Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
oh wow gonna watch this…I tried destroying one yesterday but maybe that shytty ass ship I have doesn’t have powerful enough weapons to do so…had to pull up at the last second cuz I don’t know if they can damage my ship in the game and didn’t wanna find out the hard way lol
Don't try the massively large asteriods.

Unless the video says to. I didn't watch yet, though.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
What’s the purpose of outposts? I haven’t even scratched the surface of that part of the game
They could be like trophies or like stamping your mark on a planet.

OR

They can be massive economic windfalls. You can set up an outpost that mines and gathers resources for you.

You can make outpostd become a whole settlement for yourself, with everything from making it a home to a lab for research to having a place to land tour ship conveniently.

And that's my novice perspective. I haven't even scratched the surface.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Outpost building definitely seems like more of a mid-late game thing, even moreso than ship building.

You need a ton of materials but if you’re smart about choosing planets with valuable resources and placing your settlement where you can mine them, you can farm materials at a crazy rate.

I followed this vid last night and made two outposts on Andraphon (Narion System) to farm Iron, Aluminum, helium, and beryllium and I already have hundreds of each. All the materials I’d been hoarding on my ship over dozens of hours finally got put to use when I started spamming storage crates and building landing pads for the outposts. Aside from research projects, that’s the only way you’ll start making a dent and actually use those massive stores of materials you’ve been collecting all this time.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
They could be like trophies or like stamping your mark on a planet.

OR

They can be massive economic windfalls. You can set up an outpost that mines and gathers resources for you.

You can make outpostd become a whole settlement for yourself, with everything from making it a home to a lab for research to having a place to land tour ship conveniently.

And that's my novice perspective. I haven't even scratched the surface.
Interesting I need to learn more about the economics of the game. Whenever I try to sell armor or guns to vendors there’s like a 80% markdown from the value shown in the inventory

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey brehs. Have anyone done Supply Tungsten to Jemison, Alpha Centauri mission? How does it work?

I did a cargo link to Jemison then what? I'm confused

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Let’s go get this money brehs :shaq:

Yea my current play through…. I’m pretty much playing to get a money, a better ship, weapons and gears.

I’m not really trying too much to advance any story

I’m watching this video and I think I’m gonna take out everyone on that ship with the kids on it…I won’t kill the kids but they’re gonna be stranded tho unfortunately but there’s just too much shyt on that ship for the taking

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Not being able to travel to a planet without first visiting every other planet in its path is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen implemented in a game. Whoever approved this bullshyt deserves to be shot in the face. It makes zero sense.

Forcing players to go through 7 takeoff/landing animations just for the fukk of it. Smh. A perfect example of trying to do way too much for no reason at all. I can't wrap my head around somebody actually believing this is a good idea. Much less an entire team.

I pray I'm just being an absolute dumbass and there's a way to skip past this. But everything I've seen on Reddit, it seems there is none. Smh. Videogame designers really need to understand how critical a smooth experience is to the overall enjoyment of a game. This type of shyt is absurdity. Literally sabotaging the the enjoyment of your game because you want it to be "deep"

rage-angry.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting I need to learn more about the economics of the game. Whenever I try to sell armor or guns to vendors there’s like a 80% markdown from the value shown in the inventory

think of a pawn shop…that seems to usually be the case with RPGs…the worse thing is accidentally selling some important shyt then having to buy it back immediately smmfh

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not being able to travel to a planet without first visiting every other planet in its path is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen implemented in a game. Whoever approved this bullshyt deserves to be shot in the face. It makes zero sense.

Forcing players to go through 7 takeoff/landing animations just for the fukk of it. Smh. A perfect example of trying to do way too much for no reason at all. I can't wrap my head around somebody actually believing this is a good idea. Much less an entire team.

I pray I'm just being an absolute dumbass and there's a way to skip past this. But everything I've seen on Reddit, it seems there is none. Smh. Videogame designers really need to understand how critical a smooth experience is to the overall enjoyment of a game. This type of shyt is absurdity. Literally sabotaging the the enjoyment of your game because you want it to be "deep"

rage-angry.gif

you don’t have to actually land on the planets…you just have to jump into their “galaxy” (not sure if I’m using the right word) then jump to the next one so the only animation you should be repeatedly seeing is the space jump animation…sometimes if you jump to a planet’s “galaxy” and a planet is in the way you have to kind of maneuver around it to see your destination marker in order to do another “planet jump”…my explanation may not be the best but ultimately you don’t have to land/takeoff from each planet along the path to your destination

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
you don’t have to actually land on the planets…you just have to jump into their “galaxy” (not sure if I’m using the right word) then jump to the next one so the only animation you should be repeatedly seeing is the space jump animation…sometimes if you jump to a planet’s “galaxy” and a planet is in the way you have to kind of maneuver around it to see your destination marker in order to do another “planet jump”…my explanation may not be the best but ultimately you don’t have to land/takeoff from each planet along the path to your destination
That's better but even that is ridiculous. Why should we have to repeat 6 actions just to proceed in the story?:what:....it's completely unnecessary. Are they just trying to get us to "explore" more?....The gameplay itself is really fun when it's supposed to be. But everything in between is a chore. Some of these ideas are just mind boggling. Bethesda doing way too much.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's better but even that is ridiculous. Why should we have to repeat 6 actions just to proceed in the story?:what:....it's completely unnecessary. Are they just trying to get us to "explore" more?....The gameplay itself is really fun when it's supposed to be. But everything in between is a chore. Some of these ideas are just mind boggling. Bethesda doing way too much.

it’s pushed/motivated me to get a better ship…it’s annoying but realistic within the confines of the game…I’m not entirely mad at it

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I'm watching videos and y'all can fast travel there if youve already been there to that place you dont need to fly there it seems...:dahell: