Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
there was kids on that ship…I wanted to but I couldn’t lol
Why people are talking about being detached from the story, I'm feeling the complete opposite. I think the storytelling on some of these side missions have been extremely interesting, and finishing them gives you a feeling of accomplishing something in that universe.

Mass Effect really pulled me in, and I'll admit, it probably did hit me harder than SE because I read everything about every species and every story about the history of that universe. A talking character definitely affects how intrigued you are by the story, but it also limits communication options and unless actors will work on the fly and add new dialogue consistently, the way that Starfield does it has more depth imo. ME also didn't have random encounters, the open world seemed extremely small because the locations only had 3-6 people to talk to. ME was kinda linear in that aspect.

Nobody knows what the future of this game holds. It's a strong ass possibility that whole Alien species can be added, new solar systems to explore, whole Alien settlement and new human settlements. They can take this game further into the future with whatever DLC they add. It's only the damn year 2330. Less than 309 years in the future. Why do people expect full ass planets full of humans? Do you know how long it would take humans to even build a New Atlantis on a habitable planet? To me, they were really trying to keep this game as scientifically realistic as they could. You even got historic Earth people on that mfer lol.

This shyt is so damn dope

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
To me the big reason ME feels better and is more interesting is that it has aliens, plus more hyperfuturistic technology. This doesn't feel enough into the future.

The main mission line and overall story telling does get going though, everyone will tell you it's a slow starter. You tend to be more critical of games and media in general though so I suspect you'll be just as miserable at hour 30 as you are at hour 1 so if I was you I'd just drop the game. :russ:
I feel like the game is straight. It's not miserable at all but it's pretty far from the hype. I'm probably just going to mostly stick to the main story and a fee easy side quest until I finish that then move on.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bro them nikkas left Earth before FTL travel was possible, and they think they about to take over a planet that humans had been on already for over 100 years. This mission was dope asf because I can see that happening in the distant future whenever we get to the space ship point. But hell naw, ole girl was entitled as fukk, I blew they shyt up
I bought the drive. Talked the guy down and she gave me some old sports crap and a couple guns. Damn engineer made me prep the ship too with his lazy ass.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
yall using any mods? I downloaded a collection from nexusmods and its just :wow:
The mod game is gonna be crazy but im gonna wait

When the mass effect characters get put in im on it

I'm gonna go look at what they got though

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
This Kryx Legacy mission is just flat out :wow:. From the UC back story to the Kryx nikka being locked up by them to him breaking out and taking over the Keyx system, to the Legacy shyt hitting an ultra magnetic star atmosphere the stories of the crew starving to death to the things they wrote and made verbal notes of, even down to the things you pick up from the crew members after reading their documents and hearing their audio logs
:banderas:.

It's so much real life true to science fiction type of things going on in this universe and the shyt is just believable as a world. You can get completely immersed in this world.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I think this story is set only in 2230-2330...:ld: the grav drive tech is the only thing that is very ahead of it's time... but i havent seen the ending...:ld: dont spoil it for me!!!:whoa:
I mean realistically this game is a better representation of where humanity should be technologically by 2330 than Mass Effect or Star Trek. This game and the Expanse are very relatable in that sense. It feels futuristic, but not too futuristic that it feels completely foreign. You gotta remember in this game humanity has only been an interstellar species for around 150-170 years. Hell Grav drives only have a max range of 30 LY so far, unless there are better grav drives than what I've seen(Starship design isn't something I've dived off into at any great length, I upgrade my guns on my ship and that's it).

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are new atlantis, cydonia, akila and neon city the only major cities in the game…actually paradiso and hopetech count as well…tryna make a list of all the cities in the game

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
are new atlantis, cydonia, akila and neon city the only major cities in the game…actually paradiso and hopetech count as well…tryna make a list of all the cities in the game
Gagarin also. Nobody ever talks about it though.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I mean realistically this game is a better representation of where humanity should be technologically by 2330 than Mass Effect or Star Trek. This game and the Expanse are very relatable in that sense. It feels futuristic, but not too futuristic that it feels completely foreign. You gotta remember in this game humanity has only been an interstellar species for around 150-170 years. Hell Grav drives only have a max range of 30 LY so far, unless there are better grav drives than what I've seen(Starship design isn't something I've dived off into at any great length, I upgrade my guns on my ship and that's it).
Some go up to 50

They are expensive as fukk

I just got a 30

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Some go up to 50

They are expensive as fukk

I just got a 30
50 LY max, when our galaxy is 100,000 LY wide, you can jump 50 at one time. It would take you 2000 jumps to travel the entire galaxy from one side to the other. I think given that knowledge humanity in Starfield is actually doing pretty good to already have as many permanent SAFE colonies in space as they do.