Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
low key glad for my botched space missions…it’s making the constellation crew seem a whole lot cooler by comparison…nobody barking orders and no black/white morality…just normal folks willing to do what it takes to survive in space…everybody is their own boss…vladimir being a retired pirate “hits harder” after my experience in the game so far

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
without addressing the “finer” points in your post I have it at about an 8-8.5 too so far…there’s a certain polish that bethesda RPGs don’t seem to have and it was a turnoff for me early on in both skyrim and fallout 4…I attributed certain gameplay mechanics that seemed rough around the edges to the games being outdated when I played them but it seems like it’s simply bethesda’s MO…so far the main things holding my interest is the story and the space lore/setting…the gunfights have been pretty intense too…ironically I would say me not diving too deep into previous bethesda RPGs is why I can be more tolerant of the little things I don’t like that add up otherwise I would’ve probably had a harder time getting into this game as it would’ve felt like more of the same…I didn’t need them to reinvent the wheel but they could’ve done more to perfect it imo
I'm a bethesda veteran at this point but I'm at the other end of the spectrum where I can write off certain issues as "bethesda-isms" and I'm lenient toward it as well because it doesn't otherwise hinder my experience.

I've only had one mission glitch out this entire time, I don't think anyone else here has run into it because I think they would have run straight to this thread complaining about it, and that sucked, but on the other hand I just came from baldur's gate 3 which is reviewing way higher than this game and it had WAY MORE mission glitches that hindered my experience.

So to me I feel that the concerns and problems people have are legitimate, but I feel they are unnecessarily heavy handed, whether due to the sony agenda or lack of experience with this style of game. There's more games out there people are claiming better than this one that have the same or even more problems.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So I've already logged close to 5 days worth of playtime on this game since Early Access. I'm gonna take a break from this not cause I don't love it, but because honestly I need to beat Baldur's Gate 3 and gotta get ready from Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty, I'm not tryna have some huge backlog because I can tell I'm nowhere CLOSE to done with this game. There are a lot of questlines I still haven't touched and I'm already over level 40 in this shyt. :pachaha:
Saying "it's not you it's me" before dropping Starfield to go layup with BG3 :wow:

5c97f9f843303a4adfe5691cb8231a6d.png

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
just checked my bounties in the first bar on new atlantis…

neon = 100k+ credits

pirates = 300k+ credits

I might settle the neon bounty in the future…pirates can go to hell…they think I forgot they tried to kill me earlier in the game too…I’d still be mining if it wasn’t for them :mjlol:

*edit*

applied for a job with ryujin industries and the first thing they wanna do is send me to neon

:dead:
I'm listening to the Starfield soundtrack on Spotify and you over here working being a menace to the universe :dead: