Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m powering through the last part of Baldur’s gate 3 before I start Starfield. I know if I start Starfield now, BG3 is never getting finished. I don’t even really like Act 3 of BG, but I need to finish it, because I didn’t play 90 hours to not see how the story ends.

The one thing I’m wondering about Starfield, is does it play in super ultrawide, 32:9? If not, I hope a mod pops up this week, which I’m sure it will. :lupe:
No super ultrawide and no HDR :why: Three hours in and the game is doing nothing for me.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Game is fun but I feel like it's going to be overwhelming with all the info being thrown at you and ship upgrades, etc.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Are the side missions good or they useless? Is there like ? Markers on the map/can you wander and fall into side missions?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I’m powering through the last part of Baldur’s gate 3 before I start Starfield. I know if I start Starfield now, BG3 is never getting finished. I don’t even really like Act 3 of BG, but I need to finish it, because I didn’t play 90 hours to not see how the story ends.

The one thing I’m wondering about Starfield, is does it play in super ultrawide, 32:9? If not, I hope a mod pops up this week, which I’m sure it will. :lupe:
I'm in the same boat with BG3 but honestly waiting on them to patch up act 3 could be the better move as they are doing really big fixes that can fix the act 3 problems.

They already fixed one of my biggest complaints about the game with this patch (karlach)

So I'm just gonna jump into starfield and BG3 gonna happen when it happens. :manny:
Are the side missions good or they useless? Is there like ? Markers on the map/can you wander and fall into side missions?
It seems like the missions that are "activities" aren't that big a deal, but the missions in your main mission queue are questlines, like the faction missions.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I90lzsJ.gif
I literally was like wtf is this nikka doing? :russ:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got the DLSS mod going. AMD :pacspit: Only shortcoming I’m having is I can’t turn off vsync without crashing.

Colors seem washed out tho, and I can’t find any settings to play with the image. Saw a few comments that it was a stylistic choice tho. Based on the text style I can see it. Reminds me of Alien Iso a bit

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Voice acting is superb, gunplay/combat is the best Bethesda has ever done, ship combat takes some getting used too No Man's Sky is better at that, the vame definitely starts off slow. Haven't done many side quests yet just trying to get through the main story. I wanna see this NG+ they keep talking about.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Got the DLSS mod going. AMD :pacspit: Only shortcoming I’m having is I can’t turn off vsync without crashing.

Colors seem washed out tho, and I can’t find any settings to play with the image. Saw a few comments that it was a stylistic choice tho. Based on the text style I can see it. Reminds me of Alien Iso a bit
It's like that on console too, tone down the film grain, once you get to different areas then it has better color vibrance, but in general it is a bit washed out.

They NEED to patch in brightness/gamma options, however. That stylistic choice I'll never agree with.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
PC. The only way I’m playing it on XSX is if my computer breaks. I actually bought the CE for the XSX because it would resell better than the PC version. So I guess I’m good either way.

Bethesda WRPGs are my favorite type of games. I can’t wait to play this shyt. I’m pissed at myself for not beating BG3 earlier :russ:

Act 3 of BG3 isn’t really that fun. I’m kinda just playing to have it done. Acts 1 and 2 are magnificent though.
Hated most of Act 2 (boss fight was a cool surprise) and Act 3 is just :unimpressed:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Five minutes into New Atlantis I had been accosted with at least three different side missions by just NPCs talking to me.

These faction missions are the highlight so far.