complain about. People probably said it in this thread: the subpar writing, outdated game design, no exploration worth a damn and horrible interface.

My advice at least try it on gamepass before buying it.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Do you understand that your point is literally "It's 10-year-old game design, but more of the stuff people don't like from the publisher and less of the things they do"? Because... that's literally the main knock against the game. It's dated game design that only had the longevity it did due to modders artificially extending it, and the hand-crafted elements people put up with the bad of BGS design for is in lower supply by definition of all those 'thousands of planets' that ultimately have the same 15 dungeon designs spread across them.

Most of those mods also changed the very same features you mentioned to make the game more in line with the times. Without those mods... it's a 10 year old game with some visual polish and a random zone generator.

that would be a you problem

you can say the same for any Zelda game or Everquest/Runescape/WorldofWarcraft etc

sitting and pretending that Morrowwind/Oblivion/Skyrim/Starfield arent the same shyt
or Fallout entire series isnt the same thing over and over proves you only hate the 1 game
you cant make believe classic games in classic best selling categories are only relevant because someone mods some dumb shyt into it

theres a reason they still sell Skyrim on each console and remasters etc VR ... that has nothing to do with mods

pretend that fallout isnt just a location change and minimum feature updates every game

and then complain that taking two pillars of the franchises and combining them with extra options and boundaries is a bad thing

dont even get me started on "15 dungeon designs" did you ever play oblivion or anything skyrim related? fallout is just square and rectangle buildings and hallways... the formula has always been the same. Why hold contempt over 1 game you can avoid... when you have linear cut scene games that are only playable once for 20 hours or bullshyt like spiderman which is the same shyt over and over on rooftops? Its nonsensical to say only 1 game has repetitive design when nearly all games of all time have repetitive design. It would be like me saying "Man, fukk Zelda Breath of The Wild and Tears of Kingdom... I already played Ocarina of Time 2 decades ago!" "I already played NES Zelda, what the fukk I want to explore an open world for? This Zelda shyt is cooked"

That is every game in history my guy... people buy Madden and 2k every year like there's a different way to catch and shoot a ball

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
No. I'm so fukking glad I played this on gamepass. Did 25+ hours and never bothered to continue.

I agree with all the flaws people complain about. People probably said it in this thread: the subpar writing, outdated game design, no exploration worth a damn and horrible interface.

My advice at least try it on gamepass before buying it.
Damn. I don’t understand how they they can mess up the expiration in the game like this that’s crazy to me but thanks for your feedback.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Damn. I don’t understand how they they can mess up the expiration in the game like this that’s crazy to me but thanks for your feedback.

The cities and more detailed points of interest are dope but exploring the procedurally generated planets is where it falls short. It’s still a great RPG overall tho you just gotta focus on the more curated questlines and major areas

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

It's not that they just messed it up but it feels so empty...:ld: things are missing, it's not fun and the story could have been much better...

rdj

Pro
Daps
that would be a you problem

you can say the same for any Zelda game or Everquest/Runescape/WorldofWarcraft etc

sitting and pretending that Morrowwind/Oblivion/Skyrim/Starfield arent the same shyt
or Fallout entire series isnt the same thing over and over proves you only hate the 1 game
you cant make believe classic games in classic best selling categories are only relevant because someone mods some dumb shyt into it

theres a reason they still sell Skyrim on each console and remasters etc VR ... that has nothing to do with mods

pretend that fallout isnt just a location change and minimum feature updates every game

and then complain that taking two pillars of the franchises and combining them with extra options and boundaries is a bad thing

dont even get me started on "15 dungeon designs" did you ever play oblivion or anything skyrim related? fallout is just square and rectangle buildings and hallways... the formula has always been the same. Why hold contempt over 1 game you can avoid... when you have linear cut scene games that are only playable once for 20 hours or bullshyt like spiderman which is the same shyt over and over on rooftops? Its nonsensical to say only 1 game has repetitive design when nearly all games of all time have repetitive design. It would be like me saying "Man, fukk Zelda Breath of The Wild and Tears of Kingdom... I already played Ocarina of Time 2 decades ago!" "I already played NES Zelda, what the fukk I want to explore an open world for? This Zelda shyt is cooked"

That is every game in history my guy... people buy Madden and 2k every year like there's a different way to catch and shoot a ball
For anyone who is about to go back and forth with this dude just know he enjoyed Redfall.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
For anyone who is about to go back and forth with this dude just know he enjoyed Redfall.
Thanks burh. I was all set to dispute his flawed points and the lack of understanding that because something was classic a decade ago doesn't mean its problems get a pass years later.

But... can't argue with someone who liked Redfall. :yeshrug:

I find it funny people defending Starfield always try and argue these BGS points by talking down to other people about these games. I l have 4 digit hour playtime in 2 different BGS games. I know the formula. I like the formula - with tweaks.

Starfield was uninspired and tried to be too many things without doing any of them well and doesn't hit the immersion point for me where I can look past the issues. I modded loading screens almost entirely out of Skyrim. Having 5 of them to go from one planet to another doesn't make me want to play 4+ hours straight. It makes me want to not play at all.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Put this down for Cyberpunk & likely won't touch it again until next Summer given my backlog. Hopefully that'll be enough time for some serious mods & updates to drop. There is just something so vanilla and sterile about this game. Remove the chem use & gunfire, and this feels like it could have been a Pixar or Disney film.

Unremarkable Mormon squadmates, dozens of loading screens, & mediocre writing makes this one of the most average games I've played in years. It's not even offensively bad. It's just...there. I'm apathetic towards it, and in some ways, that's worse than despising it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Is this worth a cop?
Yes it’s fun. I think 90% of the critics are being over the top. If you go into the game looking to just have fun doing the missions and whatever you want you will enjoy it. If you go into the game thinking about every criticism and comparing it to all these other games the. You will start noticing flaws.

It’s not perfect but there are some really good storylines and the ship building is on point. I also think the combat is underrated.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Starfield will surpass Skyrim bruh. Way too much potential for growth with DLC and Mods in a 1000 planet galaxy, than Skyrim and it's 16 square miles. Not gonna be close after a while.
But Skyrim was loved right out the gate on day one, hasn't let up yet, and has gotten even bigger and more popular with the help of mods. Starfield will be great eventually but they have to overcome bad press and a lot of criticism before they can even cross over into the beloved realm. That's going to be the thing tho watch. And when they finally get hot will people still care and will the newer games being released hog up all the spotlight and buzz.