Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
We don’t know how much optimization time has gone into each platform. Most devs just get it all done. Larian seems to have prioritized certain releases over others. The PS5 version isn’t out yet and they moved the PC version up.

The idea of taking one game that’s an outlier against literally EVERY other game proving the contrary and drawing these conclusions is wild to me.

Starfield PC requirements will be higher than BG3. The game larger. The graphics better, and by all indications the S handles it just fine.
1. It's a discussion for this thread because someone asked if they should get an X or S.
2. The PC release was moved up because they dont want to compete with Starfield. They leaving the PS5 release where it's at because Starfield not releasing on PS5. Has nothing to do with the narrative you trying to push, nice try though.
3. Don't most other games release on last gen consoles as well? So of course they will have no issue getting the game to work, since they had to develop for last gen. BG3 seems to be one of the first games of this size, built for next gen only.......and it's having issues.

They would release on Xbox X at the same time as PS5 if MS didnt have that dumb parity clause.
eAeCLs4.png

Microsoft also has their own engineers helping Larian.......and it still may be 2024 til the game is on there...

You keep harping about what Toddy says in regards to the S. Todd is owned by microsoft. What makes you think eh would say anything negative about the console?

You acting like I said "MS trash, dont get either console". I just said wait for a review of how it runs, then make a choice.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not arguing about anything anymore tbh.. I left it at ok a few pages ago.
Meach just calling out the ducks hypocrisy.

:manny:
Somehow i always get blamed. Theres dozens of posts from them dudes saying dumb shyt. Even some of them proclaiming they can’t wait to fukk up the thread even more. The game is being mocked literally in the thread title and no one will change it.

But yeah it’s meach fukkin up the thread :stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Somehow i always get blamed. Theres dozens of posts from them dudes saying dumb shyt. Even some of them proclaiming they can’t wait to fukk up the thread even more. The game is being mocked literally in the thread title and no one will change it.

But yeah it’s meach fukkin up the thread :stopitslime:

e43ad05f-7194-4b75-946e-d0f23365b725_text.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
1. It's a discussion for this thread because someone asked if they should get an X or S.
2. The PC release was moved up because they dont want to compete with Starfield. They leaving the PS5 release where it's at because Starfield not releasing on PS5. Has nothing to do with the narrative you trying to push, nice try though.
3. Don't most other games release on last gen consoles as well? So of course they will have no issue getting the game to work, since they had to develop for last gen. BG3 seems to be one of the first games of this size, built for next gen only.......and it's having issues.

They would release on Xbox X at the same time as PS5 if MS didnt have that dumb parity clause.
eAeCLs4.png

Microsoft also has their own engineers helping Larian.......and it still may be 2024 til the game is on there...

You keep harping about what Toddy says in regards to the S. Todd is owned by microsoft. What makes you think eh would say anything negative about the console?

You acting like I said "MS trash, dont get either console". I just said wait for a review of how it runs, then make a choice.
1. ok
2. I’m not pushing any narrative other than Larian wanting to release their game when and how they wanted. Most devs would set a date for all platforms at once, and this wouldn’t even be a conversation. That’s literally what happened with every other game.
3. Other next gen only games are working just fine on the S. And really taxing games that were pretty much broken on last gen like cyberpunk run good even at 60fps on the S.

I didn’t act like you said ms is trash.

I said you were drawing big conclusions off limited information about one outlier situation while ignoring a whole host of information to the contrary.

But again that’s why i said the conversation about the BG3 situation should be in another thread.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
1. ok
2. I’m not pushing any narrative other than Larian wanting to release their game when and how they wanted. Most devs would set a date for all platforms at once, and this wouldn’t even be a conversation. That’s literally what happened with every other game.
3. Other next gen only games are working just fine on the S. And really taxing games that were pretty much broken on last gen like cyberpunk run good even at 60fps on the S.

I didn’t act like you said ms is trash.

I said you were drawing big conclusions off limited information about one outlier situation while ignoring a whole host of information to the contrary.

But again that’s why i said the conversation about the BG3 situation should be in another thread.

2. They can't release how they want. "We cant release the game on the ecosystem w/o the feature" "We are obliged to launch with feature parity". They would release on just the Series X if they could, but MS wont let them.

3. What other next gen only games are there, on this scale that are running just fine? You bring up Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is on last gen consoles.
There were no big conclusions drawn. "Wait for reviews" isnt some bad thing to say.

Like I said before you continued this derail, trying to defend the S, wait for reviews(as in tech reviews).

Damn near everybody was saying either wait for reviews or jsut get an X. Why are you trying to defend the S so hard? You should want your coli brehthren to get the best experience he can and not waste money on something that could be inferior. :dahell:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
2. They can't release how they want. "We cant release the game on the ecosystem w/o the feature" "We are obliged to launch with feature parity". They would release on just the Series X if they could, but MS wont let them.

3. What other next gen only games are there, on this scale that are running just fine? You bring up Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is on last gen consoles.
There were no big conclusions drawn. "Wait for reviews" isnt some bad thing to say.

Like I said before you continued this derail, trying to defend the S, wait for reviews(as in tech reviews).

Damn near everybody was saying either wait for reviews or jsut get an X. Why are you trying to defend the S so hard? You should want your coli brehthren to get the best experience he can and not waste money on something that could be inferior. :dahell:
2. read the article.
Larian’s engineers found optimisation work on the S version difficult because as content kept being added over the years the scope of the game increased. “It was very hard for them to do this when the game wasn't ‘finished finished’ yet, because all the content kept on coming,” Vincke explained. “Now they have everything, so they see what they're up against.”
They didn’t even start optimization on the S until the PC version was ready.
Our PC players have been aiding making this game much better during Early Access. They've been waiting long enough. So it's time for them to get their version in their hands.
Game was out on early access on PC for years being optimized and worked on and they had incentive to get that PC version out instead of spending resources on the S version.

This is their unique situation and not one indicative of most games and developers.

3. Flight Sim, Jedi Survivor, Gotham Knights, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop. I’m sure there’s more. But Series S has already proven it can handle “current gen” games. It will also get the Next gen only Cyberpunk update.

I’m not the one posting IGN articles about other games and random xbox podcasts. Again saying “wait for tech reviews is one thing” Now 10 pages of a referendum on the series S is another:stopitslime:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
We need a whole subforum like The Bushes that’s just a copy of every arcadium thread but with only Gizmo, Meach, and Titan’s replies in it

nikkas really arguing for pages long off the back of someone else’s question:unimpressed:
those 3 stooges need to be banished period. goofy fukks bickering like disgruntled lovers in some fictional video game gang war in every thread:mjlol:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
2. read the article.
They didn’t even start optimization on the S until the PC version was ready.

Game was out on early access on PC for years being optimized and worked on and they had incentive to get that PC version out instead of spending resources on the S version.

This is their unique situation and not one indicative of most games and developers.

3. Flight Sim, Jedi Survivor, Gotham Knights, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop. I’m sure there’s more. But Series S has already proven it can handle “current gen” games. It will also get the Next gen only Cyberpunk update.

I’m not the one posting IGN articles about other games and random xbox podcasts. Again saying “wait for tech reviews is one thing” Now 10 pages of a referendum on the series S is another:stopitslime:
2. That proves Series S is holding them back. Notice Series S is only mentioned. They arent having issues with X or PS5. Them having EA on PC means nothing. The optimization for PC transfers/works for consoles.

3. None of those games are on the scale of BG3.
No you not the one posting articles. You the one pulling shyt outta your ass trying to get a coli breh to possibly spend money on an inferior product. shyt was squashed, he said he would wait for reviews. You the one that jumped out the window to keep going on about the S. Have fun tho, you way to invested in this S vs X shyt.

Anyone want an unbiased opinion on getting an X vs S for this game, wait for tech reviews.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We need a whole subforum like The Bushes that’s just a copy of every arcadium thread but with only Gizmo, Meach, and Titan’s replies in it

nikkas really arguing for pages long off the back of someone else’s question:unimpressed:

thread has gotten absolutely disgusting…I understand the game hasn’t released yet but this low level of discourse wouldn’t happen in the spider-man 2 thread…the thread is still supposed to be about a game ppl are looking forward to playing

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For real, though. We're really at a point where people can't even get a serious suggestion about anything on here because it turns into arguing in bad faith over the most specific of talking points.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
2. That proves Series S is holding them back. Notice Series S is only mentioned. They arent having issues with X or PS5. Them having EA on PC means nothing. The optimization for PC transfers/works for consoles.
PS5 version didn’t make day one either. Would you say the PS5 is holding them back :comeon:

Again we know the PC version got LOTS more time. We know they had incentive to get the PC and PS5 version out FIRST.

Larians situation, and goals were very different than most devs. They say that in the article.
3. None of those games are on the scale of BG3.
Flight Simulator is the whole damn world :stopitslime: They are “next gen” games you asked for. Cyberpunk is still one of the largest and most complex games out on Series X/ PS5 but that one don’t count for…..reasons.

No you not the one posting articles. You the one pulling shyt outta your ass trying to get a coli breh to possibly spend money on an inferior product. shyt was squashed, he said he would wait for reviews. You the one that jumped out the window to keep going on about the S. Have fun tho, you way to invested in this S vs X shyt.

Anyone want an unbiased opinion on getting an X vs S for this game, wait for tech reviews.
I have not pulled anything out of my ass. That’s what you did.

It was “settled” yet YOU made a post about BG3 and it proving something about the S. YOU did that. Now wanna pretend i was in here talking to myself.:stopitslime:

Last edited: