Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They should of added a city map:scust: the back tracking is the worst I ever see

it nagged the fukk outta me at first but it helped create some immersion by thinking when I’m in a new place I don’t really walk around with a map…at some point you just get used to it…now I’m running thru new atlantis like I own it lol…need to furnish my penthouse as I say that…jumping on the game now lol

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it nagged the fukk outta me at first but it helped create some immersion by thinking when I’m in a new place I don’t really walk around with a map…at some point you just get used to it…now I’m running thru new atlantis like I own it lol…need to furnish my penthouse as I say that…jumping on the game now lol
They should of added a city map:scust: the back tracking is the worst I ever see

The map/UI is a legitmate criticism of the game and can make it hard to understand the "flow" of exploration and the gameplay loop early on.

Todd Howard has said in the past that he doesn't like mini-maps in the corner of the screen because it tends to make the player "play" the map in the corner of the screen than actually looking around at the environment when you travel and walk around. This is why all the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games use the compass for navigation. You're pointed in a direction but you're not looking at a map for every single turn on the road there.

I think he tried to take that line of thinking a bit too far with Starfield's map lol. It does force you to actually learn your environment and pay attention, but it's difficult to understand at first when you're a new player. At the very least the ability to add custom permanent waypoints would be a good compromise between giving the player the tools they need to navigate and "bookmark" all these areas across a map of multiple galaxies, while still forcing you to pay attention and learn your surroundings on foot.

At least they've already confirmed to be working on them though so hopefully down the line that gets overhauled

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have about 200kg of resources I can't store. Anywhere safe I can drop it and it'll be there when I get back? Only level 9, can't afford a new ship yet.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I have about 200kg of resources I can't store. Anywhere safe I can drop it and it'll be there when I get back? Only level 9, can't afford a new ship yet.

In the basement of the lodge there’s a room with a research station and all the crafting tables. Next to the research station there is a small box with unlimited storage that is safe. I’ve been using it for the same reason myself

Also the safe in your bedroom in the back of the lodge is safe for storage as well

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
In the basement of the lodge there’s a room with a research station and all the crafting tables. Next to the research station there is a small box with unlimited storage that is safe. I’ve been using it for the same reason myself

Also the safe in your bedroom in the back of the lodge is safe for storage as well
Thanks

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

I need this, my ship is holding way too much

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is there any way to regain the mark I suit?

I sold it when I didn’t know about ship storage but would’ve liked to keep it

can I buy it somewhere?

*edit*

nvm…took the one in the lodge basement using the crack trick…I thought that’s where I got mine from but I remember I got in early in the game off someone I killed…granted he only had the suit and the jet pack not the helmet…the display in the basement has everything

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
rolled up on a ship on the moon ready to jack it but seen it was a UC ship…since I’m vanguard I was able can roll up on it with no resistance…dude even told me I could hang out for a while, while he fixes the ship…didn’t have the heart to take it lol