Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Stop. It's not RD2 in space, RD2 is way better than this, no no, terrible comparison. It's more like Fallout 4 in space

Yo can’t stop me :russ:

I never really played Fallout4 (I had it, it was stolen from me, never rebought)

I say similar to RD2 cuz both games, you got a main mission, you have a bunch of mini random quest, both you can explore large lands and wilderness, both you can practically pick up anything, I mean I can make a long list of things but they share a few core similarities.

Just one on earth in the past the other in the galaxy in the future.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When you get a chance I'd like to hear what you want to see going forward

:salute:
The game has more potential than just about any game out seeing what they did with Skyrim and it's limited scope.

1. We need to be able to build our own space stations.
2. I want to see them ramp up the difficulty.
3. Survival mode(this one is obviously going to come eventually)
4. Give the outposts meaning. Use the outpost as a forward base to fight pirates or spacers. Or use it as a trading hub. It should function like my capital city.
5. I need to be able to assign other ships in my fleet to do tasks for me and make me money, even patrol and I can help them fight pirates in my ship while they patrol.
6. More derelict space stations and ships to explore in space.
7. Add in patrol zones in space and on planets where you have to eliminate pirates, spacers, etc.
8. Expand on the three religious sects in the game they all should have their own questline, especially the Va'ruun.
9. Each system should have it's own story and questline, think Failure to Communicate quest for the Altair system, but with every system.
10. I don't have an issue with randomly generated POI's they just need to add more of them to the mix.
11. Make some of the tier 4 skills actually worth it. Right now the vast majority of tier 4 skills are fukking useless.
12. I don't know if it's an engine limitation, but travel between planet to planet in systems shouldn't be a loading screen. I can understand going down to the planet needing to be a loading screen(the planets have a lot going on and multiple biomes), but flying through space shouldn't be so slow.
13. Make the criminal route more fleshed out. You got the Crimson Fleet questline and a few gangs on Neon, other than that being a criminal is kinda pointless in this game.
14. I would like to see them focus on more hand crafted zones and planets as well as the time goes on. I get it is impossible to hand craft 1000 planets, but hand crafting a landing zone or doing some advanced procedural generation for a landing zone shouldn't be out of the question.
15. Give me capital ships and allow me to have my smaller ship attached to it to use as a landing ship or a boarding ship.
16. Black holes and other galactic phenomena.
17. I want them to expand on the starborne powers.
18. More random events

These are just a few. Like I said the game is an 8/10 to me, it has much room for improvement but the core game itself works and isn't broken like other games that have released recently and IMO it isn't flat out boring. People only criticize the game and never actually give it credit where it excels at

1. Ship building
2. The combat is better than any other game that it is compared to or 'competing' against in the space exploration sub genre.
3. Space combat
4. It has more quests than Skyrim and Fallout 4 put together.
5. It is one of the few games that plays VASTLY different depending on what skills you unlock and if you use powers or not.
6. It has a lot of interesting lore to expand upon
7. Outpost building is already really good despite the fact it can be even better.
8. The 1000 planets look fantastic and the lighting is excellent(I'm playing on PC).
9. Zero G combat is fun.
10. The game is nearly limitless in it's scope and potential.
11. You can literally role play whatever you want. A pirate, a miner, a diplomat, a bounty hunter, a spy, a gang member, a soldier. The game has a way and the ability to allow you to be what you want to be.

Is it a perfect game no, but to call this game trash is laughable. Starfield is gonna be one of those games that in 3 years they will end up retroactively re-reviewing it giving it much higher scores. It's like people aren't looking at what Skyrim became post launch and don't realize this game has 1000x the potential to that. People like to be obtuse and short sighted like that. Also a lot of people bought this game not realizing it isn't for them. If you want a streamlined, narrative heavy, 'cinematic gaming' experience this game isn't for you. It was made for people like me who want gamey games where I'm in control at all times and I do what I want within the world and can sink hundreds of hours into it(I already have).

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game has more potential than just about any game out seeing what they did with Skyrim and it's limited scope.

1. We need to be able to build our own space stations.
2. I want to see them ramp up the difficulty.
3. Survival mode(this one is obviously going to come eventually)
4. Give the outposts meaning. Use the outpost as a forward base to fight pirates or spacers. Or use it as a trading hub. It should function like my capital city.
5. I need to be able to assign other ships in my fleet to do tasks for me and make me money, even patrol and I can help them fight pirates in my ship while they patrol.
6. More derelict space stations and ships to explore in space.
7. Add in patrol zones in space and on planets where you have to eliminate pirates, spacers, etc.
8. Expand on the three religious sects in the game they all should have their own questline, especially the Va'ruun.
9. Each system should have it's own story and questline, think Failure to Communicate quest for the Altair system, but with every system.
10. I don't have an issue with randomly generated POI's they just need to add more of them to the mix.
11. Make some of the tier 4 skills actually worth it. Right now the vast majority of tier 4 skills are fukking useless.
12. I don't know if it's an engine limitation, but travel between planet to planet in systems shouldn't be a loading screen. I can understand going down to the planet needing to be a loading screen(the planets have a lot going on and multiple biomes), but flying through space shouldn't be so slow.
13. Make the criminal route more fleshed out. You got the Crimson Fleet questline and a few gangs on Neon, other than that being a criminal is kinda pointless in this game.
14. I would like to see them focus on more hand crafted zones and planets as well as the time goes on. I get it is impossible to hand craft 1000 planets, but hand crafting a landing zone or doing some advanced procedural generation for a landing zone shouldn't be out of the question.
15. Give me capital ships and allow me to have my smaller ship attached to it to use as a landing ship or a boarding ship.
16. Black holes and other galactic phenomena.
17. I want them to expand on the starborne powers.
18. More random events

These are just a few. Like I said the game is an 8/10 to me, it has much room for improvement but the core game itself works and isn't broken like other games that have released recently and IMO it isn't flat out boring. People only criticize the game and never actually give it credit where it excels at

1. Ship building
2. The combat is better than any other game that it is compared to or 'competing' against in the space exploration sub genre.
3. Space combat
4. It has more quests than Skyrim and Fallout 4 put together.
5. It is one of the few games that plays VASTLY different depending on what skills you unlock and if you use powers or not.
6. It has a lot of interesting lore to expand upon
7. Outpost building is already really good despite the fact it can be even better.
8. The 1000 planets look fantastic and the lighting is excellent(I'm playing on PC).
9. Zero G combat is fun.
10. The game is nearly limitless in it's scope and potential.
11. You can literally role play whatever you want. A pirate, a miner, a diplomat, a bounty hunter, a spy, a gang member, a soldier. The game has a way and the ability to allow you to be what you want to be.

Is it a perfect game no, but to call this game trash is laughable. Starfield is gonna be one of those games that in 3 years they will end up retroactively re-reviewing it giving it much higher scores. It's like people aren't looking at what Skyrim became post launch and don't realize this game has 1000x the potential to that. People like to be obtuse and short sighted like that. Also a lot of people bought this game not realizing it isn't for them. If you want a streamlined, narrative heavy, 'cinematic gaming' experience this game isn't for you. It was made for people like me who want gamey games where I'm in control at all times and I do what I want within the world and can sink hundreds of hours into it(I already have).

Man, I'd be pleased to be wrong, but what you described is basically a whole separate game's worth of development. We're far more likely to see a solid chunk of all that, if not most of it, in a sequel, as opposed to them overhauling this game to that extent.

Considering that Bethesda also has Elder Scrolls 6, and presumably another Fallout on the horizon, I just don't know how they find the time and justifiable budget for a game that's already out, when they have future projects that need the type of headcount this would demand.

They'll definitely improve the game, but I just don't think it's feasible for them to make those types of sweeping changes without just saying "This is Starfield 2".

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Man, I'd be pleased to be wrong, but what you described is basically a whole separate game's worth of development. We're far more likely to see a solid chunk of all that, if not most of it, in a sequel, as opposed to them overhauling this game to that extent.

Considering that Bethesda also has Elder Scrolls 6, and presumably another Fallout on the horizon, I just don't know how they find the time and justifiable budget for a game that's already out, when they have future projects that need the type of headcount this would demand.

They'll definitely improve the game, but I just don't think it's feasible for them to make those types of sweeping changes without just saying "This is Starfield 2".
Bethesda has already said Starfield is getting supported for 5 to 10 years. Skyrim has basically had literally a whole other games worth of development and updates since it released. Don't see why Starfield wouldn't get it either considering it has more room to add in everything I said and besides interplanetary travel wouldn't potentially require any massive upgrades to the engine to do it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bethesda has already said Starfield is getting supported for 5 to 10 years. Skyrim has basically had literally a whole other games worth of development and updates since it released. Don't see why Starfield wouldn't get it either considering it has more room to add in everything I said and besides interplanetary travel wouldn't potentially require any massive upgrades to the engine to do it.

You can't compare the production of Skyrim to Starfield, though. Skyrim benefitted from their previous work on Oblivion and Fallout 3, and the expansion content was easier to churn out back then.

These days, with development of games taking exponentially more manpower and money, it legit ends up being a business decision as to what type of support a game gets after it comes out. Considering that the last true mainline Elder Scrolls game came out almost a decade and a half ago at this point, they're not going to make that a small production. Not to mention Fallout 5, which by the time that's even their main focus, Fallout 4 would've been over a decade in the past as well. That'll also deserve their full attention.

So, from a business standpoint, it eventually ends up being bad spend from both a monetary and headcount perspective to overhaul an existing product to that extent, when you have new products that need that same level of investment. So, realistically speaking, a few things that are relatively easy to do will get rolled into the game. And some of the bigger things you want are absolutely being worked on, but will be what they actually mean when they eventually say "We started working on Starfield 2 not too long after the first one came out." It just makes more financial sense to use work of that scale for a new product, as opposed to an old one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can't compare the production of Skyrim to Starfield, though. Skyrim benefitted from their previous work on Oblivion and Fallout 3, and the expansion content was easier to churn out back then.

These days, with development of games taking exponentially more manpower and money, it legit ends up being a business decision as to what type of support a game gets after it comes out. Considering that the last true mainline Elder Scrolls game came out almost a decade and a half ago at this point, they're not going to make that a small production. Not to mention Fallout 5, which by the time that's even their main focus, Fallout 4 would've been over a decade in the past as well. That'll also deserve their full attention.

So, from a business standpoint, it eventually ends up being bad spend from both a monetary and headcount perspective to overhaul an existing product to that extent, when you have new products that need that same level of investment. So, realistically speaking, a few things that are relatively easy to do will get rolled into the game. And some of the bigger things you want are absolutely being worked on, but will be what they actually mean when they eventually say "We started working on Starfield 2 not too long after the first one came out." It just makes more financial sense to use work of that scale for a new product, as opposed to an old one.
I disagree, and i think it’s the total opposite situation.

A game like Starfield took so much initial investment, they are gonna spend years cashing in. It doesn’t cost nearly as much to support the game as it does to make a new one, especially with the mod community involved. They are gonna be supporting and selling content for this game for a long time.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I disagree, and i think it’s the total opposite situation.

A game like Starfield took so much initial investment, they are gonna spend years cashing in. It doesn’t cost nearly as much to support the game as it does to make a new one, especially with the mod community involved. They are gonna be supporting and selling content for this game for a long time.
Yeah he is overlooking that Elder Scrolls 6 hasn't come out yet because through mods and creation club content Skyrim has been(and still is) a very lucrative game for Bethesda, and is still played by many people to this day. Starfield has the potential for 1000+ Skyrim's inside of it. It's very obvious in Starfield's design that they were going to monetize the game in the same way: DLC, creation club, and now paid mods. Hell they already have a DLC with an early 2024 release date, and there are already a lot of mods for the game as is. Starfield aint going NOWHERE and in a few years watch how the public discourse around this game has changed.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Vae Victus is alive :damn: I ratted that manic out

Damn!!!!

Why you snitch?

I kept that shyt a secret…….. :skip:

shyt ain’t none of my business :hubie:

What they don’t know won’t hurt them or make them murder