Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Baby steps my man, when I get a bigger place I'm gonna set my shyt up and mount a 55' monitor on the wall. Patience.
no hate my end - I started my PC gaming on a laptop. I remember. I couldn't even properly run Farcry 3 unless I had that shyt windowed in a tiny resolution box. Made me want to upgrade my PC. Cuz wanted to play Bioshock Infinite. Was blown away running fullscreen.

Now here I am, sneering at my monitor when the FPS drops under 3 digits. How quickly we forget :snoop:

Take your time, bruh. You'll get there. :salute:The love of the game is way more important than the tools to play. You can add the pieces. But you can't fake the funk. Rock that laptop with a monitor and hopefully an external mouse/controller.

...Most gaming laptops still better than a Series S anyways

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
You saying that as if trying to run that scene wouldn't turn a Series S into a literal block of thermite :mjlol:
shyt melt straight through the entertainment center, the floor and on into the downstairs neighbor's condo.

SE doing M$ a favor keeping that game away for a year. Give them time to spend some of their infinite aquisition resources acquiring a thermal paste manufacturer able to work literal acts of magic.
A scene shouldn't turn a PS5 into a block of thermite. Like I said, let me worry about Starfield on Series S. You go figure out why a scene is melting your PS5.

:camby:

Superstar
Daps
Baby steps my man, when I get a bigger place I'm gonna set my shyt up and mount a 55' monitor on the wall. Patience.

:mjlol:
No worries fam. It’s all about what works best for you. My desktop sits by window, with the side panel off, because I refuse to upgrade my fan, power source, and motherboard…

…even though I have a new fan, power source, and motherboard sitting unopened under my desk lol. It was supposed to be a quick 2 hour project but I only got as far as upgrading my ram to 64 gigs.

Sometimes I wish I had a laptop because my girl moved her office stuff into mine. Her desk is now directly behind one of my monitors so when I look over in her direction I just see her smiling like:

I0wC.gif

on some “what we bout to do together next?” shyt lol.

Sometimes I wish I could go pretend to take a shyt in the bathroom and gentrify the hood in ‘cities skylines’, in peace .
:childplease:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
A scene shouldn't turn a PS5 into a block of thermite. Like I said, let me worry about Starfield on Series S. You go figure out why a scene is melting your PS5.

:camby:
my PS5 ain't have no issue through that section, actually. Never even gets hot.
Now my PC... well. My new one's fine too. My old one? I have that ho sat by the window just to help it along. bytch be chugging sometimes.

...and technical specs wise, that old PC still more powerful than an S. :huhldup:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
CRAPtop?!

grimaceface.gif

:childplease:

It’s desktop or nothing. Hell we look like trying to move the game all over the house and shyt?
Baby steps my man, when I get a bigger place I'm gonna set my shyt up and mount a 55' monitor on the wall.
no hate my end - I started my PC gaming on a laptop. I remember. I couldn't even properly run Farcry 3 unless I had that shyt windowed in a tiny resolution box. Made me want to upgrade my PC. Cuz wanted to play Bioshock Infinite. Was blown away running fullscreen.

Now here I am, sneering at my monitor when the FPS drops under 3 digits. How quickly we forget :snoop:

Take your time, bruh. You'll get there. :salute:The love of the game is way more important than the tools to play. You can add the pieces. But you can't fake the funk. Rock that laptop with a monitor and hopefully an external mouse/controller.

...Most gaming laptops still better than a Series S anyways
Exactly what i'm doing right now. Got a laptop and a monitor and gonna keep my xbox controller to use on the laptop.

My PC potnas actually recommended me this laptop once I sent them the recommended specs for the 4 games I wanna play(Starfield, Diablo 4, Baldur's Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077). They both told me this laptop will be able to run them fairly easily, just said get a monitor since the screen on the laptop isn't 2k+.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
my PS5 ain't have no issue through that section, actually. Never even gets hot.
Now my PC... well. My new one's fine too. My old one? I have that ho sat by the window just to help it along. bytch be chugging sometimes.

...and technical specs wise, that old PC still more powerful than an S. :huhldup:
Did that old PC cost $300? Doesn't even sound like it's futureproof and isn't that the whole point of getting a PC?

:huhldup:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
thread has gotten absolutely disgusting…I understand the game hasn’t released yet but this low level of discourse wouldn’t happen in the spider-man 2 thread…the thread is still supposed to be about a game ppl are looking forward to playing

Honestly it's only happening in this thread because @Gizmo_Duck is in here. This is an xbox game thread I expect @The Mad Titan and @MeachTheMonster to be in here, Gizmo argues just for the sake of arguing most of the time, and it don't help the other two also be on the same shyt. They not even talking about the game anymore, shyt is hella annoying.

Y’all worry about this game breh… and we gonna get this discourse popping

I’m gonna take care of

So leave him to me

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Did that old PC cost $300? Doesn't even sound like it's futureproof and isn't that the whole point of getting a PC?

:huhldup:
...my mans. no. it's... that's not how any of this works.

There's no such thing as future proofing in tech. At all. It's Moore's Law. I could pull parts out of the case and swap them around and get this old unit up and running to current standard with a few upgrades. Have it at Series X levels and beyond, if I wanted to invest that in it.

Thing is... can a Series S run word processors? Graphic programs? Can it access the normal version of most websites and, if it got technical issues, is there a number to call where they will remediate your issues, up to and including an RMA on a faulty part?

No?

Because it's a $300 shadow of past gen technology that was a waste of a SKU?

Ok.

Microsoft loses money on every console. If they knew that, they shoulda just... not made the S, dropped the X down to $400 and swept the whole fukking market. They'd lose the same amount of money as not having the losses on S and applying them to X, but they'd... actually succeed in their intended snatching of the market. You think if the X dropped at the same pricepoint as the digital PS5, the people on the fence who only play multiplats would be as torn? fukk no.

It's.
Bad.
Tech.

I know you want to argue in favor of the Little Strugglebox Who Could, but... it's time to be objective here about reality. In under two years, that S is going to be falling behind even midrange gaming laptops. I'm talking the kind you can get from a Best Buy, in-store, same-day. And you won't be able to do shyt about it. If, in two years, my processor is lagging behind the performance I need... I'll just take it out, sell it down to someone a tier lower and buy the thing I need. Once I unroute my liquid cooling.

That is the 'futureproofing' they mean. Modular upgradeability. Being able to keep the same body but adjust the internals as needed. Nothing in tech lasts 5+ years while still being top of the line.

And nothing on the Series S will last 5 years - period.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I’m never gonna finish this game.

I really thought I was gonna finish RD2 and Cyberpunk before this dropped months back.

But I’m gonna have the time of my life just building my ship. I be playing games like @winb83 be watching Slice Of Life animes

But why don't you finish these games right now since you're here???:dahell:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
you know when the biggest xbox podcast are questioning the existence of the series s you got a problem

You down bad. Looking like an astroturfer out here . Series s is worth it as a second console. Plays next gen games and only 300. Plays every Xbox game

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
But why don't you finish these games right now since you're here???:dahell:

Man….. I get distracted with side shyt for RD :mjlol:

For CP, I just decided sometime in the next few years I’m just gonna start from scratch as a Nomad all over again:russ:

That update where they reset my build fukked me

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You down bad. Looking like an astroturfer out here . Series s is worth it as a second console. Plays next gen games and only 300. Plays every Xbox game

He’s asking for his primary console, i told him, im not down bad at all i will be enjoying this Todd Coward production the same way you will be. :cheers: