Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man….. I get distracted with side shyt for RD :mjlol:

For CP, I just decided sometime in the next few years I’m just gonna start from scratch as a Nomad all over again:russ:

That update where they reset my build fukked me

CP is not even that long bruh you can finish within a week just doing the main story missions...:francis:

RDR2 tho???:mjlol: good luck...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean... this is untrue and you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

They can't get drop-in drop-out multiplayer working on the S.

If they managed it, they'd literally be the first devs to pull off this feat for the little white box, and they've had to hire additional engineers just to tackle this problem. And they still can't give a timeline beyond '2024'

I will repeat this: they would be the first devs to do this.

That's... that's not an outlier. That's not what that word means. You just itching to push the idea that this underpowered system is 'just as good' when it isn't. The S is less functional by enough degrees that the thing is already causing development bottlenecks and we're still new enough into the console generation that games are still releasing cross-gen.

And they will continue to do so. Because tech-wise, the S is closer to the One X than it is to the Series X.
This is not an 'outlier' situation. It's a problem that has been in existence since the console's release, but has largely been avoidable because the major affliction for Xbox - lack of games that are truly 'next gen' - has hidden the severity of this issue. I have a 4090. And my framerate went do to the high-60s/low-70s while in act 3 of BG3. And I'm playing at 1440. Granted, I'm running at max. But... imagine trying to get an S to render something, even at decreased fidelity, that a fukking top of the line card can tripped up by.

Now consider how most people deriding BG3 are saying that it isn't even a real graphically intensive game like that.

And herein lies the problem with the S. It's mid-tier last-gen hardward handcuffed onto the X and literally anchoring all Xbox development.

That's not 'stan wars'. That's fukking game developers quite literally saying this. And it gets handwaved by team green because nikkas will believe what best suits their inclination; irrespective of factual accuracy or rational discourse that disproves their precious baby.

It's an underpowered system. Point blank fukking period. And literally everything you can play on an S, you can play on PC and will be able to do it better. So I ask; what's the point of a Series S when the Xbox ecosystem is overlapping with PC to this degree?

There isn't.

Talk nonsense while not understanding tech brehs :beli:
You’re the one that made up all this stan fiction. Like none of this you said is true.

All i said was what larian themselves said.

Some of you are twisting their words into your own narrative here.

Other games with co-op or features that have to render two games worlds have worked just fine.

Other games that have made your 4090 scream work just fine on the S.
Larian themselves have said they can/will get it working, they just need time.

Like i said you guys are drawing all these grandiose conclusions based on your own opinion, not actual info that you have.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
You’re the one that made up all this stan fiction. Like none of this you said is true.

All i said was what larian themselves said.

Some of you are twisting their words into your own narrative here.

Other games with co-op or features that have to render two games worlds have worked just fine.

Larian themselves have said they can/will get it working, they just need time.

Like i said you guys are drawing all these grandiose conclusions based on your own opinion, not actual info that you have.
:unimpressed:

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

You know what? ...sure bruh, go head; you got it :hubie:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I always thought that was a kind of a long and big (No Pause):birdman: game?

I was doing all the random shyt in the city

:russ: :russ: :russ: nah the side missions pad the bulk of the game out but the story mainline mission you can literally breeze through...:dead: not a long game at all... I was mad because the game was so short...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:russ: :russ: :russ: nah the side missions pad the bulk of the game out but the story mainline mission you can literally breeze through...:dead: not a long game at all... I was mad because the game was so short...

Well damn:what:

My back log crazy

Not even gonna get in the 3 ACrds I ain’t finished :damn:

The last AC I beat was Black Flag

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
...my mans. no. it's... that's not how any of this works.

There's no such thing as future proofing in tech. At all. It's Moore's Law. I could pull parts out of the case and swap them around and get this old unit up and running to current standard with a few upgrades. Have it at Series X levels and beyond, if I wanted to invest that in it.

Thing is... can a Series S run word processors? Graphic programs? Can it access the normal version of most websites and, if it got technical issues, is there a number to call where they will remediate your issues, up to and including an RMA on a faulty part?

No?

Because it's a $300 shadow of past gen technology that was a waste of a SKU?

Ok.

Microsoft loses money on every console. If they knew that, they shoulda just... not made the S, dropped the X down to $400 and swept the whole fukking market. They'd lose the same amount of money as not having the losses on S and applying them to X, but they'd... actually succeed in their intended snatching of the market. You think if the X dropped at the same pricepoint as the digital PS5, the people on the fence who only play multiplats would be as torn? fukk no.

It's.
Bad.
Tech.

I know you want to argue in favor of the Little Strugglebox Who Could, but... it's time to be objective here about reality. In under two years, that S is going to be falling behind even midrange gaming laptops. I'm talking the kind you can get from a Best Buy, in-store, same-day. And you won't be able to do shyt about it. If, in two years, my processor is lagging behind the performance I need... I'll just take it out, sell it down to someone a tier lower and buy the thing I need. Once I unroute my liquid cooling.

That is the 'futureproofing' they mean. Modular upgradeability. Being able to keep the same body but adjust the internals as needed. Nothing in tech lasts 5+ years while still being top of the line.

And nothing on the Series S will last 5 years - period.
close-door-the-office.gif