Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
One positive for the S is the incremental way in which Bethesda makes their areas; interior and exterior cells make loading things, even on an otherwise large map, a lot more manageable for certain hardware. While a personal negative of their design philosophy for what it does to their games, technically speaking it makes the Creation Engine pretty good across a large amount of technical specs.

Combine that with the number of things that will be loading screens while also being 'activities', wouldn't surprise me if the game ran functionally on a Series S. Which is great for game accessibility.

Because phone hardware and smart refrigerators are capable of running Skyrim. And the two games are using versions of the same goddamned engine.

Look. Back on topic.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Larian “Series S is not a hinderence it’s just gonna take us some extra time like optimization on other platforms, we didn’t have the resources to optimize all of them at once and we wanted to prioritize the PC and PS5 version”

Sony stan’s: “shytbox s is terrible, it can’t play next gen games and will be obsolete in 2 years, just look at BG3”

Me: “Larian didn’t say that, they just said they need extra time”

Sony stan’s: “Dumb ass meach making stuff up and derailing the thread, Larian doesnt even know what optimization is, I have a tech job”

Sony stan’s wild as fukk :mjlol:

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man I'll just leave this here. directly from the CEOs mouth

"Vincke also likened developing for the Xbox Series S to developing for the Nintendo Switch and minimum spec PCs. Unlike consoles, PC gaming isn't a homogenised singular platform--everyone has their own build with its own hardware. You might have a top-of-the-line graphics card that set you back thousands of pounds, or something from two years ago that still holds up okay. Porting to a PC typically means casting a wide net, implementing plenty of graphical options to let people find what works for them. The Switch meanwhile is the weakest of all 'current-gen' consoles, but Larian Studios did get Divininity: Original Sin 2 to work on the platform. It just took a little longer. Xbox Series S is in the same boat."

Now with that out of the way, can't wait for this game.

:obama:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Larian “Series S is not a hinderence it’s just gonna take us some extra time like optimization on other platforms, we didn’t have the resources to optimize all of them at once and we wanted to prioritize the PC and PS5 version”

Sony stan’s: “shytbox s is terrible, it can’t play next gen games and will be obsolete in 2 years, just look at BG3”

Me: “Larian didn’t say that, they just said they need extra time”

Sony stan’s: “Dumb ass meach making stuff up and derailing the thread, I have a tech job”

Sony stan’s wild as fukk :mjlol:
So would you say the Series S forcing a game tied with Tears of the Kingdom as the best reviewed game of the year with a 96 score on Metacritic to be a timed console exclusive for the PS5 is a win for Xbox?

That extra time the Series S required cost them a GOTY candidate this year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So would you say the Series S forcing a game tied with Tears of the Kingdom as the best reviewed game of the year with a 96 score on Metacritic to be a timed console exclusive for the PS5 is a win for Xbox?

It’s obviously not a win in the short term, but it’s more about PS5 being the more popular platform AND the existence of Starfield than the S being terrible.

Belive me if Xbox was the lead platform by far they would have prioritized the S version.

From a business standpoint you have more users and less competition on PS5. It makes all the sense in the world to get the PS5 version out asap.

In the long term this is a game that people will be playing for the next DECADE a 6 month or so delay isn’t much in the grand scheme of things, and the series S being able to play this and all current gen games IS a WIN for the concept of the S :ehh:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you say, whilst blatantly dapping one side of these 'arguments' you say no one cares about.

...You know we can see those, right? :comeon:

98134007-B886-4-A41-8004-6-FAC26-A29990.png

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
you say, whilst blatantly dapping one side of these 'arguments' you say no one cares about.

...You know we can see those, right? :comeon:

Because I don't care what yall nikkas are talking about lol especially since BG3 is still coming to the series s regardless.

Makes the whole argument moot.

My bad for not engaging with nikkas I just saw posting in another Xbox thread trolling

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s obviously not a win in the short term, but it’s more about PS5 being the more popular platform AND the existence of Starfield than the S being terrible.

Belive me is Xbox was the lead platform by far they would have prioritized the S version.

From a business standpoint you have more users and less competition on PS5. It makes all the sense in the world to get the PS5 version out asap.

In the long term this is a game that people will be playing for the next DECADE a 6 month or so delay isn’t much in the grand scheme of things, and the series S being able to play this and all current gen games IS a WIN for the concept of the S :ehh:
It's not a win in the short term or the long term. It also exposes a problem with the Xbox brand if the Series S could cost it a delay for a game of such status. It would have been better to let the game come out with the features they couldn't get running on Series S disabled on the S (or even both if they demand parity) until they could manage than missing out on the initial hype cycle of the game and having it release in 2024.

We're into year 3 and problems like this are happening. That's not a good sign. This parity demand was an unforced error. Let the people that bought the lesser console deal with the inferior hardware they bought.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Because I don't care what yall nikkas are talking about lol especially since BG3 is still coming to the series s regardless.

Makes the whole argument moot.

My bad for not engaging with nikkas I just saw posting in another Xbox thread trolling
you claiming disappointed neutrality but cheering on one side. These are counterintuitive concepts. But do you cuh

I been said my point.

The S is weak hardware and it's causing bottlenecks and delays where there wouldn't be any. It isn't about distribution of resources to the more 'popular' system. It's a technical limitation that would not exist were this system not literally handcuffed to it's more capable brother. If they did not mandate platform parity, these games being waited on would be out an Xbox already, even if not both of them.

Tell me when I'm telling lies :yeshrug:

I even moved back to talking about Starfield. In fact, I even used Starfield to give a positive to the S.
The man you over here dapping up brought us back to this. Yet you over here pointing fingers in the other direction.

See. This why I stay in TSC. At least when nikkas tryna play heel over there, they doing it with their chest and not hitting the Cupid Shuffle tryna dance around what side they on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not a win in the short term or the long term.
“Series S the cheap console that can play all next gen games at lower resolutions”

Is what it is advertised at. Achieving this goal is a win no matter what you stan’s tell yourself.

It also exposes a problem with the Xbox brand if the Series S could cost it a delay for a game of such status. It would have been better to let the game come out with the features they couldn't get running on Series S disabled on the S (or even both if they demand parity) until they could manage than missing out on the initial hype cycle of the game and having it release in 2024.
This is all just hype by you internet people. BG3 will sell lots more copies AFTER the series S version comes out than before.
We're into year 3 and problems like this are happening. That's not a good sign. This parity demand was an unforced error. Let the people that bought the lesser console deal with the inferior hardware they bought.
Their parity demand will make sure Series S accomplished what they said it would, even if one game gets a minor delay :stopitslime:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

They weren't ever going to release it next to starfield anyway , who cares if it's a win for sony. Some of you dudes care too much about these businesses bottom line. It'll be on xbox thats all that matters, it's better for larian the way it is.