Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My dumb ass should take the weaker one out first before against the stronger one

good luck…is that the same mission when you encounter the chic’s pirate ship for the first time and she’s under attack by like 3 other ships?

Superstar
Daps
damn that’s a space hotel :picard:

what is that blue bar/blue force field around him…this game has so much shyt I flat out don’t know about

I saw a post earlier where a dude bought “the key” from the crimson fleet lol. Dude cruising in a big ass space station.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw a post earlier where a dude bought “the key” from the crimson fleet lol. Dude cruising in a big ass space station.

ohhhhhhhhhh shyt that’s an option??? :ohhh: :banderas:

he definitely added a lot more shyt to it tho…and the original “ship” seemed like it would’ve been too big to land…he must’ve made several modifications

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
After about 20 hours with the game, I can say that it's solid at best. 8/10. It definitely wasn't what I was hoping for. I don't ever blame devs for that though. I think I mentioned in a Starfield thread some time ago, it may have even been this one, that I hoped it wasn't JUST Fallout in space. Well.....that is exactly what it is. It's not a bad game by any means, but it's definitely not great. It's just......good. Aside from the times that you jump into a spaceship, this is just Fallout with a new skin. And for some folks that may be right up their alley. Honestly, if you were to take the Outer Worlds and compare it to this game when it's not in space, Outer Worlds is probably the better game. I can't say I'm disappointed because I had no idea what to expect really. Even after the started to show some gameplay I still didn't really know. But now that I've been able to take my time and experience it, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I still think it's worth playing though. But if it wasn't for Gamepass I definitely wouldn't spend full price on it. I'd wait for a sale. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.
Starfield is the game Outer Worlds would be if Obsidian had the budget, that's just my opinion tbh with you. You're opinion isn't necessarily wrong though because Outer Worlds is a good game in it's own right, but it's much different than this. Outer Worlds is clearly a game that is supposed to have an ending at some point. It's a wide linear experience, eventually the game will end. Starfield is limitless, this game has no end and never will. As soon as you get through the fast tutorial the gane literally let's you go do whatever the fukk you want, whenever you want, however you want to do it.

I've talked my way through a tough final boss fight in this game. I've had to go mine resources to fulfill a contract. I've surveyed planets, and ended up in so much fukkery it's insane cause the local wildlife will try to attack you in this game. I've had to sneak into the offices of the Trade Authority, and hack a terminal to get info and never got caught doing it. I've had to solve a puzzle to open a door to complete a mission. I've played the shyt out of this game. It's scary how much time I've already put into Starfield. I can't say Outer Worlds has ever made me or anyone feel that way. Even though you do a lot of the same things in Outer Worlds, the gameplay in Starfield is A LOT more polished than Outer Worlds, which played stiff. The combat in this plays like a Doom-Lite(Doom is definitely better, but iD hands are all in Statfields combat, at least the 1st person), and everything is a lot smoother than Outer Worlds.

From a narrative standpoint yeah the way Outer Worlds is designed is better than Starfield, because it's a narrative driven game. This game isn't, this is a fukkery game. Get out there and go do shyt, however you want to do it. They are two different experiences it's not really fair to compare them. The similarities are surface level at best.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I say all that to say I have Starfield's rating an 8.0 right now. I love this game, but it isn't perfect, but through DLC's they may be able to get my rating to go higher. I'm treating this the same way I treated Breath of The Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. Breath of the Wild was a good game hell a borderline great one, but it wasn't a masterpiece I saw the real potential in the game and stood my ground when I gave it an 8. They dropped Tears of the Kingdom and I aint ever felt more right since people see what I was saying when I said refine BoTW and that game will be the masterpiece and TotK could definitely win game of the year, if it wasn't for Baldur's Gate 3 it would be ahead of the rest of the pack by a country ass mile, including this game.

Starfield is a borderline great game, but if Bethesda supports it right with DLC and mods like they have promised, this game can become a true masterpiece. Right now it isn't their yet, even though my enjoyment level of it is a 10, my rating has to be an 8. DLC/Mods can do the same thing to 'vanilla' Starfield, that ToTK did to BoTW and that's make it's predecessor obsolete. They gotta do it first for me though.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good luck…is that the same mission when you encounter the chic’s pirate ship for the first time and she’s under attack by like 3 other ships?

No. It was a dude who owed a debt to GalBank. Due in Full mission

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Saying "it's not you it's me" before dropping Starfield to go layup with BG3 :wow:

5c97f9f843303a4adfe5691cb8231a6d.png
Let me make it fam. :russ:

I haven't ever said one bad thing about Baldur's Gate 3(:ufdup: ) it's a fantastic game, only game that should get any consideration against ToTK for game of the year, hell I do need to finish it cause Baldur's Gate 3 is fun too, but I'm gonna be playing Starfield for YEARS, cause I played Skyrim for YEARS. We've been spoiled with so many games this year, 2023 has been GOAT level so far. :blessed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…but I'm gonna be playing Starfield for YEARS…

I almost low key get why some reviewers recommended playing just the main campaign then diving into the side missions for NG+…it’s kind of overwhelming juggling these side quests which feel like main quests in addition to the actual main quests all while learning everything the game has to offer