Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
it'll probably get kinda hot. And you'll possibly run into some memory issues long-term since this practice of soldering RAM onto boards is the new wave despite how catastrophically stupid it is. Precludes upgradeability of things that should be light work like memory and storage upgrading.

That said, you definitely could have gone worse. Doesn't look bad and it'll hold you for now for sure. I'd recommend keeping your monitor resolution at 1440 and not being tempted to go any higher as it'll run into some issues there. But even the heat thing won't be an issue if it's gonna be running as an on-table stationary device when you're gaming.

Don't sit that ho on your actual lap to game though. Please. For your own sake.

That said, good look bruh and I hope your adventures out in space on it are ones you never forget :salute:
And when it's time for that desktop shift, you gonna be ready for it and when it hits you gonna be like :blessed:
As it is, with it being a 40 series, I believe even the mobile RTX40s have DLSS3, and that alone will keep that thing running games looking good for at least a year past what would normally be its expiration date. Upscaling tech is crazy and the difference between DLSS2 and DLSS3(40 series exclusive) is noticeable.

...doesn't matter at all for this thread since Starfield has their AMD deal and no DLSS in it, but when you play other stuff, it can make it look a bit better for you

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
AC is my Madden/2K:noah:

zN5OUf.gif

Everything after AC3 is trash bruh, they just milking y'all...:hhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:unimpressed:

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

You know what? ...sure bruh, go head; you got it :hubie:
I know exactly what i’m taking about.

You literally made up that whole ass paragraph off some shyt you read reset era cac say.

If you actually read larians statements they said.

“We didn’t/couldn’t start series S optimization until the game was finished”

“We are a small team and have limited resources to optimize all platform at once”

“We prioritized the PC version because we had years early access data and we wanted to get out in front of starfield”

Now these are their specific reasons for the series S delay.

What they didn’t say is”

“the series S is just a terrible machine we can’t get to work and that will be trash for all future next gen games”

Yet this is the narrative some of you are trying push.

So yeah, it ain’t me making things up i know nothing about. That’s you :ufdup:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I know exactly what i’m taking about.

You literally made up that whole ass paragraph off some shyt you read reset era cac say.

If you actually read larians statements they said.

“We didn’t/couldn’t start series S optimization until the game was finished”

“We are a small team and have limited resources to optimize all platform at once”

“We prioritized the PC version because we had years early access data and we wanted to get out in front of starfield”

Now these are their specific reasons for the series S delay.

What they didn’t say is”

“the series S is just a terrible machine we can’t get to work and that will be trash for all future next gen games”

Yet this is the narrative some of you are trying push.

So yeah, it ain’t me making things up i know nothing about. That’s you :ufdup:

Bet.

Me and my tech job will just stand over here while YOU tell ME how technology works.

You got it.:hubie:

Please. Elucidate me further on the specifics of how optimization works when the current issue is not an optimization issue; it is a foundational rendering problem insofar as how the splitscreen works in Larian games; and the necessity to be able to render the entirety of a map concurrently, to account for the potential of four different camera points operating four differing game states at the same time. Requiring computational overhead for the possibility of needing to run 4 active conversations in 4 different areas of the game at the same time that must be accessible and able to be tabbed to at a moment's notice. And how the lack of horsepower of the Series S complicates that issue.

Please. Tell me more.

I got time today cuz

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
zN5OUf.gif

Everything after AC3 is trash bruh, they just milking y'all...:hhh:

Man you crazy…. Origins the Egypt one is dope!!!!

I had fun with that one…… I got distracted going after them hunters that was hunting me :mjlol:

“I’m not getting Huntered by them, they getting hunted by ME!”:demonic:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
it'll probably get kinda hot. And you'll possibly run into some memory issues long-term since this practice of soldering RAM onto boards is the new wave despite how catastrophically stupid it is. Precludes upgradeability of things that should be light work like memory and storage upgrading.

That said, you definitely could have gone worse. Doesn't look bad and it'll hold you for now for sure. I'd recommend keeping your monitor resolution at 1440 and not being tempted to go any higher as it'll run into some issues there. But even the heat thing won't be an issue if it's gonna be running as an on-table stationary device when you're gaming.

Don't sit that ho on your actual lap to game though. Please. For your own sake.

That said, good look bruh and I hope your adventures out in space on it are ones you never forget :salute:
And when it's time for that desktop shift, you gonna be ready for it and when it hits you gonna be like :blessed:
As it is, with it being a 40 series, I believe even the mobile RTX40s have DLSS3, and that alone will keep that thing running games looking good for at least a year past what would normally be its expiration date. Upscaling tech is crazy and the difference between DLSS2 and DLSS3(40 series exclusive) is noticeable.

...doesn't matter at all for this thread since Starfield has their AMD deal and no DLSS in it, but when you play other stuff, it can make it look a bit better for you
Yeah my boy said if all I want is 1440p and 60fps buy a monitor and this laptop will easily handle that.

As far as the bolded I have been warned by numerous people already how bad of an idea it would be to try to game with this on my lap. My boy was like 'If you run a game past anything other than minimum specs that bytch gonna burn the fukk outta you, I'm getting a seperate keyboard and mouse as well, I'm basically gonna be using this thing like a portable console until my girl and I finally get our spot next year and I can set up my shyt the way I want too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bet.

Me and my tech job will just stand over here while YOU tell ME how technology works.

You got it.:hubie:

Please. Elucidate me further on the specifics of how optimization works when the current issue is not an optimization issue; it is a foundational rendering problem insofar as how the splitscreen works in Larian games; and the necessity to be able to render the entirety of a map concurrently, to account for the potential of four different camera points operating four differing game states at the same time. Requiring computational overhead for the possibility of needing to run 4 active conversations in 4 different areas of the game at the same time that must be accessible and able to be tabbed to at a moment's notice. And how the lack of horsepower of the Series S complicates that issue.

Please. Tell me more.
You are not the only one with a tech job breh :mjlol:

It is an optimization issue from their own mouth.

Again, i’m not the one making stuff up.

What they are probably doing is some of the old techniques that got games like GTAV to fit into xbox 360 paltry ram set up.

For other platfroms, they don’t have to do that work because they have sufficient ram. Series S is gonna take some extra work to get it done. Other games like The Medium and Diablo have been successful in getting two instances of the game to work on series S. Larian just needs more time.

If anything this validates the S as a proper next gen machine. Even if it takes a bit of work. It will play all the games your 4090 can. Including starfield, the game we are supposed to be talking about in this thread :ehh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
You are not the only one with a tech job breh :mjlol:

It is an optimization issue from their own mouth.

Again, i’m not the one making stuff up.

What they are probably doing is some of the old techniques that got games like GTAV to fit into xbox 360 paltry ram set up.

For other platfroms, they don’t have to do that work because they have sufficient ram. Series S is gonna take some extra work to get it done. Other games like The Medium and Diablo have been successful in getting two instances of the game to work on series S. Larian just needs more time.

If anything this validates the S as a proper next gen machine. Even if it takes a bit of work. It will play all the games your 4090 can. Including starfield, the game we are supposed to be talking about in this thread :ehh:
You've said literally nothing to counter anything technical I've said.
This is just a conversation happening past you and not with you.

Over here talmbout 'other games have done X' when I - also - quoted Larian directly in noting they would be the first studio to achieve what they are attempting.

Meaning... ya know. 'But other games' doesn't mean anything. It isn't just about rending the game world in two instances simultaneously. It is the compounding issue of the multiplayer aspect of doing such a thing and the necessity to not only make that work, but make that work splitscreen with multiple inputs and occasionally counteractive player activity that the game must then react to.

It is a processing problem.
Turning it into a rendering problem.

Making. it. not. optimization.

You OpTiMiZe shyt that already works. This does not work. Meaning it is not about optimizing. fukking duh.

It is just a simple word that most people know so the word is used to dumb down complexities.

But, again: You fukking got it. Sure. :hubie:

I now know you don't know what you're talking about, so any more effort invested in this is throwing energy and words into a void. And I got better shyt to do.
...Like actually play the very game they can't yet release to that last gen nightmare box.
Meanwhile, I could load BG3 up on my work laptop if I really wanted to. It'd play like shyt. But it'd play.
Puts it ahead of an S :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You've said literally nothing to counter anything technical I've said.
This is just a conversation happening past you and not with you.

Over here talmbout 'other games have done X' when I - also - quoted Larian directly in noting they would be the first studio to achieve what they are attempting.

Meaning... ya know. 'But other games' doesn't mean anything. It isn't just about rending the game world in two instances simultaneously. It is the compounding issue of the multiplayer aspect of doing such a thing and the necessity to not only make that work, but make that work splitscreen with multiple inputs and occasionally counteractive player activity that the game must then react to.

It is a processing problem.
Turning it into a rendering problem.

Making. it. not. optimization.

You OpTiMiZe shyt that already works. This does not work. Meaning it is not about optimizing. fukking duh.

It is just a simple word that most people know so the word is used to dumb down complexities.

But, again: You fukking got it. Sure. :hubie:

I now know you don't know what you're talking about, so any more effort invested in this is throwing energy and words into a void. And I got better shyt to do.
...Like actually play the very game they can't yet release to that last gen nightmare box.
Meanwhile, I could load BG3 up on my work laptop if I really wanted to. It'd play like shyt. But it'd play.
Puts it ahead of an S :mjlol:
I have no interest in debating tales from your ass when Larian has talked about it themselves.

Do I think it's holding back game development? It's just defining certain parameters within which you have to develop. There are ways to do it; it just takes effort in the process. However, despite having grown, we don't have infinite resources. That means we can't do everything at once."

The creative director further pointed out that developing Baldur's Gate 3for Xbox Series S is a similar process to what they have to do for a version on the Switch or PC, considering minimum system requirements. However, he clarified that this work is being done separately, as the team is currently focused on the proper release for PS5 and PC: "Right now, the whole focus is obviously on the PC and PS5 versions that are coming out. There is a team working on the Xbox version, and they are making progress. It's already much better than it was. Our hope is that we'll make it this year, but I don't want to commit to it because optimization comes with this annoying thing where you know where you start, but you don't know where you'll end up."

These are their words. None of them even imply any of that shyt you are talking about.

Like i said some of you are twisting the situation into your own narratives.

Then have the nerve to tell me i’m the one making stuff up :wow: